The 5 Ingredients Youll Need:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ground Cayenne pepper
You can keep it simple, or you can jazz it up however you want. You can add tomatoes, jalapeños, scallions, ground beef, and whatever else strikes your fancy.
Serve it alongside some Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Soft Pretzels and you have a full spread perfect for watching sports and having friends over.
This method takes less than 10 minutes, and riffs on how youd make a roux and a béchamel sauce for mac and cheese.
Because the ingredients are natural and chemical-free, know that the nacho sauce firms slightly as it cools. It has a luscious, smooth and melty texture as long as its warm, but if you let it cool, youll need to reheat it to get that flowy texture again. It does reheat just fine though and Ill include instructions for that after the step-by-step.
Not All Cheddar Is The Same
Cheddar cheeses vary HUGELY in taste and melt-quality depending on brand.
My absolute favorite cheddar is made by Cracker Barrel, and its what I used here. Any cheddar made by them, whether White or Yellow Sharp, Extra Sharp, Vermont Sharp, or Marbled Sharp, is excellent. Tillamook, Cabot, and The Whole Foods 365 Sharp Cheddar are also decent.
Cheddars I find that dont work as well texture-wise are Kraft, Organic Valley, Targets brand, and TJs brand. Also dont use really high-end artisanal cheddars, because they usually dont melt well.
Whisk gently until the cheese melts and smooths out into a creamy, wonderful sauce:
It should have a flowy texture that runs and drips off the spoon in an even ribbon:
If at any point the nacho cheese gets too thick and doesnt run off the spoon, just add more water or milk, and whisk to combine. It will smooth out again beautifully.
What happens is when you cook the mixture on the stovetop, you run the risk of cooking too much moisture off, so you just have to add more. No big deal!
How To Make Queso Dip
Read Also: How To Make A Bacon Egg And Cheese Sandwich
Gluten Free Nacho Cheese Sauce
Gluten Free Nacho Cheese Sauce is creamy, cheesy, and a cinch to make with everyday ingredients no processed cheese required!
Its a well known fact that nachos are my favorite food. My kids know it. The internet knows it. It doesnt get more official than that.
In our younger years, Ben and I even went on a lengthy Tour de Nacho around town, searching for the very best of what central Iowa had to offer in terms of chips, cheese, and all the fixins.
Spoiler alert: any place using nacho cheese sauce was immediately placed at the top of the list. Melted shredded cheese is good, but nothing beats drippy, homemade, gluten free nacho cheese sauce!
Read Also: What To Mix With Mac And Cheese
Quick Tortilla Pinwheels Recipe: How To Make It
Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain the excess fat. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
Instructions. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, taco seasoning and cheddar cheese until well combined. Add the chicken, bell peppers and cilantro into the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined. Lay one of the tortillas flat on a cutting board and spread approximately 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture all over the tortilla.
Roasted Poblano Burger with Pepper Jack Cheese. This pepper jack poblano burger is simple, delicious and perfect for every occasion. Beef Pinwheels. Looking for an easy and impressive appetizer recipe? Look no further than these delicious and simple beef pinwheels. BBQ Nachos Game Day is not complete without these beefy waffle fry nachos.
Mix cream cheese spread ingredients together and spread using a spatula over the entire surface of the two tortillas. Layer on turkey, cheese, and lettuce . Roll the tortilla up into a tight log, and place toothpicks down the center in about 1 inch intervals.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing. Mix until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives. Spread in a generous layer over tortillas. Roll tortillas tightly and slice into 1 inch pieces.
Read Also: Does Walgreens Have Shredded Cheese
How Do You Make A Quick Cheese Sauce
The answer is simply: cornstarch.
Once I realized the cornstarch trick, I make all of my cheese sauce recipes this way!
Cornstarch is now a time saving staple in my home.
You cant taste it, and it makes dinner time a heck of a lot easier.
Once we first made this recipe, I had to make it three times in one week because I just could not get enough of it!
The homemade nacho cheese just takes nacho night to the next level.
It literally takes five minutes to make and tastes so good I really cant even prepare you for the deliciousness.
Since first posting this recipe, I have made this countless times and even served it at a party.
From easy dinners to party appetizers, you really cant go wrong with a batch of this cheesy goodness!
It reminds me of going to a mexican restaurant and filling up on chips and cheese.
I could totally do that with this recipe!
I love this cheese sauce plain with tortilla chips, or drizzled generously over whatever mexican dish we are having that night.
Why Make Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce
Simple, its because you know exactly what ingredients are used, and theres only a few of them compared to nacho cheese from a can which might contain a long list of ingredients. My nacho cheese sauce only has five ingredients for making a great sauce perfect for nachos, and it tastes completely like cheese! I can guarantee if you serve this sauce over your nachos, whoever is eating them with you will be your best friend forever, or maybe youll just eat them all yourself!
Read Also: Can You Make Cheese With Lactose Free Milk
Also Check: Is Kraft Cheese Lactose Free
Can You Reheat Queso
Queso dip is perfect for get togethers just make this up and put it in a crock pot on low to keep it nice and fluid. And dont worry about how much this makes! You can easily reheat it so youll be able to eat on it for days.
Store any leftover cheese dip in the fridge. Reheat slowly in the crock pot before serving. Typically homemade Queso lasts up to three days in the fridge in an airtgith container
This Easy Beef Queso Is A Simple Yet Insanely Delicious Recipe The Best Part Is It Can Be Ready In Just Under 20 Minutes
Nachos are never a thing anyone turns down on the game day. Really having queso, chips, soda, and maybe a few crackers and some M& Ms makes every game day a win, whether your team takes the victory or not.
Today I am sharing this delicious Easy Beef Queso recipe along with my personal thoughts on the ease of picking up all of your family game day essentials.
Growing up football season was big in my home. My parents had their friends over and always made a delicious spread. I have fond memories of my moms queso, Shelias Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, and Jean always bringing something new and tasty. Connie my moms friend was known for her no-bake cookies and I always hoped she would bring them, it always made my day. More often than not, she did.
I want to create these same kinds of memories for my kids starting with great food and people.
Of course, since my moms queso recipe was my favorite, I wanted to share it with you. Easy and simple this is the perfect dip for chips, crackers, taquitos and well, honestly you could just eat it with a spoon.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Low Sodium Cheese
Copycat Tostitos Salsa Con Queso Recipe
- Link Icon Copy and share the recipe link
When you think of instant salsa for your tortilla chips dip, there is automatically one brand that comes to mind Tostitos. In this recipe, well be teaching you how to recreate this iconic and flavorful copycat Tostitos salsa con queso.
Dont worry, this recipe is as simple as it can get. This absolutely well-loved dip from Tostitos is essentially the combination of a nacho cheese dip with a traditional salsa. Anyone can do this copycat Tostitos salsa con queso recipe anytime!
With the thick richness of cheese and tang of salsa, you get a burst of various flavors all in one with a slight tinge of spiciness added in. Without further ado, lets dive right in and discover how to make this mouthwatering salsa that is perfect for Taco Tuesdays and picnics.
If youre a cheese purist and prefer a pure cheese dip, you can learn to make a copycat Taco Bell Nacho cheese dip with us too!
How To Make A Smooth Cheese Sauce
A common complaint when making cheese sauce without processed cheese is that the sauce turns out grainy. Here are my tips for making a super smooth homemade cheese sauce:
Read Also: Which Cottage Cheese Is Best For Weight Loss
How To Make This Slow Cooker Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
The Secret To Smooth Queso
The bane of every queso-makers existence is curdling. The use of cream cheese in my queso guards against this common issue. The stabilizers in the cream cheese work to prevent the cheese from curdling when heated. This works to our advantage in the queso dip because, unlike hard cheeses like cheddar which can separate when heated, the cream cheese will melt and make the dip homogeneous.
More tips for super smooth queso:
- In addition to the cream cheese, I use evaporated milk as the base for the cheesy dip.
- Reducing the amount of water in the sauce also prevents that dreaded curdling.
- Pay close attention to the temperature of the sauce after the cheese has been added. This is crucial in achieving a smooth queso. Maintaining a low temperature and a wee bit of patience will set you up for success. No bubbles should break the surface of the dip once youve added the cheese.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Nacho Cheese With Kraft Singles
Troubleshooting And Storage Tips
To get the desired consistency, you can add ¼ cup grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and a bit more milk. Do not use pre shredded cheese as it is coated to keep it from being sticky.
There may be several reasons that the texture of the sauce doesnt turn out. Here are a couple common mistakes:
- It was heated too quickly and or cooked for too long.
- Another way to keep a smooth texture is to slowly add the milk to the roux. Whisk thoroughly and make sure that all of the roux has been mixed into the milk.
- Your milk did not have enough fat use 2% or whole milk
- Keep the nacho cheese warm, otherwise it may begin to harden and solidify.
STORE leftover nacho cheese in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
For more dips and sauces, check out:
Whats The Deal With Evaporated Milk
Evaporated milk is just milk thats been simmered over low heat until more than half of the water content has evaporated, so its extra creamy. Its perfect for giving you extremely creamy cheese sauces without the heaviness of using half and half or heavy cream.
When heated together with cheese and a dash or two of hot sauce, you get something pretty magical.
Also Check: How To Make Homemade Mac And Cheese Recipe
Tips For Homemade Queso Dip
- In this queso recipe, there are so many bold ingredients to add flavor, so we dont need to rely on the flour to build flavor. Cornstarch is the answer for a very smooth creamy consistency.
- Its also important to mention that block cheese, shredded at home, produces a much better texture than pre-shredded cheese covered in additives to ward off clumping.
- Once youve scalded the half & half keep the heat down and be patient as you slowly stir in the fresh shredded cheese.
Youll be amazed by how rich, creamy, and zesty this smoky homemade queso sauce is.
Easy Queso Blanco Recipe Tips And Faqs
1. Can I leave the diced green chilies and diced jalapenos out? Yes, but you may need to add more milk because the liquid in the peppers helps to thin out the queso.
2. Can this easy queso blanco be made in a crockpot? Yes! Just put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 1 2 hours. Stir until smooth. Turn the temperature to warm for serving.
3. Can this recipe be made ahead of time and reheated? Yes, this queso blanco reheated. Add more milk it necessary.
4. I cant find the Velveeta Queso Blanco. Can I make queso with the regular Velveeta instead? Definitely! It will change the color, of course, and change the flavor but it will still be delicious.
5. Want more ingredients in your queso blanco? Add diced onions, a can of Rotel, a dash of hot sauce, minced garlic
6. How about toppings for the queso blanco? Try topping it with diced tomatoes, cilantro, or jalapenos.
7. To make this queso more hearty, include some meat. Try adding one pound of cooked hot Italian sausage or seasoned, cooked, ground beef taco meat.
You May Like: How To Make Cheese Dip Out Of Velveeta
How To Make Cheese Dip
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half and cornstarch until smooth.
- Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 30 seconds, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in cheese and return to low heat and stir to fully melt cheese. Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Note that the sauce will not reheat well so scale as needed.
Tips For The Best Cheese Dip
- The cheese dip will be a little runny at first, but will nicely thicken as it cools. With that said, this dip is best enjoyed right after making.
- You can always scale down the ingredients for a smaller party or make a double batch for a bigger game day get-together.
- Buy the best quality cheddar cheese you can for the best flavor.
You May Like: How Much Does Chuck E Cheese Pay An Hour
Crock Pot Queso Recipe
Queso Dip is AMAZING. Some call it fundido, some call it nacho cheese dip and others just call it Queso. Either way your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant is going to have a version and its likely the most popular item on their menu.
Who would say no to a giant bowl of melted cheese with a pile of tortilla chips. And all done in the crock pot easy and delicious!