How To Make Homemade Velveeta Mac And Cheese
Velveeta Shells And Cheese Add
Baked Velveeta mac and cheese tastes wonderful as is, but there are plenty of add-in options. Check out these tasty ideas:
- Veggies: Add 2 to 3 cups cooked or sautéed veggies to round out the meal. Try broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, spinach, or mushrooms.
- Bacon: Anything is better with bacon, right? Crumble a few strips crispy bacon over your mac and cheese before serving.
- Chicken: Add sliced baked or seared chicken breasts .
- Tuna: To make tuna mac and cheese, drain 2 cans of tuna and stir in when you add the pasta.
- Cheeseburger: Add 1 lb seasoned, browned beef and 1/3 cup ketchup or tomato paste .
- Pumpkin: Give Velveeta mac n cheese a fall makeover by stirring 1/2 can of pumpkin puree into the pasta.
- Jalapeños: Add a handful of fresh or pickled jalapeños and 1-2 teaspoons salsa seasoning mix.
- Gluten-free: To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta. Cornstarch is naturally gluten-free.
Have You Ever Seen A Prettier Mac And Cheese
This mac and cheese is a people pleaser! I mean, right now the only people Ive been serving it to are myself and Mike, but boy oh boy does it hit the spot, especially after coming in from a crisp and cold walk. Super hearty and heartwarming, so cheesy and so easy.
This super easy homemade recipe is made on the stovetop and can be enjoyed as is, or baked. I like it straight from the stovetop into a bowl, with a spoon because its the ultimate in cozy.
I love this mac and cheese because it works as both a main and a side. Ill serve it up with a salad as a main or as the most amazing side at Thanksgiving. Velveeta mac and cheese can do it all!
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Cooper Sharp Cheese
Velveeta Original Easy Mac Shells And Cheese Big Cup
- Eight 5.13 oz. big cup of Velveeta Original Shells and Cheese
- Velveeta Original Shells and Cheese Cups are an easy dinner thats ready in 5 minutes
- Easy shells and cheese meal includes shell pasta and original cheese sauce
- Contains no trans fats per serving
- Macaroni and cheese is a classic single serve meal or dorm food
Mac And Cheese Ingredients
- Cheese: Sharp cheddar gives this baked mac and cheese tons of flavor. The addition of gruyere to the cheese sauce in this recipe is next level but of course whatever you have on and will work just do not use pre-shredded cheese.
- Macaroni: I use a traditional elbow macaroni but any short pasta will work. Shells are great choices! Cook al dente as the pasta cooks more as it bakes.
- Topping: The most perfect buttery crumb topping is one of my favorite parts of this recipe. Add in bacon, more parm, crushed crackers pretty much anything with crunch will work!
Also Check: Freddys Sauce
Don’t Miss: How Much Sodium In Cottage Cheese
Can I Serve Velveeta Cheese Sauce For Broccoli
For a delicious and light dinner snack, now Velveeta cheese sauce is often served with a variety of vegetables that have been boiled or baked. This dish will feel soft and comfortable in the mouth, not for a daily dinner only, this dish can also be served for thanksgiving or other events because of its special.
You can make it by washing and cutting the broccoli, then put it in a baking dish after which pour the sauce over it and bake it at 350 degrees until the broccoli is cooked through. The sauce on top will produce the perfect dish.
Creamy Stovetop Mac And Cheese
Published: by Jocelyn Â· This post may contain affiliate links Â·
See why this Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese will become your family’s new favorite cheesy pasta. This easy homemade mac and cheese is ready from start to finish in less than 20 minutes. Say goodby to the box mix and hello to the creamiest mac and cheese recipe ever!
Don’t Miss: Is Cottage Cheese On A Keto Diet
How To Cook Velveeta Shells And Cheese In The Microwave
Original Velveeta Shells & Cheese is a product from Kraft Foods. It is similar to macaroni and cheese, but it includes small shell pasta instead of macaroni and creamy Velveeta cheese sauce instead of a powdered cheese mix. Velveeta Shells & Cheese comes in the traditional large package that you cook on the stove top, or in a single-serve microwave version, though you can prepare either in the microwave. You should eat Velveeta Shells & Cheese only occasionally, however, because a 1-cup serving contains 12 g of fat, 49 g of carbohydrates and 940 mg of sodium.
What Is The Equivalent Of Velveeta Cheese
5 answers. If you want the smoothness of processed processed cheese, but dont have the added hassle of making your own processed cheese, you can use processed cheese in other flavors, such as Swiss, hot cheddar, extra hot cheddar, and pepper jack. . Another option is processed cheese in cans or glasses in a variety of flavors.
Also Check: Can You Make Mac And Cheese In The Microwave
Velveeta Mac And Cheese Recipe
In the kitchen, Im all about easy.
I like recipes with short ingredient lists and easy directions.
I also like comfort food. So homemade mac and cheese with Velveeta is one of my go-to recipes when I want an easy macaroni recipe that I know will be creamy and delicious.
This recipe has three ingredients and you can make it in less than 30 minutes!
Oh, and another great thing about easy mac and cheese is that it appeals to most picky eaters too!
What Can I Add To Mac And Cheese To Make It Taste Better
1. Spice up your regular Mac. Adding spices to your macaroni and cheese might be the easiest and most affordable way to add some extra flavor. Basic spices you may already have in your pantry that would work well include red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, chili, onion, and garlic powder.
Also Check: Is Kraft Mac And Cheese Vegetarian
More Mac And Cheese Recipes
If you love mac and cheese as much as I do, here are a few more recipes you must try! They are so easy and full of gooey, cheesy flavor. Pair them with garlic bread for a knockout meal!
Country Hill Cottage Ltd. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that we may earn a small commission from some of the links in our posts. Learn more
You’re welcome to link to Country Hill Cottage or use a single image with a brief description to link back to any post. Republishing posts in their entirety is prohibited. Feel free to pin on Pinterest!
Recipe Tips & Tricks:
- Ive made this recipe with the same cheese sauce any where from 2 cups of pasta and broth to 3 cups of pasta and broth adjust the amount of macaroni to make it more or less cheesy
- Chicken broth adds more flavor than water alone
- Cooking time varies with different pressure cookers, so cook pasta and broth, then taste test a piece of pasta for doneness before adding remaining ingredients
- This recipe is designed for smaller pieces of pasta like shells, elbows or other small noodles
- I always like to use a combination of cheese as the contrasting flavors makes mac and cheese so much better, you substitute the cheddar cheese for another type if desired
- Purchasing a block of cheese and shredding it yourself will help it to melt and do the famous cheese pull better than pre-shredded cheese which has an anti-caking agent on it
- Cut Velveeta into 1 1/2 to 2 cubes so theyll melt easier than a larger block
- Avoid pressure cooking dairy products as they will curdle, allow remaining heat in the pot to warm them up and melt them
- This recipe works well in any size of pressure cooker, a 4 quart works for a smaller batch, I typically use a 6 or 8 quart appliance so that I can make bigger batches just dont fill pot over half full with pasta and broth.
You May Like: Is Kraft Parmesan Cheese Vegetarian
What Can You Add To Homemade Mac And Cheese
- Feel free to use your favorite cheese in place of the cheddar cheese. Pepper jack or chipotle cheese will give it a spicy kick. Mozzarella cheese will add more cheesy strings.
- Stir in bacon, chicken, ham, or any other meat you love.
- You can also add different veggies to change it up. Peas, broccoli, peppers, or tomatoes are all delicious in it.
- Top it with extra shredded cheese and Panko or Ritz cracker crumbs and bake it for 20 minutes.
Read Also: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
What Are The Ingredients In Velveeta
WHEY, MILK, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CANOLA OIL, SODIUM CITRATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF GELATIN, SALT, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID, SORBIC ACID AS A PRESERVATIVE, MILKFAT, CHEESE CULTURE, PAPRIKA EXTRACT AND ANNATTO , ENZYMES, NATURAL FLAVOR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE.
Read Also: Do You Eat Cheese On The Keto Diet
Homemade Cheese Sauce For Broccoli
This is what I used it on most of all. I love this green veggie but yes I do believe that cheddar cheese sauce just makes everything better. These are the 3 ways we make it and then smother this goodness all over the top:
You will want a food processor to blend this all together. If you dont have one just use a blender instead, that will work.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Freddys Fry Sauce
Its Important To Find The Ebt Velveeta Shells And Cheese Cups Product That Has The Functions You Need
It might not feel great at first, but in the long run, it will be worth your while! The ebt velveeta shells and cheese cups product with the best functions is a great investment. You cant go wrong when you buy something that provides these much-needed features!
When it comes to buying a ebt velveeta shells and cheese cups product, you want the best functions for your money.
A common mistake that many people make is only looking at price tags and neglecting other important things like quality assurance or customer service when making their selection.
The best way to buy a ebt velveeta shells and cheese cups product is by figuring out what its going to do for you. Take time researching and figure out which functions are most important in your life, then choose the one with those features!
Don’t Miss: How To Make Mac And Cheese Recipe Step By Step
How To Make Skillet Mac & Cheese
Start with a large 9 or 10 inch skillet, it needs to have a lid that will fit on the top. Add 2 ¾ cups of water and the 1 teaspoon salt to the skillet, let it come to a hard simmer over medium-high heat. Once the liquid begins to bubble add in the macaroni noodles and allow the pan to come to a boil.
Turn the heat to low, give the pan a stir, and pop the lid on. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
NOTE- the pan may sputter out the sides a little, but it shouldnt boil over. If you quickly lift the lid for a second it will simmer down a little.
While it cooks cube the cheese into ½-1 inch cubes.
Take the lid off and turn the heat up to medium. Add ½ cup of milk, 1 Tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt, and the cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted completely.
Take the skillet off the heat and let it sit to thicken and cool for about 4-5 minutes.
Taste your mac and cheese to see if you want more salt or seasoning salt. While I was testing this recipe sometimes I liked a little more seasoning salt and sometimes I thought it was great as is.
Why Use Velveeta For Mac And Cheese
Yes! Velveeta, a processed cheese product similar to American cheese, is an excellent option for mac and cheese. It creates a super silky and creamy texture that is smoother than any other cheese.
Velveeta melts incredibly well without separating or clumping. Mac and cheese benefits greatly from the superb meltability because Velveeta holds the sauce together and doesnt clump or split.
When other high-fat cheeses are heated, they can separate into clumps of protein in pools of liquid fat. Not so Velveeta! It contains emulsifiers that ensure smooth melting and help to retain this smoothness.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Make Mac And Cheese Creamier
How Do You Usually Make Mac And Cheese
Grab this recipe, plus 5 more quick and frugal meals, all in one convenient printable pack. Includes a printable shopping list, 15 side dish ideas, and a weekly meal planner! More details HERE.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Can You Make Stove Top Mac And Cheese Ahead Of Time
Yes. It reheats very well. You can place it in a covered dish and refrigerate it for up to 4 days. Spoon the pasta into a pot over low-medium heat and stir until creamy.
Or place it in an oven safe dish and bake until heated through. If you are making baked mac and cheese, make sure to undercook your pasta by one minute.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Cooper Cheese
Instant Pot Sausage And Pasta
Cut precooked smoked sausage or Kielbasa into slices or chunks. Turn pot to sautee setting and add 1 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Once oil is hot add sausage and turn until brown.
If using raw sausage cook until no more pink remains.
Once meat is done set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
Add chicken broth to the pan, then add pasta and follow the recipe. Once pasta is cooked, add cooked or browned meat and cheese into the pot and stir well.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time
Yes, you can make the mac and cheese sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Just reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave when youre ready to use it.
You can also bake the mac and cheese ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Just reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees until its hot and bubbly.
How To Reheat Mac And Cheese
Velveeta Mac and Cheese is super easy to store, freeze, and reheat, too!
- To Store: Scoop mac and cheese into a zippered bag or a container with a tightly fitting lid. Keep refrigerated until ready to reheat.
- To Freeze: Use an airtight container but be sure to label the zippered bag or container with the date. Frozen mac and cheese should keep in the freezer about two months.
- To Reheat: Pop in the microwave or heat up on the stovetop. Add a little bit of milk to loosen it up and dont forget to refresh the flavors with a dash of salt and pepper!
Velveeta Cheese Creamy Baked Mac And Cheese
Easiest way to cook tasty velveeta cheese creamy baked mac and cheese. Spring into jill martins birthday bonus with beauty and fashion up to 82% off sections show more follow today baking directions: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
Cookistry: Mac and Cheese in a cast iron pan cook it on from 4.bp.blogspot.com
Youll love the ease of this tasty dish. Cook 11 minutes, or as per package directions. This baked macaroni and cheese recipe is creamy and flavorful Drain, and return to the pot. While the pasta cooks, melt 4 tbs. Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions. It is topped with buttery croissant crumbs, adding a crispy finish. You can toss your other tuna casserole recipes, cause this ones the ultimate!
Recommended Reading: Can I Order Pizza From Chuck E Cheese
Stovetop Mac And Cheese Tips
Use quality cheddar cheese. The cheese is the predominant flavor here . I prefer sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese for maximum cheddar flavor.
Grate the cheese by hand. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with starch or cellulose to prevent the shreds from sticking together. Those unnecessary ingredients can prevent you from obtaining a perfectly creamy melted cheese sauce.
Better pasta makes better mac and cheese. I love Montebellos organic strozzapretti noodles . I buy them at Natural Grocers or my local health food store.
Make sure your ingredients are measured and ready. This recipe comes together so quickly. You wont have time to measure the ingredients before its time to add the next one!
Dont overcook the cream. Letting the cream boil too long reduces the moisture content to the point that the cheese sauce ends up stringy. Start the one-minute timer once it starts boiling and you will end up with perfect sauce.
Donât Miss: How To Make Baked Mac And Cheese With Sour Cream