Recipes For Pepper Jack Cheese
You will definitely get the best of your recipes when you add your pepper jack Cheese to the following:
- Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Pizza
- Red Rock Ham Salad Canapes
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Pimiento Cheese Ball with Salted Pecans
- Zucchini and Potato Rosemary Pizza
- Spooky Parmesan Chicken Fingers
What Makes Pepper Jack Cheese Keto Friendly
Pepper jack cheese has been certified to be keto-friendly because it is low in net carbs and high in fats at the same time. Pepper Jack Cheese is low in carb because it contains 0.71 gram of net carbs per 100-gram serving, and this makes it a perfect choice while on keto. It is important to limit your net carb consumption to 20 gram 30 gram per day to stay on ketosis.
Pepper Jack Cheese is also a good source of fat because it does not contain any non-keto ingredients. However, most of the fat it would take to stay on keto should still come from natural and minimally processed sources like virgin olive oil, MCT oil, and grass-fed butter. It is very much important to get your fats from healthy sources so your body can burn clean fuel while on ketosis.
Pepper Jack Cheese is also minimally processed and free of non-keto sweeteners, highly refined oils, and food additives. It is quite important to check both macros and ingredients of your food to achieve a healthy weight loss on keto.
Dont Miss: What Time Does Chuck E Cheese Open Tomorrow
May Be An Option For Lactose Intolerant People
Lactose is the primary carbohydrate in cows milk. If you are lactose intolerant, you may avoid dairy products for fear of digestive consequences.
After all, lactose intolerance causes gas, bloating, and diarrhea after you eat foods that contain lactose. These uncomfortable symptoms occur because your body cannot break down lactose, leading to malabsorption and subsequent symptoms.
But some people with lactose intolerance have found that they do not have to avoid all dairy foodsespecially low-carb cheeses like Monterey Jack. Most of the lactose is taken out during the cheese-making process. That means you may get the protein and calcium benefits from this dairy food without indigestion.
Read Also: Wisconsin Brick Cheese Vs Mozzarella
Top Twenty Cheese Products High In Phosphorus
Below is a summary list for the top twenty cheese items ranked by the amount or level of phosphorus in 100g.
1. Cheese, pasteurized process, cheddar or American, fat-free : 936mg 2. Cheese spread, pasteurized process, American : 875mg 3. Cheese product, pasteurized process, American, vitamin D fortified : 855mg 4. Cheese product, pasteurized process, American, reduced fat, fortified with vitamin D : 829mg 5. Cheese product, pasteurized process, cheddar, reduced fat : 829mg 6. Cheese, pasteurized process, American, low fat : 827mg 7. Cheese, pasteurized process, swiss, low fat : 827mg 8. Cheese, parmesan, low sodium : 807mg 9. Cheese, pasteurized process, swiss : 762mg 10. Cheese, romano : 760mg 11. Cheese, pasteurized process, cheddar or American, low sodium : 745mg 12. Cheese, pasteurized process, pimento : 744mg 13. Cheese, parmesan, shredded : 735mg 14. Cheese, parmesan, grated : 729mg 15. Cheese, goat, hard type : 729mg 16. Cheese, parmesan, dry grated, reduced fat : 729mg 17. Cheese, american cheddar, imitation : 712mg 18. Cheese, parmesan, hard : 694mg 19. Cheese, mozzarella, nonfat : 656mg 20. Cheese, pasteurized process, American, fortified with vitamin D : 641mg
At the bottom of the page is the full list for the 92 different types of cheese based on the content in different servings in grams and oz , providing a comprehensive analysis of the phosphorus content in cheese.
You May Like: What Time Does Chuck E Cheese Open On Sunday
The Ultimate Guide To Healthy Cheeses
Were gonna talk about cheese today, and I think were all here for one reason
its delicious .
Cheese is too delicious to resist. Its extremely unfair, in fact how delicious yet unbearably high calorie cheese can be.
No seriously, if cheese didnt exist, I dont even know what Id do. Probably wish for a world with cheese.
Oh, do you need more reasons to eat cheese? How about the fact that cheese is great for your teeth too! Thats right, calcium levels through the roof, plus it lowers the level of bacteria in your mouth to keep your teeth clean.
Enough said. Cheese has got some health benefits .
Here are the 14 healthiest cheeses to chow down on:
Recommended Reading: How Long Can Babybel Cheese Be Unrefrigerated
Mac And Cheese With Kale And Butternut Squash
Butternut squash puree and kale make this favorite a bit healthier, but just as delicious. Blend roasted butternut squash until smooth, and stir it into a cheese sauce made with Colby cheese, milk, butter, flour, and seasonings. Stir in strained cooked macaroni pasta and kale, and place in a baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and bake until the casserole is bubbly.
How Much Sodium Is In Pepper Jack Cheese
Monterey Jack is a soft white cheese that is referred to as pepper Jack when it includes flecks of jalapeno pepper. Pepper Jack contains approximately 150 milligrams of sodium, which is 7 percent of the daily recommended intake of sodium. A high sodium diet is associated with an increased risk for high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that healthy adults consume no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day.
You May Like: Do Babybels Need To Be Refrigerated
What Is Colby Cheese
Colby cheese is a semi-hard cheese made from pasteurized cows milk. It was first produced in 1885 in the town of Colby, Wisconsin. It has a mild flavor, an open, springy texture, yellow color, and a sweet, mild aroma. If youre familiar with Monterey Jack cheese, Colby is basically a yellow version of that. Because it is a high-moisture cheese, Colby melts exceptionally well.
Hennings Cheese: May 2017
During May 2017, Hennings Cheese recalled Colby-Jack due to a temporary malfunctioning pasteurizer. It was stated that around 1000 pounds of the product were distributed through the state of Kiel. The cheese itself being recalled were 1 to 2 pound blocks sold on or after the 10th of April 2017. The result of the malfunction was seen to have not affected consumers.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Brick Cheese
Recommended Reading: What Sauce Is On Dominos Philly Pizza
How To Make A Pepper Jack Keto Cheese Crackers
The Keto Cheese Crackers are so addictive and delicious. Perfect to serve up in an appetizer spread for the holidays or to have on hand for snacking or packing in lunches.
- 1/4tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
The keto cheese crackers are so easy to prepare and all you need to do after getting your ingredients ready are:
- Mix butter and cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the shredded cheese and mix until well combined. Add the other six ingredients and continue to mix. Stir everything together in the chopped pecans
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and form into a roll about 2 1/2 inches thick. Wrap up tightly and chill or freeze until it is firm.
- Slice chilled dough into 1/4 thick slices and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. bake at 300 degrees for 20 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool crackers completely on pans before removing.
You May Like: Does Chuck E Cheese Have Claw Machines
Here Are 4 Things That Happen When You Eat Too Much Cheese
|Listen to this article|
There is absolutely nothing that cheese cant make better! Whether sizzling on a hot slice of pizza or sprinkled on pastacheese can enhance the flavour of anything and everything.
But everything comes with its own pros and consincluding your favourite cheese! While cheese is a good source of protein, calcium, and phosphorus, it is low in fibre and high in saturated fats and sodium. So when you overdose on it, you invite tonnes of health issues.
Here are four things that happen when you eat too much cheese
We all know that eating too many high-calorie foods can make you gain weight. While not all cheeses have high calorific values, they are high-fat foods. So when you eat them in large quantities regularly, weight gain is inevitable.
2. Heart disease
You can blame the saturated fat in cheese for increasing cholesterol levels. High cholesterol can potentially increase the risk of heart disease. But then again, if eaten in moderate quantities, cheese cant do you any harm.
3. Stomach issues
Cheese is a high-fat dairy product, which contains lactose. Some people cant digest lactose very well because of the deficiency of an enzyme in our body called lactase. If you are lactose intolerant and dont know it, too much cheese can cause gas, bloating, and constipation.
4. High blood pressure
Read Also: Sour Cream Or Cream Cheese In Mac And Cheese
Also Check: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Dominos Calories
What Is Colby Jack Cheese
This cheese is a blend of two mellowed cheeses Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. It is a fine and semi-soft American cheese made from pasteurized milk. It is made from one of the best technique or recipe of American cheeses. It gathers the finest chunk of the Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, blends them together and serves a sweetened and mellowed Colby Jack Cheese.
It is a distinct blend of similar but uniquely different cheese flavors otherwise referred to as Co-jack. It is uniquely mild and slightly sweet. It could also be quite buttery and milky. The cheese appears quite appealing in a marbled mix of orange and white color. It melts and blends well with other cheeses.
Although the Colby Jack cheese is originally American, it is also popular amongst Mexican dishes. It is an all-purpose food and serves as an addition to quite a number of diets. Unlike several other types of cheese, this cheese is moist, softer and melts smoothly.
Whats The Difference Between Monterey Jack Pepper Jack Cheddar Jack And Colby Jack
Also, who is Jack??
The other day, I found myself standing in the dairy aisle staring at the variety of cheese selections and scratching my head. I was shopping for a recipe that called for Colby Jack cheese, which is a cheese I would never seek out myself, but as I sorted through all the different cheeses on the shelves, it dawned on me just how many Jack cheeses there are. This realization caused me to immediately spiral what is the difference between Colby Jack and the other Jack cheeses? Is pepper Jack just a spicy version of other Jack cheeses? What is Monterey Jack cheese and what sets it apart from the others? And seriously, who is Jack!?! This yearning for Jack truths led me on a Google search that uncovered some pretty fascinating origins of these cheeses.
So, whats with all the cross-breeding? Well, all of these cheeses melt super easily, making them the perfect product to play around with and create subtle variations. Monterey Jack is a great baseline cheese because its mild in flavor, so by mixing it up with peppers and/or sharper cheeses, it makes for a more exciting product. There you have it. Dairy aisle existential crisis has been averted.
You May Like: What Sauce Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
You May Like: Widmer Specialty Brick Cheese
How To Make Monterey Jack Cheese At Home
- Pour Milk into stockpot and heat to 32 degrees Celsius. I use a digital thermometer.
- Add the starter culture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Leave the milk to ripen for 45 minutes.
- Stir in 15 grams of salt into the diluted Rennet.
- Pour the salty Rennet into the milk and stir for 1 minute.
- Leave the milk to set for 1 hour or until the curd has set with a clean break.
- Cut the curd into 1 cm cubes and then let the curds rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat to 38 degrees Celsius over 30 minutes. This means increasing the temperature no more than 1 degree every 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently during this time to stop the curds matting together.
- Once you have reached 38 degrees Celsius maintain this temperature for another 30 minutes, again stirring frequently to prevent matting.
- Let the curds rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour off the whey so that the curds are only just showing at the bottom of the pot.
- Leave the curds to set for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 to prevent matting.
- Pour the curds into a cheesecloth-lined colander to drain remaining whey.
- Add 15 grams of salt and herbs if using and mix by hand.
- Pour curds into mold and press at 5kg for 20 minutes.
- Remove, turn and redress and press at 10kg for 20 minutes.
- Remove, turn and redress and press at 15kg for 12 hours.
- Remove the cheese and wash with a brine
- Air dry at room temperature on cheese mats for 3 days.
- Wax or vacuum seal when cheese is dry to the touch and the rind has turned a darker yellow.
Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese 24 Slices
With a spicy, hot kick infused with a smooth, delicate finish, our sliced Monterey Jack cheese blended with habanero and jalapeno peppers provides the best of both ends of the flavor scale. The perfect addition to a turkey or roast beef sandwich, or atop crackers for a great afternoon snack.
- Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese slices add a burst of heat to a turkey or roast beef sandwich and makes a great snack when served with crackers.
- This 16 oz. package comes with 24 slices of Pepper Jack cheese perfect for sandwiches or atop crackers.
- 100% Real, Natural Cheese uses ingredients like, Pasteurized Milk, Hot Peppers , Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes.
- Easy-close FreshLock® packaging helps keep cheese fresh longer, but use within five days upon opening for maximum freshness
- Our Familys Passion Is Cheese
Don’t Miss: Does Laughing Cow Cheese Have To Be Refrigerated
Amount Of Phosphorus In Cheese
Welcome to the nutritional phosphorus content in 92 different types of cheese, ranging from 936 mg to 91 mg per 100g. The basic type of cheese is Cheese, brie, where the amount of phosphorus in 100g is 188 mg.
The percentage of the recommended daily allowance for phosphorus is based on a 1000 mg RDA level for a mature adult.
Recommended Reading: What Cheese Goes On A Charcuterie Board
How Is Colby Jack Cheese Made
The cheese is made originally from pristine milk held at a particular time-temperature combination. This is in order to deliberately eliminate the pathogen and microorganisms in the edibles. Colby Jack Cheese is a tender mix of Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese after which is often pressed into circular or semicircular shapes.
Originally, the cheese had a fixed recipe and were only made in longhorn shapes but in recent times, modern methods and recipes have been discovered. These procedures have been simplified and modernized.
In attempt to produce and supply a wide range of cheese feel, flavor and colors, cheesemakers now apply diverse proportions and different aging processes in arriving at the fundamental formula. In fact, it now comes in rectangles, semicircles, circles, and so on, based on preference. Like several other sorts of cheese, it takes over one US gallon of milk to produce a single pound of Colby Jack cheese.
In the beginning, the milk is warmed up. After heating the milk, adding a relative quantity of rennet and shredding the curds, the solid form of the milk is separated from the whey. The mash is then heated the second time in other to squeeze out as much whey as possible. After which they are then washed in cold water basically to leash out and reduce the lactose to a level that permits lactic acid development.
Read Also: Babybel Expiration
Why Eat One Point Weight Watchers Snacks
If youre on weight watchers, then it goes without saying that youre ready to watch your diet to help you achieve your fitness goals. And this means you should stop taking just any type of snacks and rely on healthy ones.
This is where the weight watchers 1 point foods come in. They help ensure you take care of your cravings for various foodswhile confining yourself to healthy eating and avoiding foods containing fats and calories.
As a weight watcher member, eating these healthy snacks will save you from drastically setting back on your daily or weekly points. They help you stay full and focused without having to sacrifice tons of points.
So, when is the right time to take these snacks? You might wonder
Wed recommend you to take them between meals. For instance, you can consider taking one in the mid-morning, a few hours before lunch. Then you can take another one between lunch and dinner. And then, you can take another weight watchers one point snack after dinner and a few hours before going to bed.
However, keep in mind that this plan or might not work for you, depending on the number of points you have left on your daily allowance.
Additional Vitamins And Minerals
A 1-ounce serving of Colby cheese delivers 194 milligrams of calcium, which is 19 percent of the 1,000 milligrams you need as part of your daily diet. The same portion of Colby cheese contains 130 milligrams of phosphorus. That’s about 19 percent of the 700 milligrams you should have each day. Phosphorus supports strong bones and teeth and helps your body store and use energy. Colby cheese provides small amounts of iron and vitamin A, too.
Also Check: Dominos Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Does White Cheddar Cheese Have High Potassium
White cheddar cheese is a cows milk cheese that is free of coloring or dyes that are used in yellow cheddars. White cheddar cheese is not a significant source of potassium, even though milk contains a large amount of this important electrolyte. One ounce of white cheddar contains 28 milligrams of potassium, which is less than 1 percent of the 4,700 milligrams recommended per day by the Institute of Medicine. Potassium is an important electrolyte that helps control the acid-base balance in the body and the electrical impulses of the heart muscle.