New Dairy Free Vegan Cheese From Go Veggie Featured In Recipes By Celebrity Chefs At La Event
LOS ANGELES, CA– – Sisters Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg, celebrity vegan chefs, founders of the popular West Coast-based Spork Foods cooking school and authors of Spork-Fed, featured Galaxy Nutritional Foods’ new GO Veggie! Dairy Free vegan cheese products at an event at their cooking school located in West Hollywood on January 23, 2013, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. PST.
The event was held to launch Galaxy’s new GO Veggie! brand, specifically its line of delicious dairy free vegan cheese available in shreds and cream cheese in a variety of flavors. GO Veggie! will soon be adding dairy free vegan slices and a parmesan grated topping to its list of offerings. The new 100% dairy free, vegan GO Veggie! shreds and cream cheese are now in grocery stores nationwide and can be found in the produce section clearly marked in the purple package.
“About 50 million Americans suffer from lactose intolerance, about 1 in 13 children in the U.S. have at least one food allergy and more and more people are choosing to live a vegan lifestyle,” said Jamie Schapiro, Marketing Director, Galaxy Nutritional Foods. “These individuals either want to reduce or completely eliminate dairy from their diets but don’t want to give up the cheesy foods they love. GO Veggie! will allow them to enjoy their favorite cheesy foods.”
Caprese Style Grilled Cheese
Directions:Slice tomato 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and dash sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
Go Veggie Rice Lactose Free Shreds Cheese Alternative Mozzarella Cheese Flavor 8 Oz
- Mouthwatering melt like nothing you’ve ever tasted
- Lactose Free, Rice with Mozzarella Shreds
- Melt them over nachos, stir ’em into creamy mac and cheese, or add them to a baked potato
- Just 70 calories per serving
- Soy free, lactose, cholesterol, gluten and trans-fat free cheese alternative shreds
What Is Go Veggie Cheese Alternative
Go Veggie comes in several varieties of individually wrapped cheese slices, shredded cheeses, cheese bar snacks, cream cheese, spread and dip minis, and grated parmesan cheese toppings.
All of these products come in either vegan or lactose-free varieties, and some come in soy & lactose free varieties as well.
Read Also: Can You Put Sour Cream In Mac And Cheese
Kite Hill Artisan Vegan Cheese
If youre in the mood for Italian, Kite Hill is the place to look for rich ricotta, creamy nondairy spreads. In an effort to make vegan cheese that actually tastes good, celebrity chef Tal Ronnen, cheesemaker Monte Casino and Stanford biochemist Dr. Pat Brown joined forces to create a plant-based cheese that could beat a tasty traditional dairy cheese. Whats their secret? High-end almonds!
Going vegan doesnt have to be difficult. Heres a seven-day vegan meal plan to get you started.
Should You Buy Go Veggie Cheese Alternative
In some instances, Go Veggie can be a boon to anyone who loves cheese but cannot eat it due to dietary restrictions or food allergies. Many varieties are a reasonable facsimile to the real thing while no brand of cheese alternative is going to fool your senses, the general consensus is that Go Veggie often comes the closest to pretending to be actual dairy cheese.
At the same time, if you dont heed to eliminate dairy cheese from your diet because of a dietary or allergy reason, substituting Go Veggie for traditional dairy cheese is likely to leave you feeling let down at best or disgusted at worst and thats with Go Veggie being one of the better products out there.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Have To Be Refrigerated
Go Veggie Cheese Alternative Ingredients
There are three core types of Go Veggie products, all of which have a different set of ingredients.
- Go Veggie Lactose Free products contain a milk protein called casein, sourced from skim milk. Rich in calcium, this line is cholesterol free and has 0g of trans fat per serving. This product is ideal for anyone who suffers from lactose intolerance or who wants to reduce the amount of lactose in their diets for other health reasons.
- Go Veggie Lactose & Soy Free products are similar to Lactose Free but are additionally made without the use of soy, an ingredient that is often used in dairy product alternatives. Lactose & Soy Free products are ideal for anyone who wants to avoid lactose but have soy allergies.
- Go Veggie Vegan products are made without any milk products whatsoever and feature exclusively vegan ingredients, instead containing soy and coconut. These products are perfect for anyone who wants to live a vegan lifestyle or individuals who want to cut dairy out of their diet completely.
Additionally, Go Veggie products have 50% less fat than traditional cheeses , contain 6g of protein per serving, have 50% more calcium and vitamin D per serving , and have no cholesterol or saturated fat.
Go Veggie Cheese Alternative Features: How Does It Work
Go Veggie makes it easier for individuals with food allergies or who wish to live healthier lifestyles to still enjoy the taste of cheese without risking complications from consuming dairy products. These cheese alternatives are created from non-dairy ingredients such as soy and coconut, and feature lactose-free dairy ingredients like casein, a skim milk protein.
You May Like: How Long Does Babybel Cheese Last
So Next Time Youre At The Grocery Store Pick Up One Of These Vegan Cheese Brands Instead:
- Shredded Cheese: Cheddar Finely Shredded, Mozzarella Finely Shredded, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Italian Blend, and Fiesta Blend
- Cheese Slices: Smoked Gouda, American, Provolone, Pepper Jack, Medium Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Garden Herb
- Specialty Cheese: Parmesan Shredded, Parmesan Grated, and Feta Crumbles
- Cheese Blocks: Mozzarella and Mozzarella Made With Organic Soy
- Cultured Vegan Cheese: Plant Milk Cheddar Sticks, Cheddar Cheese Shreds, Cheddar Cheese Slices, Cheddar Cheese Block, Pepper Jack Block, Pepper Jack Slices, and Pepper Jack Shreds
- Mozzarella: Cashew Milk Mozzarella and Cashew Milk Mozzarella Smoked
- Cheese Wheels: Double Cream Classic Chive, Double Cream Sundried Tomato Garlic, Double Cream Garlic Herb, Aged Sharp English Farmhouse, Aged Smoked English Farmhouse, Aged Herbes de Provence, Fresh French Style Winter Truffle, and Aged Black Ash
- Cream Cheese: Cinnamon Raisin, Everything, Classic Plain, Savory Scallion, and Fish-Free Lox
- Roadhouse Cheddar: Spicy Chili, Straight Up Sharp, and Garlic Chive
Holiday Guide Fearless Flyer
We’ve got just the thing to help you feel comfy-cozy and Trader Joe’s-y all season long. Inside this fearlessly festive Holiday Guide, you’ll find marvelously meltable Hot Cocoa Ornaments, and charmingly cheesy Brie En Croûte. Returning classics like Jingle Jangle can be seen snuggled up alongside new favorites like Peppermint Brownies, plus seasonal selections fit for a holiday feat, like our Porcini Boneless Beef Loin Roast! It’s lovely weather for a TJ’s run together, don’t you think?
Also Check: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Go Veggie Cheese Alternative Reviews: What Do Customers Have To Say
Go Veggie products are a mixed bag. Many consumers say theyre great for anyone with food allergies, but quite a few have also complained about the texture and smell in comparison to dairy cheese.
- Excellent For Food Allergies For anyone whos lactose intolerant or suffers from food allergies, Go Veggie products are an excellent alternative when compared to other cheese alternatives.
- Melts Well Many cheese alternatives do not melt the same way that dairy cheese does, but Go Veggie products tend to melt in a manner that closer resembles dairy cheese. This makes the product good for recipes that call for melted cheese.
- An Acquired Taste Like all cheese alternative foods, Go Veggie is certainly an acquired taste. Many individuals who tried it have claimed that they simply could not get used to the flavor.
- Particularly Odiferous Some Go Veggie Cheese Alternative products can be quite fragrant, and not in a positive way. The shredded cheese products seem to be the biggest culprit, with many complaints being lodged against it for its rather unappetizing smell.
- Increased Cost Go Veggie, like any other cheese alternative food, tends to be higher priced than the real thing. However, when compared to other lactose-free or vegan cheeses, the cost is roughly comparable.
It’s Truethe Slices Of Vegan Cheese Can Be As Good As The Dairy Stuff In Fact Vegan Cheese Is Now Its Very Own Artisanal Food Category Here Are The Brands We Recommend
What is vegan cheese made of? Its an assortment of plant-based ingredients. Youll find that most vegan cheese brands are made from things like cashews, tapioca, coconut, tofu, almonds, soy and nutritional yeast.
Heres the deal-breaker question: Does vegan cheese taste like regular cheese? In my experience, yes! And when it melts, it has a perfectly gooey consistency that most traditional cheeses cant touch.
Don’t Miss: Homemade Mac N Cheese With Sour Cream
Three Girls Vegan Creamery
Three Girls Vegan Creamery is an Italian, plant-based eatery in Guilford, Connecticut. Every day the girls are serving up cheesy homemade Italian classics, from gluten-free lasagna to vegan Mac and Cheese Balls. Luckily, you dont need to go to Connecticut to try their food. Three Girls offers shipping throughout the U.S., so you can enjoy their cannoli dip, almond ricotta and dairy-free cream cheese whenever youd like.
What Happens If Go Veggie Cheese Food Alternative Pasteurized Process Cheddar Style Singles Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
You May Like: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Read Also: Does Laughing Cow Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Top Reviews From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Who Makes Go Veggie Cheese Alternative
Go Veggie is a product of Galaxy Nutritional Foods, a pioneer of cheese alternative food products for 40 years. Under the Go Veggie brand name, Galaxy Nutritional offers 55 products throughout the United States and Canada including shreds, slices, blocks, grated topping and cream cheese in a range of flavors.
Based in North Kingstown, Rhode Island and owned by a private equity firm, Galaxy Nutritional is dedicated to providing healthier, dairy-free, and tasty alternatives to traditional dairy products like cheese. The companys current CEO is Brian OFarrell, who has also served as Galaxy Nutritionals Chief Financial Officer since 2009.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Brick Cheese
Go Veggie Cheese Alternative Pricing
Go Veggie products are priced slightly higher than traditional cheese products a 6.7-ounce package of individually-wrapped cheese slices retails for around $3.99, at an equivalent of $0.60 an ounce. These products are available in many supermarkets and grocery stores.
Some products are available in bulk from online retailers like Amazon. A 2-pack of grated parmesan-style topping is $10.75 for two 40-unce containers, while a 12-pack of 7-ounce lactose-free shredded cheese is $68.77.
The Facts On Go Veggie Vegan Cheese Slices
Certifications: We did not note any certifications on Go Veggie Vegan Cheese Singles.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Go Veggie Vegan Cheese Singles are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Nonetheless, check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Go Veggie! website at www.goveggiefoods.com.
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Brick Cheese
Where To Find
- Can I buy GO VEGGIE products directly from you?
No, GO VEGGIE products are available to the public at grocery stores and natural foods stores throughout the U.S.
- Can I buy GO VEGGIE products online?
No, not at this time.
- I saw some GO VEGGIE products on your site that my local store does not carry. What should I do?
GO VEGGIE products are found in Grocery and Natural Foods Stores in the produce or dairy sections nationwide. If you would like to see a particular GO VEGGIE product carried by your local store, we suggest you contact the produce manager in that store and ask them to consider selling the product you are interested in. In some cases, stores will special order items they do not typically carry for customers.
- Where can I find coupons or special offers for GO VEGGIE products?
Please visit the Coupons section of our website for offers on all of our delicious cheese alternatives!
- Where can I find GO VEGGIE products?
GO VEGGIE products are found in Grocery and Natural Foods Stores in the produce or dairy sections nationwide.
- Where can I find the manufacturer information on the package?
All products made by Galaxy Nutritional Foods will have our company and contact information noted in the distribution statement beneath the ingredient statement