How To Make Baked Keto Cheese Chips
Lets talk about how to make cheese chips, its so easy!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Take your block of cheddar cheese and shred it using a box grater.
Step 3: Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Step 4: Using a measuring spoon, add a ½ tablespoon of the shredded cheddar cheese to the baking tray. Lightly pat down the circle with your fingers or the palm of your hand.
Step 5: Repeat 11 more times, leaving a space in between each circle. Keep in mind, my tray fits 12 but yours might fit less. Dont overcrowd them.
Step 6: Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up.
Step 7: Let the crisps cool down, then remove them from the tray. Place on paper towels to soak up any excess grease from the cheese.
Serve As An Appetizer At Your Next Gathering
These keto chips are perfectly crisp, making them the perfect finger food at your next social gathering. Serve them with your favorite low-carb dip or spread, and if youre hurting for ideas, here are a few:
- Guacamole: These cheddar chips pair perfectly with everyones favorite Mexican appetizer. Try this chunky keto guacamole recipe at your next fiesta.
- Buffalo dip: If youre a big fan of cheese, youre going to love this combo. Try dipping your cheese chips into this spicy buffalo chicken dip, made with shredded chicken, hot sauce, and cream cheese.
- Salsa: Who needs tortilla chips when you can enjoy these low-carb alternatives instead? Pair with your favorite store-bought salsa, or try this keto-friendly recipe to make your own.
- Crab dip: These keto chips work well with virtually any of your favorite dips. If youre looking for a new recipe to try, whip up this coastal crab dip recipe for your next cocktail hour.
- Nachos: You can easily swap out corn chips for these keto chips for extra cheesy nachos. Follow this recipe to the letter, except use keto chips instead of pork rinds. Sprinkle a little taco seasoning on top, then garnish with onions, guacamole, and sour cream.
Recipes For Keto Chips Perfect For Cravings
Is there better than a crunchy chip, perfect for snacking? You dont need carbs to enjoy a delicious crunch, this list of 31 Recipes for Keto Chips will guarantee your snack satisfaction from morning till night.
On this list, Ive included nine different recipes for the ever-popular kale chips, including recipes for dehydrators as well as ovens.
But Ive also featured some inventive ketogenic chip recipes for low carb tortillas, pepperoni chips, even mushroom and Brussels sprouts chips!
Check out these tortilla chips to get you started on your low carb crunch kick:
Recommended Reading: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Dominos Sauce
What Type Of Cheese Is Best To Use
We used a blend of cheeses youre welcome to switch it up and use your favorite flavors.
When shopping for cheeses, we recommend buying 100% real cheese blocks and shredding yourself.
While you can use pre-shredded cheese for convenience, always be sure to read the package labels. Some pre-packaged shredded cheeses contain fillers and added carbs.
Ingredients In Keto Chese Chips
Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Shred your own from block cheese to avoid any additives that might be in bagged cheese. Shredded parmesan also makes delicious cheese chips.
Cayenne Pepper – These photos show me using cayenne to flavor the cheese chips to give them a nacho flavor, but you can use any type of seasoning you like to season your low carb chips.
If you have any questions about Keto Cheese Chips, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you
You May Like: Spreadable Cheese Wedges
How Do I Know When Cheese Chips Are Done
The trick to making perfect keto cheese chips is to pull them from the oven just before they start to burn. If you don’t cook them long enough, they won’t be crispy, they’ll just be melted cheese.
If you cook them too long, they’ll blacken and won’t be tasty.
Watch your keto cheese chips while they are baking. After 5 minutes, start checking on them every minute or two.
They will be golden brown on the edges when ready.
Variations To Keto Chips
These chips are perfect the way they are, but there are ways to change up the taste for different flavors.
- Cheddar Cheese: Change the mozzarella cheese for the cheddar cheese.
- Add heat: You can add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to these chips.
- Seasoned Salt: Top these chips with seasoned salt to create a twist on the flavor.
Read Also: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Oven Baked Keto Cheese Chips
Quick and easy way to make those Oven-baked Keto Cheese Chips from cheese slices and some additional condiments. Use your own imagination to make them every day different.
It only takes few minutes and your own quick Keto Cheese Chips are done.
Would you believe, this is the easiest way to make homemade Keto Cheese Chips?
My Favorite Everything Bagel Chips
Have you ever tried the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning? Its incredibly addicting. Its full of seasonings and salt and tastes amazing on so many things. Ive been known to sprinkle a bit on some slices of avocado or on my eggs in the morning.
When you sprinkle this seasoning on these chips, it turns them into one of your favorite varieties of crispy chips youve ever had!
Don’t Miss: How Long Does Babybel Cheese Last Unrefrigerated
Skillet Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps
These little bites of heaven are SO simple to make, and really quick too! My favorite way to make them is on a skillet. Heres how to do it:
Customize Your Keto Cheese Crisps
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors and seasonings! We used Everything Bagel seasoning here, but you can make them spicy with a touch of chili powder, or any flavoring you like.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the three cheeses until well combined. If using seasoning, add half of it at this point.
- Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture on your baking sheet. Use a teaspoon for smaller, crispier chips or a Tablespoon for larger chips. Leave about 1 1/2″ between your scoops.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, until you’ve achieved your desired crispiness.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining seasoning.
Read Also: Is Babybel Cheese Pasteurized
What Are Parmesan Crisps
Youve probably heard of baked parmesan crisps before. They are basically low carb cheese chips made just with parmesan cheese.
Yes, when you cook little heaps of parmesan in the oven, they turn into these amazing, crispy cheese chips! I have no idea who originally came up with the basic recipe for parmesan crisps, but the idea is genius.
In recent years, keto cheese chips have even become commercially available. This is great as a grab-and-go option, but so far they seem pretty expensive.
Now, its up to you to decide if thats worth it or not. Theres something to be said for convenience, for sure.
But when its so eays to make your own keto cheese chips, why not give it a try? Ill show you how to make parmesan crisps even better
Cheddar Cheese Chips Vs Parmesan Crisps
The most common types of cheeses used to make cheese chips are cheddar and parmesan. Im pretty sure that it would actually work with any hard cheese, as long as its low in moisture.
These two main varieties do yield slightly different cheese chips. Low carb parmesan crisps are more light and definitely the crispiest. They are probably the most foolproof cheese to make low carb cheese chips with, because they basically always come out crispy.
Parmesan chips also come out saltier, even without adding any additional salt. This isnt too surprising, since parmesan is naturally very salty to begin with.
Cheddar cheese chips are just slightly more challenging, because you have to get the timing just right. If you dont cook them enough, they will be soft and pliable. Theyll still have a yummy cheddar flavor, but will not be crispy like chips.
On the other hand, if you cook cheddar cheese chips for too long, they will burn easily. Its just a little more difficult to make the cheddar ones crisp without burning them.
So which is better? Personally, my favorite kind of keto cheese chips are a combination of cheddar and parmesan together! You get the flavors of both and they are easier to make perfectly crispy.
Also Check: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Ways To Use Low Carb Keto Cheese Chips
There are lots of ways to use baked cheese chips. You can do almost anything with them that you would do with regular chips!
Along with low carb tortilla chips and zucchini chips, these parmesan cheddar crisps are the solution for all the dipping, all the topping, and all the crunchy, salty snacking youve been missing. Youre going to love them. Theyre awesome for everything from spinach artichoke dip to crab dip to salsa almost just as much as munching on them all on their own.
Another perfect use for cheese crisps is crumbling them into salads. Seriously, if you havent tried a salad with parmesan crisps, youre missing out! Since they are super crunchy, they make the perfect stand-in for croutons.
What I Used For My Cheese Chips
This post contains affiliate links.
Sometimes I make these for a party, but sometimes its just for me. The best part about this recipe is its easy to make as many or as few as you need with no changing of measurements and cook times!
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Keto Cheese Crisps Recipe In 5 Minutes
| Updated on 2021-07-09
Keto Cheese Crisps can be made in 5 minutes for a perfect chips substitution, to layer with delicious dips or to simply eat on their own. Slightly addicting, you cannot go wrong taking the little time to make some homemade cheese crisps.
SEARCH THE RECIPE
Why Are My Chips Soft
Your low carb chips have become soft because you didnt bake them long enough! I know it can be a little daunting when you see the edges start to go golden brown and you want to remove them straight away, but be patient- these arent chips made out of pita bread!
Another reason why your chips arent super crispy is that you didnt flatten them out thin enough. You want them to be 1/6 of an inch, at minimum.
Don’t Miss: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Best Tips For Making Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- If you are grating the cheese by hand, make sure that it is cold. Warm cheese is much harder to grate.
- Always use a silicone mat or parchment paper to keep the cheese from sticking to your baking sheet.
- The cheese crisps can become greasy during the drying process. To help alleviate this, use a paper towel to wipe the grease off of them halfway through the baking time and then flip them over.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can make cheese crisps in the dehydrator instead of the oven.
How To Make Keto Chips
Preheat the oven to 390F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl add almond flour, garlic powder, and paprika, whisk until well combined, leave aside.
In a bowl safe for microwave add mozzarella cheese, microwave for 40- 60 seconds until melted, do not leave it for too long because it will start to gratin cheese once melted.
Add egg to dry ingredients, whisk, it doesnt matter if you have clumps.
Add melted cheese to the mixture of dry ingredients and egg and knead with your hand until well combined. *If it becomes too hard and the dough doesnt look homogenous microwave it for 20 seconds and continue to knead until it does. Do not microwave longer than 20 seconds to avoid overcooking the dough.
Make a ball with the dough and place it in between two sheets of parchment paper.
Start to flatten with your hands, then continue with a wooden roller until it is completely flat, and it has about 2mm thickness.
Using a knife or pizza cutter cut lines of about 1.5 inches wide then cut triangles out of the line by cutting in a zig-zag motion until you have done the same with all the dough.
Carefully place chips on the baking sheet prepared initially slightly apart from each, bake for 10 minutes then broil on low for another 2 minutes or until golden.
*Depending on the side of your baking sheet you may have to bake two separate batches.
Remove from the oven let them cool for a couple of minutes and serve with salsa or your favorite dipping sauce.
Don’t Miss: Does Babybel Cheese Go Bad
How To Store Cheese Chips
Since these chips are made with perishable ingredients, they have to be stored in the refrigerator and can last up to 72 hours before they get soft if you have leftovers at all!
Pro-tip: Usually Id say store everything thats cooked in an air-tight container, but not these. Store your cheese chips in a paper bag folded and clipped close to help absorb the additional moisture from the chips and the humidity from the fridge to keep these chips crispy longer!
Recipe Ideas: How To Enjoy Your Cheddar Cheese Chips
Now that youve baked your keto chips, you have a few decisions to make: How will you enjoy them?
Take the keto quiz
This gluten-free recipe can be used in a variety of ways. Dip them in salsa or guacamole, eat them by the handful, or pair alongside your favorite lettuce wraps for a quick lunch option. Below are a few more recipe ideas to get you started.
Read Also: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Keto Baked Cheese Crisps 4 Ways
These Keto Baked Cheese Crisps are a great low carb snack and so easy to make. With four different varieties, there is something to please everyone!
This Mom’s Menu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links but all opinions are my own. I may earn money from purchases made through the links shared here
If you are looking for a delicious keto snack and you are tired of paying an arm and a leg for prepackaged snacks, then this is totally the recipe for you!
They are crazy easy to make in only a matter of minutes and the chances are you already have the ingredients in your fridge. PLUS – they are great for keto, low carb, and gluten-free diets AND even people who don’t follow any of these diets will like them.
Low Carb Chip Alternatives
Nowadays low carb chip alternatives have really taken off! Sometimes you really just crave that crunch that you would get naturally from a potato chip and though you cant eat potatoes on a low carb diet, thankfully we have some great keto chip options for you.
A few of my favorites are:
- Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper for a spicy kick
- Pizza Crisps a tiny bit of tomato paste, dried oregano
- Taco Cheese Crisps cheddar or Mexican cheese blend with a sprinkle of taco seasoning.
- Jalapeno Popper Crisps Cheddar cheese with cooked bacon and a jalapeno slice.
Don’t Miss: Private Selection Hard Salami
What Can You Use Keto Cheese Crisp Snacks For
To be honest, I eat them straight up as a substitute for chips! Cheese crisps are 100% addicting and you can clear a plate in an instant. That being said, they also make for a fantastic low carb substitution for bread crumbs. Use them for
- Tops of salads
- Eating in place of chips
- Anywhere you need a crunch without the carb!
Tips And Notes For Making Keto Cheese Crackers:
- Add seeds If youre looking to add a little extra flavor to your cheese chips, feel free to sprinkle on some seeds before baking. Two-three teaspoons of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds will taste great. Sprinkle over the cheese slices and bake as directed.
- Add spices If you want to flavor these chips in a different way, spices are an easy way to do that. You can sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons oregano, herbs de Provence, or Italian seasoning over the cheese slices and bake as directed. If you want a Mexican-style chip, feel free to sprinkle paprika or chili powder and bake as directed.
- Leave space between cheese You must leave some space in between the cheese slices so when they bake, they wont stick to each other. These cheese chips will expand and melt onto the pan.
Recommended Reading: How Long Does Babybel Cheese Last After Expiration Date