How To Par Bake Pizza Crust
Once the oven is up to temperature, we are going to do a 1 to 2 minute par bake. This step is technically not necessary, but I never skip it. It guarantees a thoroughly cooked crust. Nobody wants a doughy pizza, yuck.
Use your pizza peel or a flat baking sheet to transfer the pizza dough and the parchment paper onto your pizza stone, pizza pan, or baking sheet. . Transfer to your stone or pan, shut the oven door and bake for 1-2 minutes, until it is slightly puffed.
Use your pizza peel or flat baking sheet to remove the pizza from the oven. Poke down any bubbles. Leave the crust on the peel while you add the toppings.
Start out with pizza sauce, of course. Heres my favorite pizza sauce recipe!
Do I Need To Make My Own Pizza Dough
No, you dont.
Homemade pizza dough is great, its super fresh, its handcrafted, and made by you.
If you have time, then do it.
Theres nothing more satisfying than biting into a homemade pizza crust.
But we all lead busy lives – right?
And sometimes all you want to do is to grab a pizza base, load it up and throw it into your pizza oven.
We certainly do!
So, using store bought pizza dough or pizza crust, is absolutely fine.
Simple Margarita Cheese Pizza
Yummy Treats shares this simple recipe for a Margarita cheese pizza with a few basic ingredients. Youll learn how to make the dough from scratch and without eggs. It takes about half an hour to rest and rise, after which you can roll it out in the shape of a pizza. Top it with sauce and mozzarella, and its ready for enjoyment.
You May Like: What Can You Sub For Milk In Mac And Cheese
Garlic Herb Pizza Sauce
The delicious savory flavor of this homemade pizza comes from the garlic herb sauce. Heres what you need to make it:
- . Use your favorite store-bought sauce or make your own.
- Garlic. Fresh garlic will give you the best flavor, but you can use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder if you prefer.
- Driedparsley, oregano, and thyme. You can use fresh herbs, but youll need a tablespoon of each.
- Smoked paprika. This adds a subtle heat. If you like more spice, you can add more paprika.
The Ultimate Guide To Making Cheese Pizza
Your pizza night just became EPIC! This easy cheese pizza has the most incredible cheesy depth to it. With a delicious crust and homemade pizza sauce, cook this for your friends and family and youll quickly be elevated to legendary status!
This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting a small business!
You May Like: Is Tillamook Cheese Made In Oregon
Why Youll Love This Homemade Cheese Pizza Recipe
- From start to finish it can be made in just 5 minutes if you use this epic pizza oven!
- Perfect for pizza nights, game nights, camping trips, and summer parties.
- If youre looking for outdoor cooking recipes, then this is perfect!
- Its a real crowd pleaser, people just cant get enough of it, adults, and kids alike.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
New York Style Cheese Pizza
Have you ever tried pizza in New York? The city is well-known for its pizzas, and this cheesy version might steal the spotlight. This is one of the most detailed recipes that offers more than just a step-by-step guide. It provides plenty of details on how to get everything perfect, especially when choosing the right cheese. It is for one pizza only, so make sure to adjust it if youre having guests.
Read Also: Where To Buy American Cheese Block
How To Roll Out Pizza Dough
Start out with about 12-16 ounces of dough. I worked really hard to perfect my Pizza Dough recipe and highly recommend it! But any pizza dough, homemade or store bought, will work for this recipe.
Prepare your work surface. I know most people dust the counter with flour, but I find that you risk ending up with a tougher dough this way. Too much flour = tough crust. .
Instead, of flour, I usually drizzle some olive oil right onto my counter. Use your hands to rub it around.
Place your ball of dough in the center of your work surface and use your hands to press it down, starting from the center. Keep gently patting out the dough, moving the dough outward from the center. I like to leave a pretty healthy crust on the edges of my dough.
Continue patting and stretching the dough gently with your hands until it is about 12 inches across. Of course you can use a rolling pin if you want!
At this point, transfer the dough to a square of parchment paper. I highly recommend using parchment paper because its SO much easier transferring your pizza into the oven.
Stretch and arrange the dough on the parchment paper. The dough shrinks a bit when you pick it up to transfer, just gently stretch it out again.
If you love a thicker crust pizza, let the rolled-out dough rest for 10 minutes at this point.
Why Is My Cheese Not Melting In Pizza
Most likely, this is due to the fact that the cheese does not have the appropriate moisture level and/or does not reach its melting point in your oven. If your cheese is really hard , you will not be able to produce the soft, flexible feel that many diners prefer.
Don’t Miss: Is Cheese A Healthy Fat
Whats The Best Cheese For Pizza
When choosing cheeses for your homemade pizza, you want to look for ones that have a lower moisture content and that melt nicely. This cheese pizza recipe uses quark, Grana Padano, and fresh mozzarella. Grana Padano is a harder cheese than mozzarella, but because its grated before being added to the pizza it melts well.
Can I Double This Classic Cheese Pizza Recipe
Yes! This recipe is perfect to double or even triple. You can make this recipe as big as you want. You can also half everything if you are cooking for only one.
If you have a big family you can use the help of others to toss the dough or knead the dough. I find that my family loves being involved in this process. They also all really like picking their toppings, spreading the sauce, and making their own personal pizzas. This recipe is a great way to get your family together and happy.
Recommended Reading: Is Tostitos Cheese Dip Gluten Free
How To Reheat Pizza
If you have leftover cheese pizza, I recommend reheating it in the oven at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble up again. You can also reheat pizza in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Just keep an eye on the slice, as the crust can easily burn in a hot skillet.
Whatever you do, dont reheat pizza in the microwave! I know some sites say to reheat pizza in the microwave with a glass of water to generate steam, but I think using the oven or a skillet is your best bet.
How To Make The Best Cheese Pizza
This cheese pizza tastes just like what youd expect from your classic pie, but infinitely better. Its sophisticated enough for adults, but loved by all kids. Weve tested on multiple kids in our lives, and theyre 100% in love with this cheese pizza. Heres what makes this cheese pizza better than your normal delivery pizza:
- 5-minute pizza sauce. Have you made our classic easy pizza sauce? Its a fan favorite recipe and youll be amazed at home much flavor it has! Whiz up canned fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, and oregano in a blender.
- Both shredded and fresh mozzarella. Whats on the cheesiest of cheese pizzas? Shredded mozzarella and fresh mozzarella! The fresh cheese makes it seriously gooey, and the shredded is the glue that sticks it all together.
- The best pizza dough. This pizza dough recipe is the best on the internet . Alex and I perfected it after over 10 years of researching tricks from artisan pizza makers. Keep reading for more on how to make it
You May Like: Can You Eat American Cheese On Keto
More Pizza Night Recipes
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit and place top rack into the middle of oven. NOTE: be sure to use a great pizza pan to ensure that your crust is crispy and not soggy.
- Brush a generous amount of the garlic herb sauce over the top of the crust until evenly coated.
- Generously sprinkle on the cheeses until crust is fully covered in the middle, leaving a bit of crust for the edges.
- Lightly brush the tops of the edge of the crust with 1 Tbsp of olive oil to ensure that it becomes a nice golden brown.
- Transfer the pizza pie to the hot oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or so, until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Once done, allow pizza to rest/cool for a few minutes so that the cheese sets before cutting into generous slices, using a pizza cutter.
- Bon Appetit!
More Homemade Pizza Recipes:
- Mexican Taco Pizza EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and like eating a taco in pizza form!! Taco-seasoned ground beef on top of refried beans with melted cheese and your favorite taco fixings!
- 10-Minute Skillet Pizza A FAST, EASY, and foolproof recipe to make pizza at home in 10 minutes!
- Grilled Pepperoni Pizza If youve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it! Its foolproof, delicious, faster than calling for delivery, and pizza is always a WINNER!
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza A copycat version of California Pizza Kitchens bbq chicken pizza that you can make at home in 15 minutes! EASY, loaded with juicy chicken, red onions, cilantro, and lots of cheese!
- Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Read Also: Can I Have Cheese Before A Colonoscopy
Which Is The Best Pizza Oven
We must admit, we havent tried all the pizza ovens on the market who could?
But we have one favorite.
One that we could never let out of our lives again its THAT good!
Its the Ooni Karu 16 multi fuel and its totally AWESOME!
Well be writing a more in-depth review shortly but in a nutshell
Its stylish, and this little fella makes an attractive addition to your backyard, or porch, or he can even be carried down to the beach.
Its quick, like in LIGHTNING quick!
You can cook a pizza in as little as 60 seconds.
Using both gas and natural fuel, you can choose if you go for convenience or a smoky stone baked taste.
In our humble opinion, it is just perfect, and we think that everyone should have a Luigi in their lives.
Best Way To Reheat Pizza
You have two options and they depend entirely on preference. If a somewhat soggy crust doesnt bother you go for the microwave.
If you want a crisper crust reheat your pizza in a skillet and cover with a lid.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on , , and for all my latest updates!
Also Check: Is There A Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese Soup
Homemade Pizza Ideas For Toppings What Can I Put On A Homemade Pizza
The sky is the limit here! Some of my favorite pizza toppings:
- Just Cheese: dont underestimate the power of cheese. You need variety: Mozzarella, Fontina, Parmesan, and Gorgonzola would be amazing.
- Pepperoni: Have you tried the new Hormel Cup n Crisp Pepperoni? Its what Ive been searching for forever!! I love the pepperoni that shrinks up and turns into ultra crispy cups. This gives you exactly that! Ive never been able to find it at the store, only in restaurants. So excited!
- Supreme: pepperoni, mushroom, red/green bell pepper, red onion, black olives, fresh basil
- Meat Lovers: Pepperoni, salami, Italian sausage, ham, bacon
- Hawaiian: Canadian bacon, pineapple
- fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes
- BBQ: Use barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce, then rotisserie chicken, red onions, bacon
- Veggie pizza: spinach, tomato, corn, peppers, red onion, mushrooms
- Buffalo: Use Franks sauce instead of tomato sauce, then add rotisserie chicken, garlic, blue cheese, red onions
Sam Siftons Cheese Pizza
Do you have some leftover sourdough, or you want to make some specifically for your cheese pizza? Either way, this recipe shows how to create a cheesy delight on a perfectly airy crust. Youll need some mozzarella, heavy cream, taleggio, parmesan, and black pepper. Dont forget to heat your oven for at least an hour to get it as hot as possible.
You May Like: Is Gouda Cheese Good For Weight Loss
Homemade Pizza Baking Equipment
Theres only 3 crucial tools you need.
- Stand Mixer: An electric stand mixer is preferred for making homemade pizza crust, but you dont *NEED* it. You can simply mix and knead the dough by hand.
- Pizza Pan: Some pizza enthusiasts own pizza stones, baking stones, and pizza peels. If you have them awesome. If you dont, just use a regular pizza pan or a baking sheet.
- Pizza Cutter: This OXO pizza cutter because its sharp, comfortable, and easy.
About The Pizza Crust
It is up to you whether you choose to roll it with a rolling pin or gently stretch the dough. Stretching the dough will give a more authentic crust.
Reasons to stretch the dough vs rolling it: it doesnt knock out all of the air thus creating a puffier crust. Prevents the dough from becoming too thin which results in a dry crust.
To stretch by hand use your fingers to gently pull and rotate. Try not to handle the edges as much so you dont knock out the air.
Dont worry about how it looks. You will get better with time. Here is a little video on How to Stretch Pizza Dough.
Also, its up to you whether or not you prick the dough before topping. Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont. The reason to prick is to prevent big air bubbles in your pizza.
Also Check: Does Dunkin Donuts Have Grilled Cheese
How Can I Store My Homemade Cheese Pizza
Everyone knows that left-over pizza is delicious, but how do you store it? You can put your homemade cheese pizza slices in airtight containers in the fridge. I wouldnt recommend freezing them, though.
Another idea is to put a slice or two in a Ziploc bag and save it for someones lunch the next day! Its an easy way to pack lunches and get rid of leftovers.
Best Cheese For Pizza
No surprise here: Mozzarella!!! I suggest using low-moisture mozzarella cheese, which has been aged for longer and has a lower water content than fresh mozzarella. Which means your pizza is less likely to bake up soggy when using it. I also love low-moisture mozzarella because it melts great and has a delicious salty/tangy flavor to it.
Pro Tip: Freeze your cheese! I know that sounds crazy, but its key. Because freezing your cheese helps it melt slower, resulting in a perfectly gooey cheese pizza! Try it at least once!
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Patti Labelle Mac And Cheese
Pro Tips For Making This Recipe
- If you have a non-stick pizza pan, use it in place of the sheet pan.
- To stretch the pizza dough, use your fingertips to press a ring around the edge to make the crust, then using your knuckles, hold the pizza up in the air, turning it slowly, and let gravity stretch the dough into a circle.
- For a crispier crust, you can preheat the sheet pan in the oven before adding your dough to it.
- Dont be tempted to overload the pizza with cheese and sauce. Too much sauce will make the pizza soggy, and too much cheese will slide off the pizza.
- Make sure to preheat your oven, so its nice and hot before baking the pizzas. This helps create a super crispy base!
- Let the pizza cool before slicing, as it gives the cheese time to firm up. If its too hot, itll melt back into the cut and stick the slices back together.
Ingredients In Blueberry Goat Cheese
The simplicity of this appetizer idea is magic: the creaminess of the cheese with the sweet tart jam is the perfect combination. This blueberry goat cheese was inspired by our classic goat cheese appetizer, using a homemade blueberry sauce instead of purchased jam. But you can use purchased to make it even simpler! Heres what youll need:
- Goat cheese log
- Blueberry sauce: blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice
- Fresh mint or thyme
Throw the goat cheese into the oven with the blueberry sauce and bake 10 minutes, then top with the fresh herbs. The oven warms it so its spreadable on crackers or crostini. Its perfect in any season: summer when blueberries are at their prime, or in the fall or winter with frozen blueberries.
Recommended Reading: Does Cheddar Cheese Have Sodium
If Youre Making It In An Ooni Pizza Oven
Preheat your Ooni to 850°F/450°C.
Lightly flour your pizza paddle with flour, to avoid the crust from sticking.
Spread pizza sauce on the pizza crust, leaving a half inch border.
Then, add vegetarian Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and then finally goat cheese.
Place your cheese pizza in the oven for approximately 1-2 minutes, ensuring you turn it every 20 seconds and cook it evenly.
Your pizza crust will be golden brown and crispy, and the toppings perfectly cooked.
Once the pizza has cooked, remove it from the oven, garnish with a little fresh basil and serve immediately.
Enjoy your awesome cheese pizza!