Boursin Pasta Bake Ingredients
- cherry tomatoes – I picked up a great haul for the farmer’s market and I knew I had to try this recipe! You can use cherry or grape tomatoes, or even cut larger tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- red onion – The roasted red onion in this recipe adds a great flavor and crunch, and a sweetness that balances out the tomatoes so well.
- garlic – I love how delicious the garlic gets as it roasts in the olive oil! So good!
- Boursin cheese – any variety of Boursin would be great for this recipe, including their dairy-free variety!
- red pepper flakes – I love to add a spicy touch to my savory recipes, so we’ll use a little crushed red pepper. If you prefer not to use it, you can just leave it out!
- extra-virgin olive oil – we’re using extra-virgin olive oil to roast our tomatoes and also to help bring the sauce together!
- fresh basil – once it’s out of the oven, we’ll toss some basil in and it adds so much flavor.
- salt & pepper – we’ll season our baked Boursin pasta sauce with a little salt and cracked pepper.
- cooked pasta – I typically cook with gluten-free chickpea pasta, so that’s what I used, but you can use your favorite pasta!
Where To Buy Boursin Dairy Free Cheese
I usually buy this at my local Hannaford grocery store. However, they also sell it at many major grocery retailers that carry the Boursin brand. Sometimes you can also find it in Trader Joes! Make sure you look in the deli section, where all the fancy cheeses are usually kept. Thats the only section Ive seen it in, right next to the original dairy Boursin cheeses. Note that the Boursin websites product locator isnt working for this, so dont get disappointed if youre not seeing any results near you. My advice would be to use the online shopping for each grocery store in your area to see if they carry it. Thats how I find many vegan products near me if the brands product locator isnt showing results.
Customer Questions & Answers
3.8 out of 5 stars
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we donât use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Read Also: How To Make Quick Cheese Dip
What Is Boursin Cheese
Boursin cheese is a creamy delicacy derived from Gournay cheese. It comes in various flavors, such as shallot and chive, garlic and fine herb, and cracked black pepper.
From eating Boursin cheese with crackers to using it in stuffed tomato recipes and more, its an excellent cheese for bringing richness and flavor to the palate.
More Pasta Recipes //
Cook Time: Total Time:
This Boursin Pasta recipe is a creamy pasta dish speckled with green peas and sun-dried tomatoes prepared on the stovetop and ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 package pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs cheese
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Dairy Free Cottage Cheese
Boursin Cheese Pasta Variations
This dish is so versatile, its one of my go-to quick weeknight dinners. But I like to try different variations too, like:
- Use any green vegetable that you have on hand to keep it vegetarian such as green beans, asparagus, spinach or broccoli
- Adding cooked bacon, chicken or shrimp for an added boost of protein
- Switching up the pasta shape to long grain noodles such as spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
Cream Cheese: Best Substitute For Boursin Cheese
Cream cheese is one of the best Boursin substitutes because its creamy and has a mild flavor. Its also easy to mix with other ingredients, making it ideal for flavoring this substitute according to your favorite Boursin cheese combination.
Using cream cheese as a Boursin substitute is a breezeuse it in a 2:1 ratio of cream cheese to butter. From there, you can mix in the flavors of your preference.
Lets assume that you need a Boursin cheese substitute for a large party. In that case, use two 8-ounce packages of softened cream cheese and eight ounces of unsalted butter as your base.
Blend these ingredients with a spatula or mixer, tossing in a ½ teaspoon of salt.
From there, its up to you to mix and match flavors. For example, you could add ½ teaspoon of one or more of the following ingredients:
- Black pepper
- Dill weed
Ideally, you should make this Boursin-like cream cheese mixture the day before you want to eat it. That way, you can stick it in a covered container in the fridge and allow the flavors to soak in overnight.
Dont be surprised if you end up trying out this Boursin substitute and enjoying it more than the real thing. Given that you control the flavors and the texture is so similar, you just might end up craving this homemade version instead!
Got excess cream cheese? Learn how to freeze cream cheese.
Read Also: What Is Good With Cottage Cheese
Why You’ll Love Boursin Chicken
Ok guys, Boursin cheese might just be my favorite cooking shortcut EVER. Since it’s so readily available at grocery stores and tastes delicious, it just makes sense to use it often. It melts beautifully, so it’s ideal for transforming into a creamy sauce for pasta or chicken.
If you were wondering, this post is NOT sponsored. People just love Boursin and for good reason, so I am here to provide recipes for it! You’re going to devour this skillet chicken recipe. I feel like it’s a well-kept secret how good Boursin cheese is! Totally happy to share it with you, though.
Chefs Reveal The 33 Items They Always Buy At The Grocery Store
The last thing a chef wants to do at the end of a busy week is go grocery shopping. But chefs, they’re just like us, remember? These 33 culinary superstarsincluding Judy Joo, Yehuda Sichel, andNathaniel Reidare more than capable of preparing many of the items on this list, but sometimes they just don’t feel like it. From ice cream, bacon, and mayonnaise, to just about anything on sale , check out the items that chefs love to buy at the supermarket.
“As a kid growing up in India, I was not exposed to many varieties of cheese. It was only through my culinary work and travels that my love for cheese started to grow. With all the varieties we have access to at stores, for me it’s a must-buy.” Chintan Pandya, executive chef of Adda Indian Canteen and Rahi
Read Also: How To Make Quick Mac And Cheese
What Bel Brands Products Are Vegan
Bel Brands vegan cheese spread launch comes about one month after the company debuted its own vegan cheese brand called Nurishh.This move solidifies Bels mission to expand beyond dairy to diversify within the healthy snacking market and meet consumers needs, Bel Brands USA tweeted at the time.
The Nurishh range, which is expected to be available at Amazon Fresh and at select retailers later this month, includes both vegan cheese slices and shreds. The slices will be sold in cheddar, mozzarella, and provolone varieties, while the shreds will come in cheddar, mozzarella, and a cheddar and mozzarella blend.
Vegan Mini Babybel cheese, also from Bel Brands, is expected to hit store shelves at some point this year as well, though no exact date has been announced.
If you feel like youve been seeing a lot more news about vegan cheese lately, youre not wrong. The market is currently in the midst of a surge and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 12.8 percent from 2020 to 2027.
Join the waitlist for updates and premium membership & investment opportunities
Whats The Best Boursin Cheese For This Recipe
I’ve tried this recipe with the Garlic & Fine Herbs variety and the Cracked Pepper variety of Boursin, and I prefer it with Garlic & Fine Herbs. But honestly, and kind of Boursin you can get your hands on would work well. I especially want to try it with the Shallot & Chive variety!
I hope you enjoy this baked Boursin pasta TikTok made me try! Let me know in the comments below how you liked it!
You May Like: How Much Mac And Cheese For 50
Everything You’ll Need For Boursin Chicken
- Chicken – we’re pan-frying chicken breasts in this recipe
- Garlic powder – this is added to the chicken itself to infuse flavor. We’ll also add a little salt & pepper.
- Olive oil and butter – essentials for pan-frying the chicken to make it golden brown
- Onion – one of my favorite foundational ingredients for any sauce
- Chicken broth – it’s a simple way to enhance flavor in sauces instead of just using water
- Boursin cheese – the star of the show! I recommend taking the Boursin out of the fridge about 30 minutes or so prior to starting the recipe so it melts into the sauce more easily
- Fresh parsley – I can’t resist adding a pop of freshness with a little bit of parsley
Making Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese:
One thing to mention about the Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese as opposed to actual Boursin, made with the Gournay cheese is that it is super creamy and rich and it is a little smoother than actual Boursin. Real deal Boursin is creamy, too, but can be just a bit crumbly, kind of like the texture of a really creamy blue cheese. Im all about the flavor, but I just thought I might give that a mention so you know.
I used cream cheese and butter as the base of my Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese, and Ive made this before with regular cream cheese and with the light cream cheese, Neufchatel, and its fantastic either way. I have also made my Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese in the past with both fresh herbs and garlic and with garlic powder and dried herbs and honestly like it better with the garlic powder and the dried herbs.
And that holds true especially if Im going to be keeping it more than a few hours in the fridge or want to make it ahead. The fresh garlic intensifies in flavor over time and takes over and the fresh herbs just dont hold up as well as the dried do. Its worth mentioning that I have a huge pot of fresh herbs on my windowsill and I still prefer the dried for this! Since I didnt have any dried chives, I just chopped some up, laid them on a piece of parchment and microwaved them at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until they were dried.
Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese
You May Like: Does Chuck E Cheese Still Use Tokens
About Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese:
When Boursin cheese first came on my radar, there was only one flavor, which the Boursin website describes as Garlic & Fine Herbs. Its utterly delish, and the ingredients are listed right on the package. And so my recipe follows those ingredients closely for a fun, luscious spread. The key ingredients is the White Pepper and thats whats going to give your Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese a lift. White Pepper is on my Top Secret Super Stealth Arsenal of Ingredients post so dont be tempted to leave it out its what makes the magic happen in this simple but scrumptious spread!
But what else I noticed when I visited Boursins website is that theres also a whole bunch of other Boursin cheese flavors. I just need to stop being so focused at the grocery store and look around now and then! I think Ive been shopping the same stores so long I know exactly what I want, exactly where it is and I just dont take those long strolls through the store that some people do, thinking about what they might make or buy.
So it passed me by that Boursin now has, in addition to the original Garlic & Fine Herbs, Shallot & Chive, Basil & Chive, Pepper, Cranberry & Spice, and Red Chili Pepper flavors. You can take this same basic recipe and alter it for any of those or any of your own flavor profiles. Gosh, youre limited only by your imagination
Easy Homemade Boursin Cheese
What To Serve With This Recipe
- You can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes. Rice or pasta will work too.
- You could also serve it with essentially any vegetable side dish, like these Easy Glazed Carrots.
- Or serve it with a side salad. Try making a simple green salad with this homemade ranch dressing or make this Parmesan Arugula Salad!
You May Like: What Is In Kraft Mac And Cheese
Key Ingredients In Boursin Chicken
Heres what you need to make this quick and easy skillet chicken dinner.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken: Chicken Cutlets are my go-to, but you can also make this recipe with chicken tenderloins. Slice chicken breasts into cutlets yourself to save a bit of money at the store.
- Olive Oil and Unsalted Butter: Use both to sear the chicken in your skillet to give it lots of rich flavor.
- Boursin Cheese: You can use any flavor that you like, but I used the garlic and fine herbs variety. Whatever flavor Boursin you choose, thats the flavor that will stand out in your chicken dish. Let it come to room temperature before starting.
- Seasonings: You only need a bit of salt and pepper to season this dish. The Boursin already has herbs and garlic in it!
- Chicken Stock: Homemade stock is perfect, but boxed stock or broth will work just as well to blend with the cream cheese and make a silky sauce.
- Dijon Mustard: This tangy condiment is the secret ingredient in many of my cream sauces. It adds that little bit of extra special flavor that makes everyone ask, Whats in this?
Everything Bagel Seasoning And Gluten
“I use it on everything avocado toast, hard boiled eggs, to garnish salads, on roasted vegetables, mixed into bread crumbs for crispy toppings, popcorn, you name it! Also, Cup 4 Cup Flour. It’s the gluten-free flour mix that was created by pastry chefs in The French Laundry kitchen. My wife has celiac and as a chef who also likes to cook at home, this can be incredibly limiting. I use this recipe for an exact swap of all-purpose flour in anything I bake, and I absolutely swear by it. Brioche, check! Sticky Buns, yup! Homemade pasta, heck yeah!” Katy Smith, executive creative chef of Puesto
Don’t Miss: What Cheese Do You Put On Philly Cheesesteak
Boursin Pasta Cheese Faqs
When it comes to Boursin cheese, I get a lot of questions. So I thought to include a few answers to frequently asked questions.
- Is Boursin a cream cheese? Boursin is a mix of fresh cream and soft cheese flavored with herbs and spices. Basically, it is herb-seasoned French cream cheese.
- What can I use Boursin cheese for? Creamy, yet crumbly, this Gournay cheese can be used to spread on crackers or crostini, mixed into a dip or added to your next meal. Sometimes, I enjoy it right off the spoon!
- Does Boursin cheese melt well? Yes! Its soft texture means that it melts easily, making it a versatile addition to many hot recipes.
- Where is Boursin cheese in the grocery store? Look for it in the deli section of grocery stores.
What To Serve With Skillet Boursin Chicken
The awesome truth is that you can pair skillet chicken with Boursin sauce with just about any of your favorite side dishes! Try some of these favorites:
Recommended Reading: What Pizza Places Have Cheese Stuffed Crust
How To Make // The Steps
This simple pasta with boursin cheese is prepared on the stovetop in a few easy steps. Simply:
Dinner on the table in 15 minutes.