Grilled Brie Cheese With Fruit Sandwich
- 4 slices multi-grain & seed bread
- 2 TBS of butter at room temperature
- 16 thin slices of brie cheese
- 8 thin slices of peaches or 12 slices of large strawberries*
*If you dont have or want fresh fruit, use an apricot marmalade or blackberry jam.
Total time: 8 minPrep time: 5 min Cook time: 3 min Serves: 2 people
1. Preheat your Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes. Use the medium-high setting if your grill has that option.
2. Butter one face of all 4 slices of bread. Turn 2 slices of bread over so that the unbuttered side faces up. Place 1/2 the cheese on these slices of bread. Place the fruit or spoonfuls of fruit spread on top of the cheese. Add the remaining brie to the sandwiches and top with the other piece of bread with the buttered side facing up.
3. Place the assembled sandwiches on the grill and close the lid. Cook for up to 3 minutes until golden brown with light grill marks and the cheese has melted.
4. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with a mustard dipping sauce and cornichon pickles on the side.
Rules For A Perfect Grilled Cheese Every Time
There are two types of grilled cheeses in this world. First, theres the kind you make when you come home at 3 A.M. after a bit too much to drink, when all rules fly out the window and pretty much anything tastes deliciousincluding burnt bread surrounding unmelted cheese.
And then theres the grilled cheese you should be making at all other times: perfectly golden-brown bread, melty cheese, supreme satisfaction. To get this sort of sandwich, the rules are strict but justified. Because when it comes to something so simple, there’s not a ton of wiggle room between perfect sandwich creation and sub-par, time-of-desperation snack.
This is where we come in. Look no further for the rules of perfect grilled cheese.
Two things can happen if you rush the grilled-cheese-making process. In one scenario, you quite literally take the sandwich off the of the pan before the bread reaches a deep golden-brown. You may be hungry and tired, but accept that it takes a bit of time to get optimally toasted bread. Were also not that sorry, because it doesnt take too much time .
But more often, you toast the bread before the cheese melts. This happens when your heat is too high and your pan is too hot: Before the inside gets gooey, the outside blackens.
Heres the right way to do it: Start in a cold pan . This allows for the pan to heat up slowly, ensuring that the heat is evenly distributed as the cheese gently but surely melts and the bread develops the ideal crunch and color.
Why Does My Grilled Cheese Get Soggy
Start with quality ingredients Anything less than 1 will make a flimsy, soggy grilled cheese and anything too thick will not allow the cheese to melt properly. Thick-cut classic white bread that you find in the super market can work, but avoid Wonder Bread or similarly squishy bread.
You May Like: Which Cheese Is Keto Friendly
How Do You Keep A Grilled Cheese Sandwich From Getting Soggy
Cook 4 grilled cheese sandwiches using your favorite cheese and bread. Make sure sandwiches have completely cooled to room temp before packing it in your lunchbox. This will help lesson the condensation build up that will make your sandwich soggy.
How Long Should You Cook Grilled Cheese
We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Grilled cheese sandwiches are delicious on their own, and they are an excellent complement to soups. Although making grilled cheese is a simple process that only takes minimal ingredients, mastering the perfect grilled cheese can be a bit tricky. The first question that probably comes to mind is, how long should you cook grilled cheese? Weve researched the grilling methods to get an answer.
For the best results, allow grilled cheese to cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat. This time allows for the bread to become evenly browned and for the cheese to thoroughly melt.
Knowing how long to cook grilled cheese is the first step in ensuring the best results. Now, well look at the steps needed to prepare grilled cheese sandwiches and how to know when grilled cheese is ready to eat. Keep reading to find out this and the answers to more questions.
Don’t Miss: Does Taco Bell Have Cheese Fries
Best Grilled Cheese Recipe
When done correctly, a classic grilled cheese sandwich has the perfect contrast between crunchy bread exterior and creamy melted cheese filling. Its one of those fast and easy meals to serve picky eaters. But when paired with a big bowl of tomato soup, its the ultimate adult comfort food.
To satisfy our immediate cravings, the misconception is to crank up the heat and get the cheese melted fast! However, its quite the opposite. To make sure the bread gets evenly toasted and the middle completely gooey, patience and low heat is the answer. Melted butter also helps with crispness, but not too much otherwise youll get greasy results. Ready to go over the science behind making this well-loved sandwich at home?
The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Nothing is more comforting than a hot, melty grilled cheese sandwich. Grilled cheese and tomato soup are a combo made in heaven. Its the perfect easy lunch recipe and great for even the pickiest of eaters.
The best grilled cheese always starts with a sturdy bread, lots of cheese and a smear of butter mayonnaise on the outside!
You May Like: Who Made Chuck E Cheese
Grilled Cheese Filling Ideas
- Fig Jam and Cheese: A combination of cheddar, muenster, and Colby Jack pair perfectly with the sweet fig jam.
- Pesto Grilled Cheese: Spread a layer of basil pesto on the insides of the slices of bread and fill with mozzarella and sundried tomatoes.
- French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese: Caramelized onions and gruyere cheese melted between toasted bread create a sandwich reminiscent of the classic soup.
- Roasted Artichoke Grilled Cheese: Add creamy and crunchy texture to your grilled cheese with roasted artichoke hearts.
- Bacon and Avocado: Layer the cheese with slices of crispy cooked bacon and creamy avocado.
Sowhat Is The Best Griddle Temp For Grilled Cheese
The math has been calculated, and the results are in. For the perfect grilled cheese sandwich, you should set your electric griddle to 275 degrees – Fahrenheit, that is. If you have an electric griddle, it should be really easy to adjust the temperature to the way you want it. Otherwise, you can use a saute pan and keep it at a low-to-medium heat for the best effect. Make sure not to turn it up high, or youll burn your precious bread!
Now, how exactly do you make the perfect grilled cheese?
Heres a recipe that will knock your socks off:
Read Also: How Do You Make A Roux For Mac And Cheese
How To Make 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches At Once
Everyone knows that grilled cheese sandwiches are created in a skillet — with lots of butter and lots of love. But when you’ve got more than a couple people to feed, and if you all want to eat together, making grilled cheese the traditional way gets to be a little tricky . That’s when you’ve got to think outside the skillet and start entertaining new possibilities, like the oven.
When you need to make more than just a couple grilled cheese sandwiches, you bake them — like a cupcake, in the oven. It works like magic, promise. Here’s how it’s done:
- Preheat the oven with two baking sheets inside. Heating the baking sheets is like heating the skillet, it’ll make sure that the outside of the sandwich is nicely browned.
Cooks Country came up with this genius idea, but we found it on Life Hacker. Either way, you should try it next time you’re having guests over for a meal. It’s an awesome excuse to make grilled cheeses.
Want to read more from HuffPost Taste? Follow us on , , and .
Get the Arugula And Ham Grilled Cheese recipe from sixteenbeans.Get the Spinach And Artichoke Grilled Cheese recipe from Annie’s EatsGet the Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich recipe from Honeysuckle Life
Grilled Cheese In The Oven
I have to confess that fall is not one of my favorite seasons. Despite having grown up in Ohio, I am just NOT a cold weather girl. My fingers and toes are perpetually like ice, and the gray sky days totally make me want to hibernate in my nice, warm bed until spring rolls around.
On the other hand, I do love me some fall comfort food! Soups and chilis reign, and this early on, all of our old favorites feel new again even the classic tomato basil soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. This pairing is in heavy rotation because theyre both quick and easy to prepare, with special thanks to this trick I learned for making grilled cheese in the oven
Oh yes, if you were in the dark on this technique , you are in for SUCH a treat! This has been a huge lifesaver for my larger than average family. Previously, Id have two pans going on the stovetop, along with the panini press, just to make sure everyone got a hot and fresh grilled cheese sandwich with their bowl of soup.
Surely theres a better way to make grilled cheese for a crowd, right? Im not sure if I googled for a solution or searched Pinterest, but when I stumbled on the sheet pan grilled cheese in the oven method, I couldnt believe how EASY it was This simple method makes six classic grilled cheese sandwiches per half sheet pan, hot and fresh from the oven, in just about 10 minutes.IM SOLD!!!
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER! .WHILE YOURE AT IT, LETS BE FRIENDS! FOLLOW ME ON FOR MORE EASY RECIPE IDEAS.
Read Also: Where To Buy Cheese Nips
Oven Grilled Cheese Ingredients
- Bread For a classic grilled option, choose a super fresh sandwich bread, or our favorite homemade Artisan Bread. Any bread will work, experiment to find your favorite!
- Cheese You can choose any cheese youd like, but try American cheese, cheddar, gouda or gruyere.
- Butter softened for spreading. I prefer salted butter for our grilled cheese sandwiches.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe
Instructions Heat your grill to low heat. Wrap one slice of bacon around each hot dog. Use 2 toothpicks per hot dog to secure them on the ends. Grill the hot dogs on low heat for several minutes, turning every couple minutes to cook all the bacon.
Place the stuffed hot dogs on the grill, stuffing side down. Grill for 2 minutes, until the bacon on that side is cooked, turn the hot dogs a quarter turn and grill for a couple more minutes. Continue to grill for a few minutes each on all sides until the bacon is cooked. Cover the grill in between turnings to help with the cooking.
You May Like: Where To Buy Polly O String Cheese
Who Makes The Best Baked Cheese
Melted bar and grill. Cleveland, Ohio. grilled cheese. Portland, Oregon. American cuisine with grilled cheese. San Francisco, California. pages. Atlanta, Georgia. Clementine Los Angeles, California. HopCat. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Cheesie and Grub Pub. Chicago, Illinois. Grilled cheeserie. Nashville, Tennessee.
More Ways To Cook Halloumi
Although grilled slices of halloumi is a popular way to cook it, the cheese also can be cut into cubes and heated in a pot of soup. You might want to try it threaded onto skewers and grilled with vegetables or sauté the cubes with oil and garlic or vegetables as well.
There are a number of recipes available that can serve as inspiration for even more ways to enjoy halloumi. For instance, you can grill or pan-fry halloumi with sautéed kale for an impressive appetizer.
Halloumi burgers are a nice vegetarian alternative and delicious with a smokey tomato jam and avocado crema. If that’s not cheesy enough, try a sweet and spicy halloumi sandwich with roasted squash, raspberry harissa jam, and a brussel sprout slaw. You can even add warm halloumi to a green bean and potato salad, a recipe that’s a British favorite in the summer.
You May Like: How To Make Goat Cheese
The Best Tip For A Perfect Grilled Cheese
My friends, this is a must. I make grilled cheese without butter! Swap out the butter on the outside of the sandwich for mayonnaise. Cook mayonnaise side down in the pan.
Your grilled cheese will come out perfectly golden with a crust that doesnt get soggy and is not greasy!
If the pan is too hot, the cheese wont melt before the outside is cooked. If you notice the cheese taking awhile, cover it with a lid. The steam will help melt the cheese so it cooks evenly!
How To Cook An Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
Making an air fryer grilled cheese is even easier than making it on the stovetop!
All you need to do is to add the cheese to one slice of bread then put the other slice on top.
Butter both sides of the sandwich and put it in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer at 370F degrees for 4 minutes and press start.
When the timer goes off, flip it and put it in for 3 more minutes at 370F degrees.
After that, remove the grilled cheese from the air fryer, slice it and serve it immediately.
You May Like: Where To Buy Cooper Cheese
Grilled Cheddar Cheese With Bacon Sandwich
- 6 slices of pork bacon
- 4 slices rye sandwich bread
- 8 thin slices of cheddar cheese
- Some of the bacon drippings
Total time: 20 minPrep time: 10 min Cook time: 10 min Serves: 2 people
1. Preheat your grill to high for 5 minutes with the top closed. Make sure the drip tray is in place. Have paper towels ready for the cooked bacon.
2. Place the bacon slices in a single layer on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 7 minutes. Check the bacon and continue to grill if necessary until it is crisp. Remove the cooked bacon to the paper towels.
3. Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 2 slices of bread. Break the bacon in half and place 6 halves on each sandwich. Place 2 more slices of cheese on top of the bacon. Add the second slice of bread.
4. Brush a bit of the bacon drippings on the tops of the sandwiches. Place the assembled sandwiches on the grill with the greased face on the bottom grill plate. Brush the top of the sandwiches with a little more bacon fat. Close the lid. Cook for up to 3 minutes until golden brown with light grill marks and the cheese has melted.
5. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with hot tomato soup that you can dunk the sandwiches in.
The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Dont worry, this recipe will not only guarantee a perfect sandwich, but it will guarantee an easy and simple set of instructions as well. You dont need to have any technical chef training to master this dish. The power is truly in your hands!
Heres what youll need:
- Your two favorite slices of bread in the whole world
- Real butter, melted at room temperature
- Mild or medium cheddar cheese – although American works as a substitute
Heres how to make it:
1. Start off by spreading a good amount of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Make sure to cover the whole side with butter, so that it will cook evenly across the surface. Having a decently thick coat of butter will give your bread a nice crunchy, fried texture. It will also prevent your bread from burning or becoming too dry.
2. Once your slices are buttered, flip them over to the non-buttered side. Add several slices of your favorite cheese to the top of the bread. The slices should be between and ¼ thick for the perfect consistency. Its okay to layer the cheese a little bit though – that just makes eating it all the more satisfying!
After each side of the bread is golden crisp, and the cheese in the middle has melted so much that it oozes out of the sides, your beautiful sandwich creation is complete! Now the last part of the instructions is very important: Enjoy!
How Long Do You Cook Grilled Cheese On Both Sides
For bread thats browned just right and cheese thats super gooey, cook grilled cheese for a total of approximately 4 minutes on each side. Allow one side of the sandwich to cook for 2 minutes, then flip. The bread will only be slightly browned at this point. Cook the other side for an additional 2 minutes, flip and repeat for a total cook time of about 10-15 minutes.
There are also various grilled cheese appliances on the market, like panini presses, sandwich makers, and sandwich toasters, allowing you to customize the toasting settings to take the guesswork out of cooking time.