Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Ingredients
- Cream cheese: Preferably use regular cream cheese for more creaminess.
- Mayonnaise: Use a good quality mayo and for best flavor and richness use full fat mayo.
- Sour cream: I prefer a natural sour cream here and in all other recipes. Theres no need for all the extra additives some of them have.
- Hot sauce: Recipe was made using Franks Red Hot Original, though you could try another brand such as Texas Pete.
- Baking soda: After trying several versions of buffalo chicken dip I realized they were all too acidic for my liking. The solution just a little baking soda to neutralize some of that. It also makes the dip slightly fluffy which I think youll also enjoy.
- Garlic: A little of this raw goes a long way, and here it adds a hint of fresh delicious flavor.
- Cooked chicken: I recommend cooked rotisserie chicken, though other leftover cooked chicken will work . You can use shredded or chopped small.
- Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese: You dont have to use both, you could just use one or the other.
- Parsley and green onions: These mimic the flavors of ranch seasoning giving the dip a little extra flare.
Freezing Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sure! You can freeze leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sealed container. When you want to reheat it, just remove from the freezer and allow to thaw then add to the microwave to reheat or into an oven safe dish.
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is our #1 Recipe here on All Things Mamma with over 390,000 shares! Its always a hit! If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, youll LOVE this easy dip recipe!
For more recipes like this, try these next:
Did You Make This Recipe
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on
Did you make this recipe? Id love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on .
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and dont forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
You May Like: What Is In Kraft American Cheese
How Long Can You Leave Out A Party Dip
Whenever you serve a dip for your guests to enjoy, you should always keep track of how long it sits at room temperature.
For most foods, the general rule of thumb is that a perishable item should not be in the danger zone for more than two hours. And by danger zone, this is usually at or just above room temperature.
Since this dip will be served warm, that should give you another 30-60 minutes before needing to keep track of the dip. So, in total, this dip can be left out for an absolute maximum of three hours, depending on the temperature of the room. However, be sure to still check the dip every now and then and use your best judgment.
Once you pass the recommended time, you can heat it up in the oven again or you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer as directed above.
For best results, Id recommend using a warming tray so that the buffalo ranch chicken dip stays warm and above the danger zone temperature.
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip has to be one of the most popular game day snacks, and for good reason!
Its all the delicious flavor of spicy Buffalo wings, except its so much easier to eat. That makes it the perfect contender for your next tailgate, or really anytime you want to serve easy and delicious party food.
Its creamy, perfectly spicy, cheesy, and just the best. Everyone will love this dip recipe!
Ive partnered up with BUBBLR to bring you this delicious appetizer. I love serving it with an ice cold can of their passion fruit wondr flavor!You can find out where to buy BUBBLR here.
Recommended Reading: Do They Serve Beer At Chuck E Cheese
Whats The Best Hot Sauce For This Dip
The type of hot sauce used to make buffalo chicken dip can make all the difference! Test out your favorite. Franks hot sauce is whats used in most recipes. However, I find Franks to be way too bold in this dip, and cutting it back made the dip a pale orange color. If I must use Franks I prefer to use their Buffalo wing sauce to make this dip. It tends to be a bit milder with more levels of flavor. However, my FAVORITEhot sauce to use in this dip is Cholula hot sauce. It has the perfect amount of heat without a strong vinegar base.
Chicken Wing Dip Dippers
You really can’t go wrong when it comes to scooping up the creamy, cheesy deliciousness of this chicken wing dip recipe. That being said, some of our favorite dippers include the following:
- Celery sticks.C’mon…this is a natural choice.
- Toasted baguette slices. One of my favorite options, since you can hold a whole lotta dip on a slice of baguette! You can even spread the dip across the surface of the bread if you’re lacking a plate to catch your drips. ð
- Crackers. The sturdier, the better. Because you don’t want to lose half of your cracker in the dip, am I right?
- Tortilla chips. I mean, what dip isn’t delectable cradled by a crunchy, salty tortilla chip?
So what’s your favorite thing to munch on during the big game? Are you into burgers, brats, pizza, or chili? Do you rely on your crock pot to feed the masses? Or, like me, do you prefer to enjoy a spread of appetizers and finger foods and dips?
Well, if the latter is the case, you’ll definitely want to whip up this delightfully decadent Chicken Wing Dip. I’m telling you, friends…it’s a guaranteed tailgating touchdown!
Read Also: How Much Protein In Pepper Jack Cheese
Oven Instructions For Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Its one of THE easiest recipes to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below. Then pour into a medium baking dish and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Its then ready to eat!
A great way to keep this warm is to use a crockpot on the counter or to take with you on the go!
If you bake it in a dish, use a thermal carrier to keep your dish warm. I love mine and use it often!
Note: You can also bake for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and its hot and bubbly.
Can I Make This In A Slow Cooker Or Crock Pot
Easily prepare this recipe in your Crockpot. The only difference is that the Crockpot version will lack the brown and bubbly cheese top. You can combine all of the ingredients, cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or on high heat 1 to 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally until the dip is hot and bubbling then keep on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Cheese Sauce For Spaghetti
Buffalo Chicken Dip Slow Cooker Oven And Instant Pot
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has everything you love about buffalo wings, only made into a dip no messy hands!
Provided by Gina
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE – EASY CROCK POT BUFFALO …
- I serve on baguette that has been sliced and toasted. However, it is also tasty on corn chips.
BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN AND CHEESE DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – SPEND WITH PENNIES
FRANK’S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – COPYKAT RECIPES
EASY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – SOUTHERN PLATE
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – CAFE DELITES
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – HUNDREDS OF EASY RECIPES!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – THE CHUNKY CHEF
BUFFALO CHICKEN PINWHEELS – I AM HOMESTEADER
EASY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – SOUTHERN PLATE
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – THE CHUNKY CHEF
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – SLOW COOKER BUFFALO …
CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP – BALANCING MOTHERHOOD
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can take it anywhere you go easily OR keep it warm right in your own kitchen. Perfect!
This has become my go-to dish whenever we have people over, are watching football on the weekend, have a party to go or just when we want a low-carb snack.
YES, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is considered Keto if you dont eat it with crackers or tortilla chips. Just use celery sticks, carrots, or even red peppers! Its sooo good!
Because this Buffalo Dip Recipe has the perfect amount of spice and coolness, its hard to stop! Its just that good!
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Chuck E Cheese Franchise Cost
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Easy Only 3 quick steps and 15 minutes to make, this really couldnt be more simple!
- Adaptable Adjust how spicy it is based on what hot sauce you use, and choose your favorite bread, crackers, chips, or veggies for dipping. It really is the best buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Crowd Pleaser This chicken dip is delicious and creamy, I never have any left over!
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is just a quick list for you to check if you have the ingredients, the actual amounts are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Lots of cheese Monterey Jack, sharp Cheddar, and some crumbly blue cheese
- Any kind of bread French bread would be great, or just some crackers or chips
Read Also: Where To Buy Fondue Cheese
About Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy buffalo chicken dip is always a crowd-pleaser, especially if you and your guests like a little bit of a kick in their appetizers.
This dip gets its namesake from the buffalo wing sauce, and for good reason it has all the heat and flavor from the classic sauce thats earned mass appeal. Its a vinegar-based sauce made with melted butter and spices , and when combined with savory chicken, cheese, and ranch dressing, youve got a combination thats hard to stop eating.
Plus, you dont need to be a heat lover to enjoy this dip. When served with crisp green veggies like celery or cucumbers, the heat is dialed down a tad, making it easier for all guests to enjoy the flavor.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
We entertain a lot well, before March 2020 we entertained a lot hoping this will change back soon because we miss all of our people!
I actually still find myself making this creamy buffalo chicken dip often though. Its restaurant-worthy, way less messy than buffalo wings and everyone loves it.
Not to mention the fact that this cheesy buffalo chicken can be so easily repurposed and made into buffalo chicken stuffed peppers or even several creamy buffalo chicken pasta recipes.
Personally, I like to make buffalo chicken pizza with any leftovers that I still have on the last day before the dip goes bad To make the buffalo chicken pizza, I use homemade pizza dough with my pizza dough in a bread maker LINK https://couponcravings.com/easy-homemade-pizza-dough-dinner-recipe/ recipe, the dry ingredient packages of pizza dough or the premade packaged pizza dough rounds, top with the dip, pile with mozzarella cheese and bake at 425 degrees for 9-11 minutes. That is a winner of a dinner!
On to the directions for making this creamy buffalo chicken dip, as I really dont think that youll have any leftovers
Don’t Miss: What Comes On A Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
This Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip In A Crock Pot Is A Creamy Mix Of Cheese Chicken And Spicy Buffalo Sauce That Is The Perfect Appetizer For Parties
Buffalo Chicken Dip has been a favorite of mine for years, and now that I can make my Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot I cant wait for the next party! Chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and spicy buffalo sauce all go into the Crock Pot and a few hours later you have a creamy, spicy, perfectly dip-able buffalo chicken dip. Its the appetizer version of my favorite crockpot buffalo chicken and it disappears at parties!!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ever since I discovered crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip its been my go-to appetizer for parties, potlucks, and pretty much anytime I can find an excuse to make it. The creamy, cheesy, dip has just the right amount of spice from the buffalo sauce and its perfect for scooping up on a crisp tortilla chip, or a crunchy piece of celery.
Making slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is all about convenience. When youre feeding a bunch of people its great to include some easy recipes that dont require a lot of ingredients and dont take a lot of time to make. My recipe for Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip couldnt be any easier!
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Inside: This creamy buffalo chicken dip is my go-to recipe anytime we have friends over. I always double this recipe because everyone loves it.
With chicken, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese and easy package cream cheese, this simple buffalo chicken dip is an easy hot appetizer to make on the fly as well.
Also Check: Is Cream Cheese On Keto Diet
Helpful Tips To Make It The Best
- Dice or shred the chicken small. This is a dip not an entree.
- Use freshly grated cheeses for best flavor and texture.
- Soften the cream cheese before mixing so it blends easier and isnt chunky.
- Use a little baking soda to cut the acidity of the hot sauce . Without it the dip is too tart and tangy and in my opinion masks all the other flavors.
- Serve warm for best results.
How To Make It
Have I mentioned that this Chicken Wing Dip recipe is easy to whip up? Yep, as easy as mix-and-bake. But allow me to break down the oh-so-complicated steps:
Also Check: How To Season A Grilled Cheese
Why Youll Love This Recipe
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You May Like: Which Cheese Is Best For Toddlers
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Prepare your slow cooker insert by spraying lightly with non-stick spray. Mix the ingredients exactly as in the oven method, holding the same amount of shredded cheese for the topping of the dip. Pour into the slow cooker insert and top with the remaining shredded cheese and bleu cheese crumbles. Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn on the low or warm setting for up to 4 hours. You can also cook your chicken in the slow cooker, draining any liquid in the insert after chicken is cooked. Shred the cooked chicken with two forks then proceed with the rest of the mixture as directed! So easy and delicious!