Oreo Balls: Easy Variation Ideas
Its very easy to adapt this Oreo ball recipe.
- Make them festive! These Oreo truffles can easily be adapted to any holiday or season or occasion, just by switching up the topping. Use hearts for Valentines day, red and green sprinkles for Christmas, orange and purple for Halloween, etc. You could even use colored candy melts instead of chocolate if you like!
- Use different chocolate. If you prefer dark chocolate or white chocolate, you can use either for dipping. However, I do recommend still incorporating some almond bark. Straight chocolate chips will not have the structure or set as well as the almond bark does. White almond bark pairs perfectly with white chocolate.
- Switch up the toppings. Instead of crushed cookies, you can add crushed peppermint, sprinkles, or just drizzle some more melted chocolate over the top.
- Give them a mint twist. If you want some minty chocolate truffles, just add in a drop or two of mint extract when preparing the filling. Or use mint flavored Oreos!
Easy 5 Minute Leftover Cheese Balls
Love this recipe? Share it!
So its the day after you’ve hosted friends or family and you made a HUGE cheese board. It was awesome! Everyone loved it. BUT now you have tons of leftover cheese. Enter: Leftover Cheese Balls!
Dainty, mini cheese balls made from leftover cheese so they can be enjoyed another day.
How To Make Oreo Balls + 17 Oreo Truffles Recipes
Oreo Balls are a homemade candy truffle where the center is made of crushed Oreo cookies and cream cheese. Use this Oreo Balls recipe to make these delicious no-bake treats!
When I first saw Oreo truffles, I was immediately intrigued. Sandwich cookies are one of my kids favorite cookies and these no-bake candies were so incredible. Years later, the basic Oreo Balls recipe has inspired so many more recipes with different flavors, decorations, and unique combinations. They are so simple to create and yet, they always have that WOW appeal when you make them for a party favor or hostess gift. Oreo Cookie Balls are a perfect addition to any gathering or holiday.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Need To Be Refrigerated
Don’t Miss: Is Campbell’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Vegetarian
Fail Proof Cheese Balls Recipe
Cheese balls are a favourite snack to order when we eat out, and Ill admit they are not the easiest thing to make at home. The chances of them bursting open in hot oil are high, if not made right.
But that’s why Ive done all the work for you – tested these over and over again to make sure they are fail proof.
Once you get it right, theres no stopping you from indulging in these crumb-fried balls with an oozy, creamy center. They hit all the right notes, making you fall in love, one cheese-ball at a time.
If youre contemplating making it for game night, or just as an evening snack, think no more! Theyre going to be a hit, and heres why –
- The center is melty, cheesy and gooey – do I need to say more?
- These cheese balls are flavoured with garlic, Italian seasoning, and have veggies like bell peppers and corn. All of this makes them really tasty!
- Only 30 minutes from start to finish
- The double crumbing technique will make sure they dont burst open while frying
- They can be frozen easily so you always have a stash of these emergency snacks if guests come over!
Tips To Make Cheese Balls
1. Boil potatoes just until done without making them too soggy or mushy. Over cooked or soggy potatoes will need more bread crumbs to absorb the moisture. This alters the taste of the covering.
2. I have flavored the cheese balls with pepper, red chili flakes, Italian herbs and allspice powder.
To give an Indian touch you can just use kasuri methi and garam masala. But the combination of herbs & spices I use lend exceptionally flavorful and the best potato cheese balls.
3. I have used cheddar cheese. However you can replace it with mozzarella cheese.
Read Also: Is Kraft Cheese Real Cheese
Packaging The Cheese Curls
- 6 The cheese curls move along the conveyor belt and are dried. A vibrating conveyor belt moves the snacks along until they fall into the weigher. The weighing machine weighs out just the right amount of curls to go into a bag and puts them into a chute. Huge rolls of flattened bags are loaded into the weighing machine, formed, and prepared to receive the corn curls that drop into the bags. The bags are then heat sealed. Cartons of bags are packed and shipped to a warehouse.
Celebration Cheese Ball With Pecans
Can we celebrate with a cheese ball? Yes, pecan. Cheddar and cream cheese get a lift from onion and garlic and a crunch from pecans in this game-day and holiday favorite that’s rolled in chopped nuts.
Here’s a recipe that combines two classic flavors into one cheesy appetizer. Fig jam, crispy crumbled bacon, scallions, cheddar, and cream cheese combine to form a spread that’s great for all of your festive gatherings, from holiday brunches to bridal showers.
Alan Richardson-Getty Images
Say aloha to a cheese ball packed with tropical flavor. Crushed pineapples add sweetness, while chopped green bell pepper and green onion lend texture and freshness. The whole orb is rolled in chopped nuts for crunch.
Continue to 5 of 15 below.
Think you can keep your party guests from demolishing this nut-free party cheese ball? Gouda luck. Yes, you guessed itit’s made with smoked Gouda, plus cream cheese, and a few other easy-to-find ingredients. Instead of nuts, it’s rolled in bacon bits.
Don’t Miss: Do Vegans Eat Cheese Or Eggs
Tips And Tricks For How To Make Oreo Balls Without Cream Cheese
If you were to use a freshly baked cake, make sure to have it fully cooled. In addition to that, you can use frosting instead of ganache when mixing the crumbs make sure not to put too much frosting because it produces super moist and greasy cake pops.
The oreo cake pops must be cold and solid before dipping. You can store the undipped cake balls in the refrigerator for up to six weeks, depending on how well you have kept them. Moreover, the cake pops can last for up to a week at room temperature.
Additionally, the main reason why Oreo cake pops break apart in the warm chocolate is that they are not sufficiently cold since you did not chill them for ample time. Likewise, it might be because it is humid and hot in your kitchen. If this ever happens, put them back in the freezer till it firms.
How To Make Cheeseballs
Here’s the detailed step by step recipe to help you make amazing Veg Cheese Balls at home:
3. Now shape the dough into lime sized balls. Use roughly 2 tbsps of the mix per cheese ball. To ensure theyre of the same size, you could choose to use a measuring scoop or an ice cream scoop too.
4. Meanwhile make the flour slurry by combining equal parts of all-purpose flour and cornflour with water, and a pinch of salt.
5. Nicely whisk the mixture, and make sure there are no lumps.
6. In another bowl, add breadcrumbs and salt. You could also throw in some extra seasoning , for added flavour.
7. Mix well.
8. Coat the cheese ball with breadcrumbs
9. Make sure it’s coated uniformly and press it gently on all sides to make sure the breadcrumbs are sticking to the cheeseball
10. Now, dip the ball in the slurry, and coat on all sides
11. Coat with breadcrumbs again, for double crumbing. This will help retain the shape of the cheese ball while frying. Repeat for all the balls. Once done, refrigerate the cheeseballs for around 20 minutes, as it helps hold their shape better.
12. Heat oil in a kadai. You want the oil to be between 350 F – 375 F. Slide a few cheeseballs into the hot oil
You May Like: What Is The Best Nacho Cheese Sauce To Buy
How To Make A Cheese Ball
These days, we have so many cheeses and ingredients to choose from that a cheese ball can be made with dozens if not hundreds of cheese combinations. However, a good cheese ball recipe will follow a basic formula.
To make a cheese ball, combine a grated or shredded hard cheese with a soft, spreadable cheese. You can choose to spike the mixture with optional seasonings and additions or leave it plain.
Form the mixture into a ball, then gently roll it in a coating of crunchy chopped nuts, sweet dried fruit, or savory chopped meat or charcuterie. Plate, garnish, and serve with crackers or bread for spreading.
These Oreo Balls Are Such A Fun And Easy Treat To Make Just 3 Ingredients And Theyre No
Good morning my friend! It really is a good morning for me, as I am on vacation with my family in the beautiful Dominican Republic.
Its been glorious so far. The weather is warm and breezy and the sun is shining. We are getting lots of relaxation in, and it feels wonderful.
Before I left, I whipped up a quick batch of these Oreo Balls so that I could still have something to share with you, even though Im away.
I chose this recipe because it is so quick and easy, and you only need 3 simple ingredients to make it! Also I feel like this site is a little light on candy recipe options
But if you know someone who is a fan of cookies and cream, you have to make them these Oreo truffles! My oldest son LOVES them. Theyre a perfect balance of deep, dark chocolate and creamy white chocolate, with a snappy candy coating and a soft, luscious filling.
Dont Miss: Babybel Cheese Backpacking
You May Like: Is Cheese A Good Source Of Calcium
Cream Cheese Ball Recipe Adaptations
- Cheese Ball with Bacon. Cook and crumble 3 strips of bacon. Let cool completely, then mix the crumbles in with the cheddar cheese in Step 1. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
- Cheese Ball with Ham. Place 6 ounces of finely shaved deli ham in the food processor with one quarter of a yellow onion. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, cheddar, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt. Process until smooth. Turn out onto the plastic wrap and proceed with the recipe as directed.
- Cream Cheese and Green Onions Cheese Ball. Finely chop 2 green onions. Add the white and light green parts with the cheddar in Step 1. Mix the green parts with the pecans in Step 4 and roll on the outside as directed, omitting the parsley.
- Cream Cheese Ball Dessert. Totally different but also good! We dont have a family recipe for this, BUT I can vouch for this Chocolate Cheesecake Dip, which is heavenly. Serve it in a dish and dip with vanilla wafers, pretzels, or holiday Oreo cookies.
What Kind Of Chocolate Works Best
I recommend Ghiradelli melting wafers. They are very easy to use and they firm up nicely once cooled. Wilton melting wafers or melted almond bark can also be used.
Chocolate chips are tricky to work with as their texture is not as smooth and they can be messy even once the chocolate cools. If you do need to use chocolate chips for dipping then add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the melted chocolate to help with the consistency.
Read Also: Babybel Cheese Wax Edible
Don’t Miss: Is Annie’s Vegan Mac And Cheese Good
Why You Will Love This Recipe
No BakeDessert These are so easy you dont even have to use an oven, making this a wonderful treat for kids to help with. If you love no-bake recipes as much as I do, youll also want to try No-Bake Peanut Butter Buckeye Bars!
Cookies and Cream The flavor of these Oreo Truffles is just like your favorite Cookies and Cream ice cream, except these dont melt so you can easily transport them to your favorite gathering! They are a decadent treat and always a crowd-pleaser!
Easy Since these are made without cream cheese they are so much easier to make than traditional cookie balls! Three simple ingredients go straight into the food processor or a bowl and it takes just minutes to mix up.
These delicious Oreo truffles arent our only no-bake dessert. These Buckeye Bars are another of our favorite treats that dont require an oven!
Dont Miss: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Dominos Sauce
Heres A Few More Tasty Cheese Recipes For You:
- Mac and cheese a creamy and cheesy dish with a light crunchy topping of breadcrumbs and gooey melted cheese.
- Alfredo pasta a creamy pasta made with fresh cream and mixed veggies.
- Cheese biscuits yummy biscuits with a crisp texture on the outside and soft bread-like texture inside.
- Corn cheese balls an easy, tasty, no-fail recipe for corn cheese balls .
Please be sure to rate this recipe in the recipe card below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, for my emails or follow me on , , , or .
Read Also: Is Mac N Cheese Keto
How To Make A Cheese Ball For Your Holiday Party
A homemade cheese ball is welcome on any holiday menu. It can serve as the center of a Christmas-themed cheese board or stand out in a celebratory spread of New Years Eve nibbles.
Heres how to make the perfect cheese ball for your holiday gathering. Read on for cheese ball ingredient tips, techniques, and recipes!
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball Crust
The last perfect touch to these Leftover Cheese Balls are a mix of crunchy Panko breadcrumbs and everything but the bagel seasoning.
Equal parts of both ingredients are a great topping to cheese balls! They add amazing texture and flavor to these mixed up, mashed up mini cheese balls.
Simply mix equal parts Panko breadcrumbs and everything but the bagel seasoning and gently roll your cheese balls in the mix.
Read Also: What Brand Of Cottage Cheese Has Probiotics
What Is A Cheese Ball
When you think of a cheese ball, your mind probably conjures a creamy orange orb of cheese coated in crunchy chopped nuts. In fact, the classic American cheese ball has its roots in a surprising place.
Around the turn of the 20th century, it was fashionable to serve small balls of soft cheese coated in chopped nuts alongside a lunch salad. By the 1940s, cheese balls rolled in nuts, dried fruit, or chopped meat had become a trendy appetizer at parties, and around this time, cheese balls were made large enough to feed a crowd rather than just one person.
Midcentury cheese balls were often made with a combination of processed cheese and cream cheese, though it was also popular to incorporate blue cheese like Roquefort for a stronger punch of flavor.
The mixture might be seasoned with ingredients like mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion, or horseradish. Cheese balls were shaped and rolled in chopped pecans, which often included colorful ingredients like parsley or paprika.
Preparation For Cheese Balls Recipe
1. Boil the potatoes in which ever way you like. I prefer to boil them in a pot with water enough to cover them. This way they dont turn too mushy or soft. It is good to keep the skin while boiling as it prevents them from turning mushy.
2. Peel off the skin.
3. Mash them well. There should be no balls or lumps of potato. The mashed potatoes must be smooth. To prevent lumps you can also grate and then mash them.
4. Add the bread crumbs or powdered poha. Then the dried herbs, pepper and red chili flakes. Also add in little salt. Do note that cheese is salted so you will need very less salt here.
5. Then add garlic or ginger garlic paste and coriander leaves.
6. Mix together everything and make a ball. The mixture must be non sticky and not too dry.
7. Divide the mixture to 8 to 10 balls. I doubled the recipe so I got 18 balls.
Recommended Reading: How Much Sodium Is In Provolone Cheese
How To Form The Best Mini Cheeseball
So the key to getting the right texture is to pulse these in a food processor until it resembles a dough.
That’s why it’s key to have a mild soft cheese to hold it all together. It should stick together if you squeeze it in your hand.
That’s when I take a small cookie scoop and scoop mini cheese balls! These are about 1 tablespoon each which is a great serving size. Scoop as many as you can and gently roll them into perfect balls.
- gently use the cookie scoop to create cheese balls
- Roll in Panko breadcrumbs then place on cookie sheet
How Long Can Oreo Cake Pops Last
Before anything else, you must always keep it in a ziplock bag or airtight container when storing it in the fridge or freezer. It can last for about three to six weeks if stored correctly in the refrigerator. On the other hand, it can last for approximately three months in the freezer. However, it is not appropriate to keep it at room temperature since the chocolate will melt.
With that, you can serve them right away if stored in the fridge. But, if it came from the freezer, you should always thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for several minutes before re-serving them.
Recommended Reading: Is Annie’s Mac And Cheese Healthy