What Cheese Is Best With Ham
Swiss cheese is the go-to for ham, and thats what I usually use. Cheddar and ham go wonderful together, but it doesnt melt as well so I avoid using it in this recipe. Smoked Gouda is delicious and is perfect for a more grown-up party sandwich.
And, although I havent tried it yet, brie with sliced apples could be a winner.
How To Make Hot Ham And Cheese Sandwiches
How do you make a grilled ham and cheese sandwich?
- Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot skillet. Top with Swiss cheese and ham. Spread the unbuttered side of the second slice of bread with mayonnaise and mustard place it, butter-side up on top of the sandwich. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
Ingredients For Hot Ham And Cheese Sandwiches
Gather your ingredients. Heres what youll need:
- Soft kaiser rolls: I love a kaiser rolls for hot sandwiches. Pretzel rolls would also be an amazing option.
- Mayo: Nobody wants a dry sandwich.
- Yellow mustard: Mayo and mustard are mixed together to make a creamy, slighly sharp sauce for these sandwiches.
- Deli ham: It should be thinly sliced or shaved. Pile it on high. I love honey ham the most for these sandwiches. It combines so nicely with the sharp mustard and cheese.
- Swiss cheese: Swiss and ham is such a classic sandwich comination. It melts nicely and has a delicious bite to it. I went with two slices per sandwich, because the cheesier the better. You could also use provolone.
You May Like: What Is In Aged Cheese That Causes Migraines
Can You Freeze Hawaiian Roll Sliders
You can easily freeze sliders made with Hawaiian rolls and reheat them when youre ready to enjoy them. Simply follow the instructions for freezing these delicious sandwiches. Make sure to give your sandwiches plenty of time to thaw in the refrigerator before you bake them. It usually takes several hours for the sliders to completely thaw.
Once the sandwiches are thawed, preheat your oven to 350° and bake until the buns are toasty and the cheese is melted.
Dont Miss: How To Make Nacho Cheese With Velveeta
The Herbed Compound Butter Is Key
The herbed compound butter is what turns this dish into something exceptional, and its incredibly easy to throw together. All you have to do is mash together softened butter, minced shallots, chopped parsley, and mustard until it becomes a homogenous, spreadable mixture.
In my testing, I found that using room temperature butter over melted butter created a crispier, golden brown buns, whereas using melted butter made the sliders feel greasy.
Simply Recipes / Ross Yoder
Don’t Miss: Is Cheese Ok On Keto
Best Cold Ham And Cheese Sandwich Recipe
This cold ham and cheese sandwich recipe is a very quick and easy snack that is ready in a minute and is great for a packed lunch, a picnic or a road trip.
It is a simple sandwich that could not be easier to make.
Get the mayo on thick
This recipe is for a cold ham and cheese sandwich, but you can also throw this into a sandwich machine, after buttering on the outside, to create a delicious classic ham and cheese toastie. So quick and so tasty . It can also be grilled to make a toastie if you prefer.
Why Youll Love These:
- Easy: Theyre a quick and easy lunch idea thats warm and comforting or even a fast dinner idea!
- Make Ahead: Like with cooking burgers in the oven, theyre something that can be made ahead of time, and wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm for a bit!
- Flexible: Make these sandwiches with your favorites! Whether thats the type of bun used, cheese, or using your favorite condiments your hot ham and cheese sandwich will be exactly how you want it!
Recommended Reading: How To Clean A Wooden Cheese Board
The Best Ham Sandwich Youll Ever Eat
Creamy goat cheese, spicy jam, salty ham, and peppery arugula are combined in the best ham sandwich youll ever eat.
Packed with delicious fillings, this is not your ordinary ham sandwich recipe. I typically pile the fillings on a long French baguette and then slice it into small finger sandwiches. However you make this, it wont last long.
Ill be serving this ham sandwich for holiday get-togethers, family movie night, easy lunches, and snacks throughout the year.
This post was originally sponsored by The National Pork Board and this sandwich was inspired by my trip to Sioux Falls, South Dakota a few years ago.
Weve made this amazing sandwich so many times over the past couple of years, I wanted to share it again, to make sure youll have the recipe fresh in your memory and at your fingertips when you have leftover ham in the house after Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
Hot Ham And Cheese Sliders
- Review: 4.9
- Summary: Make Sandwiches Slice buns in half. I liked to keep them connected and slice them 6 at a time! Line a baking dish or baking sheet with the bottom of the buns,
- Matching search results: Finally, cocktail buns! The best slider bun is cocktail sized egg buns found in your grocers bakery. Again, fresh is always best and produces the most melt-in-your-mouth ham and cheese sliders! Dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls will also do in a
You May Like: What Cheese Can Dogs Eat
When And How To Serve Croque Monsieur
Traditionally Croque Monsieurs are served at bistros and are the type of thing you find as a casual lunchtime offering in France, maybe with a side salad and fries .
Outside of France, its more common to see it on breakfast and brunch menus.
And just when you thought it wasnt possible to gild a lily any more, let me also mention the Croque Madame. This is a popular variation in France that serves no less than a sunny-side-up fried egg on top of an already-obscenely-decadent Croque Monsieur!
Now that sounds like a perfect way to start a day! Nagi x
The Epic Grilled Ham And Cheese
I cant wait to share my favorite ham and cheese sandwich recipe, but before I do, I have lots to tell you about this simple meal. All the information I found out about a simple ham and cheese sandwich was crazy pants!!
Whether you enjoy hot or cold sandwiches, I have several tips that you can use to change how you eat them.
Not even going to lie, my puppers also loves to have a bite here and there because the sandwiches turn out so yummy!
So ok, take a quick peek at these tips, and you will be devouring a delectable ham and cheese sandwich in no time! You can make it as simple or as advanced as your heart desires!
Read Also: What Sauce Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Don’t Miss: How Many Calories In 1 Ounce Of Gouda Cheese
Hot Ham And Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
30 Minutes or Less 13 mins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These simple hot ham and cheese sandwiches are perfect for a quick lunch or supper. Made of ham, cheese, spices, olive oil and vinegar, this isnt just any ham sandwich!
Okay, everyone knows how to make a ham and cheese sandwich. I know, but let me tell you, this sandwich is not the average ham sandwich. It is anything but. The flavors from the herbs, oil, vinegar mingle together to make this sandwich extra special.
For some time now, this has been one of those sandwiches that I like to just keep in my arsenal of quick, easy and absolutely delicious go-to recipes. My whole family loves it, Sams friends love it, and it just couldnt get much easier to prepare.
I like to start with a crusty on the outside, yet soft on the inside style sandwich bread. Sometimes Ill grab them from the bakery at the grocery store and then sometimes I just pick up a pack of these individual sized ones from the bread aisle. Just go with a bread that you love and that holds up.
While my oven is preheating, I grab a rimmed sheet pan or two and begin slicing open my bread for assembling the sandwiches. Heres the key, I drizzle olive oil and red wine vinegar on both the top and the bottom interior pieces of the bread. Then, I sprinkle them with dried oregano and dried basil. Of course, you can use fresh oregano and basil if youd like and you have it on hand. It is amazing!
Croque Monsieur The Ultimate Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- Review: 3.75
- Summary: Apr 30, 2021 Croque Monsieur is a hot ham and cheese sandwich, done the French way! Béchamel sauce, ham, cheese and a smear of Dijon mustard,
- Matching search results: And just when you thought it wasnt possible to gild a lily any more, let me also mention the Croque Madame. This is a popular variation in France that serves no less than a sunny-side-up fried egg on top of an already-obscenely-decadent Croque
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Cheese For Pizza
How To Make A Ham And Cheese Sandwich
- Post author
If you are in hurry and you need to fix yourself with delicious and nutritious food, you have come to the right place. We are here for you, not just to give you hectic recipes, which you will wear you off, but to also make cooking fun for you.
Every site throws recipes at you but we will take you through few easy steps to make ham and cheese sandwich. You can eat it not just in breakfast but whenever you have craving for delicious meal, this sandwich will come to your rescue.
A Perfect Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Here Ill show you the tastiest way to whip up a classic Ham and Cheese Sandwich!
When youre scouting the sandwich section at the supermarket, youll more than likely spot the good old ham and cheese sandwich. Its not one I ever find myself grabbing, just because its so much easier and tastier to make at home. But the combo of cheese and ham should be celebrated nevertheless, and thats exactly what were doing today. Follow me
Read Also: Where Can I Get A Grilled Cheese
Grilled Ham And Cheese Ingredients
- Bread For a classic cafe-style grilled ham and cheese, choose a good quality white sandwich bread, or try my favorite homemade Artisan Bread. But get creative and use your favorite bread if youd prefer!
- American Cheese Its just so creamy when it melts! We like to buy from the high quality deli blocks of American at our local grocer. Of course you can choose any cheese youd like.
- Ham Thinly sliced is best.
- Butter salted butter is best for a grilled ham and cheese!
How To Make Air Fryer Ham And Cheese Sandwiches
Making grilled ham and cheese sandwiches is so easy, which is why itâs a perfect beginner meal. To begin, spread a light coating the bread with butter. Only on one side of the slices of bread. If you are using mustard and mayonnaise, spread on the other bread slices.
To assemble the sandwiches, add a slice of cheese in center of bread and a slice of ham on top of the bottom piece of bread. Then, top that, with another slice of bread butter side up.
Place in the air fryer basket without overlapping or stacking the sandwiches. If you donât have a basket style air fryer, place the sandwiches on the air fryer tray, and then put the sandwich in air fryer.
Air Fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, flipping the sandwich half way through the cooking process. The sandwich is done when it is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Also Check: Can Diabetics Eat Mac And Cheese
Hot Ham And Cheese Thats Been Baked With Hawaiian Rolls And An Onion & Dijon Butter Sauce Make The Perfect Party Sandwiches
When I was a kid, wed make two sandwiches all the time: hot ham and cheese and tuna cheesies. Both were wrapped in tinfoil then baked in the oven until they were hot and the cheese was melted and gooey. These were the 80s version of party sandwiches.
We lived in a pretty small town and I still remember when we got our first fast-food joint. It was a Hardees and even then they served their hot ham and cheese sandwiches. My parents still love to tease me that theyd be going to the Pine Tree for a nice dinner and invite me along. Id always respond with just get me a hot ham and cheese, Dukes of Hazzard is on tonight.
So despite this hot ham and cheese recipe not being quite the same thing, it still brings fond memories to mind.
I make party sandwiches all the time, regardless of whether theres an actual party happening. Theyre so simple to make, even for lunch! And you cant beat them for dinner with a quick side salad.
These arent just plain old hot ham and cheese sandwiches, either. Theyre called party sandwiches for a reason! Yes, they have ham and cheese on a roll, but you bake them all at once the pour over a delicious buttery onion & Dijon flavored sauce that puts these bad boys over the top.
How To Make Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Place the sliced Bread on the counter or kitchen table. Cover one side of the Bread with a thin layer of mayonnaise and mustard. Pour a little butter into a non-stick pan and let the butter melt over low heat. Place the Bread slice in a non-stick pan . Top with 3 slices of ham. Add the cheddar Cheese slices. Then place the remaining slice of Bread on top. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 5 minutes until the underside is golden brown. Turn Sandwich and cook for another 5 minutes. Now the Cheese is melted and our crunchy Sandwich is ready.
Also Check: What Sauce Comes On A Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Baked Hot Ham Cheese Sandwiches
29 August, 2016
If youâre new here, you may want to follow me on , too. Thanks for visiting!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Baked Hot Ham Cheese Sandwiches: Garden vegetable cream cheese takes these ordinary hot ham and cheese sandwiches to an out of this world meal idea. Its an easy recipe your family will love!
We love baked ham cheese sandwiches at the Smith house. Theres something wonderful about the slightly toasted bread filled with warmed sandwich fillings and loaded with melted cheese. Thats why this week I decided to create a new sandwich recipe. Since the boys love hot ham and cheese sandwiches, I grabbed a couple of ham varieties from the deli and a couple of sliced cheese varieties, too.
Ill admit that those fillings alone create one tasty sandwich. However, it was when I decided to skip the mayonnaise for a different sandwich spread that really made this ham and cheese sandwich sing.
On a whim, I decided to grab a package of Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese from the fridge to use as my sandwich spread. Let me just say that these sandwiches were amazing. The cream cheese melted over the rest of the fillings to blend the garden vegetable flavors over everything else.
Heres how I made mine.
You May Like: Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna With Steakums
Bake The Hot Ham And Cheese Sandwiches
Cut pieces of foil large enough to fully cover each sandwich. Place sandwiches on the center of the foil and wrap up tightly.
You can either place the sandwiches directly on the rack of your preheated oven or you can place them on abaking sheet to make it easier to take them out of the oven.
Bake until toasted and cheese is melted.
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Cheese Do You Use For Quesadillas
More Refrigerator Biscuit Recipes
While we love ham and cheese sandwich bites we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- 3 CHEESE BOMBS Soft and flaky biscuit dough wrapped around melty cheese makes one of the worlds best appetizers.
- BREAKFAST BISCUIT BITESThe ideal brunch addition, these little breakfast bites combine the classic breakfast flavors of eggs and bacon.
- DEEP FRIED STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES Crispy fried biscuits, layered with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- APPLE PIE PULL APART BREAD This super easy recipe is must try for everyone who loves apple pie. If for breakfast or dessert, this cinnamon-apple goodness is a sure hit.
Delicious Grilled Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Eating a grilled ham and cheese sandwich is one of those things that make lunchtime perfect. Buttery toasted bread, smoky salty ham, and gooey, melty cheese make an epic meal that when made right, is not only scrumptious but unforgettable.
Simple doesnt have to be boring, folks. Keep reading for tips and tricks to make this grilled cheese sandwich absolutely divine.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission AT NO COST TO YOU. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Also Check: Does Babybel Cheese Have To Be Refrigerated