Easy Crockpot Velveeta Rotel Cheese Dip
Made with only 2 ingredients, this is the easiest cheese dip ever! And since its made in the slow cooker, its the perfect dip for parties. You can leave it out all night and this Crockpot Velveeta Rotel cheese dip recipe will taste as good at the end of the evening as it did at the beginning.
I dont think Ive ever held a party where I didnt serve this cheesy dip recipe. But it is especially good for game day get-togethers where you want something to nibble on for the whole game.
Okay, maybe Velveeta isnt real cheese. But combine it with Rotel, and it sure makes a melty, creamy queso dip that everyone loves!
I have a few vegetarian friends so I usually make this Rotel dip recipe without meat.
But if you want to beef it up a bit , you can add sausage, ground beef or ground turkey .
And did I mention how much I love party recipes that are served in the slow cooker?
You can set them up ahead of time and theyre ready to go when the party starts. No last minute running around.
Easy, make-ahead, and tasty! No wonder its one of my go-to party appetizers.
How To Make Smoked Queso Dip
Have you been dying to try the viral Tik Tok queso recipe that youve seen across social media? See how you can grill up this deliciously easy cheesy dip on any charcoal, gas, or pellet style smoker at home!
If you love cheese, then you will hands down love this easy smoked queso recipe on the grill! Its the perfect party dip that wows a crowd and guarantees that people will be requesting it time and time again.
While this dip is a lower carb cheese sauce, its not exactly what I would call healthy . We are also huge connoisseurs of a good cheese sauce over here at Bon Appeteach . I knew that this dip in particular needed to make its home here on my site.
With a handful of affordable ingredients you can whip this fairly hands off recipe up in no time! Grab all the details below for tips and techniques for smoking the perfect cheese dip below or jump to the recipe at the bottom of the page. Lets dive in!
Three: Choose Your Dippers
Now that youve put your dip together, youll want to decide what to dip in it. Fruit, vegetables, tortillas and bits of toast are obvious choices, but you can also of course provide other dippers, like chicken fingers, fries, and pretzels. As long as it tastes good covered in cheese, you can bet that it will go well with the dip.
Don’t Miss: Does Babybel Need To Be Refrigerated
How To Make Chili Cheese Dip:
On the Stovetop:
1. Combine ingredients in saucepan. Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese is bubbly, about 6-8 minutes. Add more milk to thin the mixture, if necessary.
For Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip:
Option : Use A Slow Cooker
Your next option is to use a slow cooker. Just like in the microwave method, the first thing you need to do is shred the cheese into smaller pieces.
For this method, we recommend using a pound of Velveeta cheese. You should add the cheese straight into the slow cooker and cover it, leaving it to boil on low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
Please note that this method does not require you to add any butter or milk to the slow cooker as you are cooking it on a very low heat.
To stop the cheese from getting clumpy, we recommend regularly stirring it throughout the 30 minutes that it is in the slow cooker.
Once the 30 minutes have passed, you should replace the lid on the slow cooker and leave the cheese to cook for between 1-2 hours.
During this time you should not stir the cheese or remove the lid as this could damage its consistency. After this, the cheese will be ready to serve, so simply keep it warm until you are ready to eat.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Read Also: Babybel Cheese Wax Edible
Can I Use Pre
If youre wondering whether or not it is worth your time to grate fresh cheese over buying pre-shredded, packaged cheese, the answer is yes it totally is. Freshly grated cheese has a softer texture and better flavor. You really can taste the difference.
However, if you are in a pinch for time, of course, feel free to sub in 1 1/2 packages of good, high-quality pre-shredded cheese.
Recommended Reading: Is Philadelphia Cream Cheese Keto
How To Make Mexican White Cheese Dip
Also Check: Are Blue Diamond Almonds Keto
How To Make Cheese Sauce Step By Step Photos
Start by placing 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp flour in a small sauce pot.
Heat the flour and butter over medium flame and whisk together until they become bubbly and foamy. Continue whisking for about 60 seconds. This mixture is called a roux and is what will thicken your sauce. Letting the roux cook for about 60 seconds slightly toasts the flour and gets rid of that raw floury flavor, but you want it to stay blonde, so if it begins to brown, remove it from the heat.
Whisk in one cup of whole milk. Turn the heat up slightly and let it come to a simmer . Because the small volume, it should come to a simmer very quickly .
When it reaches a simmer, the milk will thicken. When its thick enough to coat a spoon like in the photo, turn off the heat.
Whisk in 6oz. shredded medium cheddar, one hand full at a time, until it is melted into the sauce. If needed, put the pot back over a low flame to help it melt, but the residual heat should do most of the work.
Finally, season the sauce with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp chili powder.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings if needed. And thats it! Now you have real ingredient, really delicious, homemade nacho cheese sauce.
This post either just ruined your life or made your day. Or maybe both.
Ingredients For Smoked Queso:
- Velveeta Cheese Yes, it needs to be Velveeta! While it gets picked on at times, I am personally a lover of the melty gold goodness. Because its cheese product it melts easily, is hard to burn, and makes a great base for this recipe. Buy a block and chop it into cubes!
- Pepper Jack Cheese Shred a block of pepper jack to help balance out the intense cheddar flavor of the Velveeta. You can swap for other Mexican style cheeses here as well.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes Use your favorite brand of fire roasted tomatoes . The canned tomatoes add a ton of flavor and the liquid helps thin out the cheese.
- Green Chiles I like to add a large can of green chiles to help add some flavor to the mixture.
- Onion Dice up some onion and sauté it before adding it to the dip .
- Fresh Jalapenos I like to dice these up and add them in to give it some heat. This is optional but great if you enjoy it! I cook this along with the onion and the chorizo to get them a little more tender prior to smoking.
- Cooked Chorizo Sausage While you can always use ground beef, I am absolutely obsessed with a cook crispy cooked, ground chorizo. The flavors and spices are out of this world and make this dip go a long way. Pre- cook it and drain the grease and add the onion in as well.
- Garnish- Top with fresh, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes and green onion if desired. I also sometimes like to sprinkle on some of this homemade Tajin seasoning blend too!
Recommended Reading: Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Ingredients
An Easy Creamy Cheese Dip
Whip up a batch of this Rotel Dip Recipe for get-togethers, potlucks, and Super Bowl parties. Its even perfect for an everyday snack! You can also double it for leftovers for the next day!
Queso dip is perfect by itself but with the addition of spicy sausage and Rotel, this hot cheesy dip becomes ten times better.
Whether youre using crackers, veggies, or tortilla chips, this Rotel cheese dip recipe is the best!
If you love spicy cheese dips, make sure and also check out everyones favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. We make it several times a year!
Ingredients In Beer Cheese Dip
Most of these ingredients you will already have on hand in your kitchen! There are just a few that you may have to pick up at the store. So read this over, grab what you need, and get to cooking! Once you try it, you will know exactly what you need for next time and it will be so easy! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Flour: Mixing the butter and flour will make a roux which is what helps thicken up the dip!
- Milk: Mix this in and whisk until it thickens. Dont give up, it will happen!
- Beer: Any brand of beer will work.
- Sharp cheddar cheese: I like to make sure that my cheese is freshly grated. Freshly grateed cheese blends in better making a smooth texture.
- Gruyere: This adds in the most amazing flavor to the dip!
- Paprika: A sweet spice that adds to the overall flavor.
- Garlic: I loooove whenever garlic is added into a recipe, especially a dip!
- Dijon mustard: This gives it a bit of a zesty tang without being to mustard flavored.
Read Also: Is The Wax On Babybel Cheese Edible
How Do You Make Cheese Sauce From Scratch
This homemade cheese sauce is ready to enjoy in almost no time because the recipe is so simple. It uses well known ingredients that are easy to work with and prepare. You will be so glad you have this recipe in your collection!
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Your cheese will start to get clumpy or stringy if it gets too hot. To avoid this, add the cheese end at the very end, then promptly remove it from the heat.
What Is Queso Is It Just Melted Cheese
The literal translation of queso is cheese, but when we talk about it, were talking specifically about the melty, liquidy, amazing goodness that is queso DIP. I always think of the traditional kind you get at Mexican restaurants, which is why I wanted make this authentic white queso recipe.
This is truly the cheese dip of your DREAMS! Its a copycat recipe from your favorite restaurant. Ive loaded mine with green chiles, spices, and topped with cilantro, jalapeños, and tomatoes. Perfect!
Queso is meant for a Party
Read Also: Unrefrigerated String Cheese
Unique Serving Suggestions For Cheesecake Dip
While this creamy, scoop-able cheesecake does make a delicious dip, you can also transform it into a brand-new recipe! Below are some of my favorite, unique serving ideas for dessert dip!
8 ways to use your sweet cream cheese dip
- Cheesecake Strawberries: Core out fresh strawberries and use the dip to make cheesecake stuffed strawberries!
- Bagels: Start your morning right by giving your bagel a delicious schmear of cheesecake dip!
- Cinnamon Bread: Jazz up toasted cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread with a liber spread of dessert cream cheese!
- Waffles/Pancakes: Smear a generous amount of dip on top of your warm waffles or pancakes before drizzling them with real maple syrup!
- Stuffed French Toast: Use sweet cream cheese dip as a stuffing for French toast!
- Cookie Sandwich: For a next level cookie, sandwich a bit of cheesecake dip between two of your favorite cookies! I personally love using snickerdoodle cookies and this dip!
- Waffle Cone or Cup: Fill waffle cones or cups with cheesecake dip for a fun twist on dessert!
- No-Bake Cheesecake Cups: Fill the bottom of individual cups with graham cracker crumbs and top it with cheesecake dip! Finish the cups off with your favorite fresh fruit, fruit compote, syrup, or sauce!
- Frosting: If you love cream cheese frosting, try using this dip as a topping for cookies, cupcakes and more!
Why Is Beer Cheese Dip The Best
Beer cheese dip is creamy, cheesy, and has the most amazing taste! It is so delicious and all of the cheeses and hints of garlic and paprika make this the perfect blend of flavorings. The texture is to die for! Its thick and will stick to anything that you dip in it. I love dipping bread, vegetables , and even pretzels or chips. I especially love how versatile it is and how it goes with just about everything!
This beer cheese dip is so easy to make and it is one that everyone will go crazy over! It only takes a few minutes to whip up so its a great one to bring to a last-minute potluck or party. And if you really want to make it fancy then you should make these homemade pretzel rolls to dip in it! This is one of my favorite recipes and I cannot wait for you to try it! Im sure that you will love it as much as I do!
Don’t Miss: What Sauce Goes On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
How To Make Rotel Dip In The Crock Pot
This dip can easily be made in the slow cooker. Simply brown and drain the ground beef or sausage as directed and drain. Combine all ingredients in a mini crock pot/slow cooker and set to low 2-3 hours stirring occasionally until melted. Once melted, turn slow cooker to warm.
Even if you cook this recipe on the stove top, using a slow cooker on warm is a great way to serve it at a party! Rotel dip can harden once cooled making it difficult to scoop. If this happens, simply reheat on the stove top or in the microwave until dippable again!
How To Store Million Dollar Dip
So how do you store leftover dip, or make this dip ahead of time? Just as you would store anything else. Once youve transferred your dip into its container, cover your bowl of dip with plastic wrap. You can also skip the plastic wrap by using a container with a sealable lid.
Then, straight into the fridge it goes! It can last up to two days in the fridge, but Im sure itll be gone before then.
From my experience, maybe you should make a few extra serving of this dip, just in case. Dont say I didnt warn you!
Recommended Reading: Laughing Cow Cheese Not Refrigerated
How To Make Easy Queso Blanco
To make the queso blanco recipe, cut a two-pound block of Velveeta queso blanco cheese into cubes.
Put the cheese cubes, pureed peppers, milk, butter, cumin, and pepper into a saucepan.
Over medium heat, melt everything together, stirring often until smooth. Add additional milk if needed.
If you dont eat it all right away, you can store it in the fridge and reheat the queso blanco in the microwave.
Read Also: Can You Put Sour Cream In Mac And Cheese
Hot South Of The Border Dip Recipe
- 1 Can chili sauce
- 2 Packages softened cream cheese
- 2 Cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 Green onions tops chopped
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Heat the chili in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Press the softened cream cheese in the bottom of 1 ½ cup casserole baking dish.
Pour hot chili over the top of cream cheese sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and top with chopped green onions.
Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Dont Miss: Where Do I Buy Cheese Curds
Also Check: Babybel Cheese Refrigeration
How To Store This Dip:
If you have any dip leftover, you can refrigerate the dip in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days or freeze the dip in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, defrost the dip out if frozen in your refrigerator, then add a splash of milk and microwave in 20-30 second intervals stirring between each interval until the dip is heated through and warm.
Ingredients For White Queso Recipe:
- White American Cheese I find this at the deli counter at my local grocery store. If you cannot find it, you can use Velveeta Blanco in this recipe instead.
- Milk I usually use milk as it makes this cheese dip creamier. You can use heavy cream or half and half as well.
- Butter Dont skip the butter and make sure to use a high quality butter not margarine for this recipe. I prefer Land O Lakes butter but any 100% butter will work great in this recipe.
- Green Chiles I use the canned ones and they work awesome. You can use fresh diced fresh green chiles as well if any are available in your area.
- Cumin Dont skip the cumin in this recipe. Its add the perfect flavor to this dip recipe that you will miss!
- Garlic Salt Garlic powder would work as well. If you use garlic powder, I recommend using ¼ of the total amount.
- Cayenne pepper I just use a pinch and this recipe and it adds a little zip. You can use more or less depending on how spicy you enjoy your dip recipe!
Recommended Reading: Babybel Cheese Refrigerate