How To Make Cheese Dip
Step one As always, measure out the ingredients. We like a good strong cheddar, but use your favourite cheese.
You need grated cheese, cornflour, milk, and some garlic powder, as well as turmeric and tomato puree for colour.
Step two Mix together the grated cheese and cornflour, until the cheese is well coated. I find the easiest way to do this is to tip it into a plastic box and give it a good shake.
Step three Add all the ingredients to a saucepan. Heat gently for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
Step four The cheese will melt into the milk. Keep stirring!
Step five When the dip has thickened, serve immediately. If you want to make it in advance, you can set it aside and then reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds on half power.
Hot Gooey Melted Cheese
I love this seriously easy cheddar cheese dip rich, hot gooey and unctuous, its perfect for an evening on the sofa with a box set.
Serve with crisps, crackers, crusty bread or raw vegetable crudités and just dip! Share with friends or keep it all to yourself!
In the past, I have followed elaborate instructions for fancy cheese fondue with gorgeous results, but this super easy hot cheese dip recipe is my new favourite. Quick and simple, its great for a friends and family fondue night without the need for a fancy fondue pan.
The secret to this easy hot dip is using cornflour. It thickens the sauce and gives that lovely takeout-style gloopyness.
This Hot Cheese Dip Recipe Is As Easy As 1
That’s it! Now all you have to do is gather your dippers and dig in.
Speaking of dippers
Unless you’re serving this to a group of low carb/ keto pals, crackers are a must. The crunchy cheesy combo totally wins. My favorite are gluten-free rice crackers cause they’re extra crunchy.
But don’t forget the veggies! This hot cheese dip goes really well with veggies and you’ll be surprised how many times you find yourself reaching for a piece of broccoli or some celery to scoop the cheese.
We all know that veggies covered in cheese sauce are magical. Dipping them in a hot cheese dip is pretty much the same thing only way more fun at a holiday party.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
You May Like: Can I Eat Mac And Cheese On Keto
Pack It Into A Baking Dish Then Bake
Now it’s time to turn your dip bubbly. Preheat your oven to 375Â°F and transfer your dip creation to a baking dish, casserole, or oven-proof skillet. Pretty much any size worksâjust make sure it’s pretty wide to get more bubbly golden-brown surface area. If you have too much dip to fit in your preferred vessel, fear notâpack the leftovers into a resealable container, and refrigerate for a few days until the craving for baked cheesy dip strikes again. Top the surface of the dip with more grated cheese and/or some breadcrumbs for crunch, and put your baking dish on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet before putting it in the oven to protect your oven from drips. Pop it in the oven and bake until bubbling, 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your baking dish. Once the dip is done, let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes before digging in with chips/bread/pita/spoons if you canâyou’ll save yourself from dip-induced mouth burns.
Sweet Dessert Cream Cheese Dips
Dips arent just for appetizers. They make really great crowd-favorite desserts too!
Dessert dips are best served with Nilla wafers, fruit, animal crackers, graham crackers, wafer cookies, or pretzels.
Here are some really easy dessert dip recipes!
24. Butterfinger Cream Cheese Dip
This mind-blowing dip only has 4 ingredients. Its delicious with apples. Everyone will be obsessed with it!
Recommended Reading: How Much Salt In Swiss Cheese
Is Velveeta Real Cheese
At the forefront of Velveetas list of ingredients are milk, water, whey, and milk protein concentrate. Milk protein concentrate is a concentrated milk product that contains 40-90% milk.
As far as the U.S. government is concerned, MPC is not an ingredient found in a cheese spread. The FDA ruled that because MPC was listed as an ingredient, Kraft could not identify this velvety, smooth product as a cheese spread, but rather a cheese product.
So is it technically real cheese? No. It is not, however, it is absolutely perfect for making Velveeta Cheese Dip.
Important Ingredients For Microwave Cheese Dip
The base of this simple recipe, lightly adapted from Bon Appetit, is made up of three simple ingredients when combined create a smooth and creamy cheese dip.
- Real mild cheddar cheese and fontina cheese: Be sure to buy blocks of cheese and grate it yourself. You will need 8 ounces total of cheese which should be weighed before you shred it.
- Ive tested this recipe using cups of shredded cheese and have gotten mixed results because the total amount of cheese will vary depending on how tightly you pack it into the measuring cup.
- I havent tested this recipe with pre-shredded cheese. If you do please let me know how it went in the comments!
- Cornstarch: Because were using real cheese we need a stabilizer, in this case, cornstarch, so that the cheese melts evenly and doesnt get stringy.
- Evaporated milk is the other secret ingredient used to create a smooth and creamy dip. Its more concentrated than regular milk and cream resulting in a smooth and shiny dip.
Don’t Miss: Is Low Fat Cottage Cheese Good For Diabetics
Tips For The Best Spinach Dip
- How to Thaw Spinach: place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl or plate and microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes or until it is soft. After that, you can remove the excess moisture by pressing it in a kitchen towel, cheese cloth or with a mesh strainer.
- Full Fat: Use full fat dairy products, not light or fat free. This dip is delicious because it is decadent and cheesy. If you use low fat products instead, the final flavor and feel of the dip will be lacking.
- Other Add-Ins: throw in 1/2 a cup or so of sun-dried tomatoes or a cup of chopped artichoke hearts to bring even more great flavor to the dip!
Why Youll Love My Seriously Easy Cheese Dip
- The easy cheese dip recipe is super easy, taking just moments to make.
- Save money! Dont spend pounds buying a ready-made cheese melting pot, when the ingredients for this dip cost just pennies.
- With only six ingredients, my hot cheese dip has no preservatives unlike shop bought ready made melting pots.
- Its a forgiving and adaptable recipe, so you can easily change the cheese to your favourite, and add or subtract spices to your taste and your mood.
- Make ahead and reheat in the microwave.
- Add extra liquid to make an easy gluten free cheese sauce perfect for pasta
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Provolone Cheese
Tips For Cheese Sauce Success
Here are a few tips to help make sure your nacho cheese sauce is a success:
- Make sure to cook the flour in the butter for one minute. This helps cook out the floury flavor.
- Use medium cheddar for smoother results. Sharp cheddar tends to break or become grainy easier than medium cheddar.
- Remove the pot from the heat before stirring in the cheese. Overheating the sauce once the cheese has been added can cause the sauce to seize up and become thick and/or grainy. If needed, use only low heat to help the cheese fully melt.
- Use block cheese and hand shred it when possible. Pre-shredded cheeses sometimes contain a lot of anti-caking powders, which can cause a powdery flavor in your cheese sauce.
Scroll down for the step by step photos!
How To Thicken Your Cheese Sauce
The best way to thicken your homemade queso is to use cornstarch as the thickening agent instead of flour.
It can be tricky to know when to choose cornstarch and when to choose flour. But the general rule of thumb is that if you plan to cook something a long time, use flour, and if you need your thickening agent to act quickly, use cornstarch.
Flour produces a much better flavor over time, but must be cooked quite a bit to ensure your recipe is smooth, not gritty.
Also Check: What Cheese Is Best For Keto
What Is Queso Is It Just Melted Cheese
The literal translation of queso is cheese, but when we talk about it, were talking specifically about the melty, liquidy, amazing goodness that is queso DIP. I always think of the traditional kind you get at Mexican restaurants, which is why I wanted make this authentic white queso recipe.
This is truly the cheese dip of your DREAMS! Its a copycat recipe from your favorite restaurant. Ive loaded mine with green chiles, spices, and topped with cilantro, jalapeños, and tomatoes. Perfect!
Queso is meant for a Party
Spicy Cheese Sauce Recipe
Want a great hot cheese sauce to add to your recipe collection? Try this hot and smoky cheddar cheese sauce we promise you wont be disappointed! Cabot Habanero Cheddar and smoked paprika combine perfectly, resulting in a wonderfully rich, smoky cheese sauce youll love. Make, enjoy, and then share this recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make this hot cheese sauce, youll start by melting 2 tablespoons of Cabot Unsalted Butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux and then whisk in milk until smooth. Add in salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly for about 2 to 4 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and smoked paprika until smooth, and its all set to enjoy. This sauce is a great accompaniment to mashed potatoes, onion rings, and fries, and is especially delicious served over pork chops or on a burger!
Not feeling the heat? You can always make a milder version by using ¾ cup of Habanero Cheddar and ¾ cup of Seriously Sharp Cheddar instead of all Hot Habanero Cheddar. While we dont think youll have any leftovers of this sauce, it does refrigerate well if you do.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Velveeta Cheese Sauce
Delicious Cream Cheese Dips
You know what is ALWAYS a crowd favorite? A cream cheese dip!
Maybe youre having a party, bringing a dish to a BBQ or potluck, or want to make a delicious tailgate snack.
Lucky for you, these easy and simple dip recipes are so good that everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
Cream cheese dips range from cold to hot, and sweet to savory. They are delicious for ANY reason or season from summer parties to Christmas gatherings to Fall game days.
Depending on the type of dip, you can serve them with everything from fruit and veggies to potato chips, tortilla chips, or as a spread on crackers. The possibilities are endless!
Lets dive in!
Three: Choose Your Dippers
Get the Recipes: Crockpot Fondue,Blushing Cheese Dip
Now that youve put your dip together, youll want to decide what to dip in it. Fruit, vegetables, tortillas and bits of toast are obvious choices, but you can also of course provide other dippers, like chicken fingers, fries, and pretzels. As long as it tastes good covered in cheese, you can bet that it will go well with the dip.
Read Also: How To Make Cheese Dip With Shredded Cheese
Warm & Cheesy Crack Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients mix well.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Removed from the oven, uncover, and top with more shredded cheddar cheese and green onion for garnish. Serve warm.
How To Make White Queso In A Slow Cooker:
Read Also: Does Chuck E Cheese Use Tokens
Can This Dip Be Made In Advance
You can prepare and refrigerate this dip a couple of hours before you plan to serve it. Hold off on baking it until about 30 minutes before youre ready to eat, though, because it is best served warm from the oven.
Spinach dip can definitely be stored in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Upgrade any party spread with the addition of this creamy Hot Spinach Dip. It will disappear in minutes, with everyone taking seconds and thirds!
Tips For The Best Rotel Dip
Here are a few tips that will help you make the best cheese Rotel dip:
- Serve your dip as soon as its ready. Since it is a cheese dip, it will harden as it cools and we dont want that. Of course, if you want seconds, just reheat it and you will have yourself a great melty dip again.
- Dont forget to drain the fat off your ground beef for the best flavor before adding in the cheese and the Rotel.
- Serve your dip with corn chips or flat bread.
Read Also: How To Make Cheese Sauce
What To Serve With Velveeta Cheese Dip
Be sure to have the tortilla chips handy when serving up any form of queso. You could also serve this dip with Fritos as well.
If youre looking for classic Tex-Mex dips to serve with your Velveeta Cheese Dip, you cant go wrong any of the following recipes:
And, youll absolutely swoon for our Chili Cheese Queso Dip! Bookmark the recipe for next time!
Want To Skip The Processed Cheese Make Rotel Dip With Cream Cheese Only
Sometimes, if I am going for something a little less traditional or just want to skip the processed block of cheese, I use cream cheese instead.
To replace the velveeta cheese in this recipe, simply replace it by using an 8 ounce cream cheese package. If you feel like the consistency is too thick for your liking, thin it out using 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the perfect consistency.
Recommended Reading: Who Moved My Cheese Audio
Start With A Block Of Cream Cheese
The most versatile base for hot dips is simple and pure cream cheese. It’s the glue that holds everything together in the best creamy way.
Unless you’re making a cheesy baked dip for just one two or four, go ahead and start off with a full standard 8-ounce block of cream cheese. You’re more likely than not making this for a party, right? So start big. Depending on how many things you mix into your dip, starting with one block of cream cheese will make you about 3 cups of dip, enough to feed about 8 to 10 people depending on how much dip they go for.
Let your cream cheese sit out on the counter until it reaches room temperature. Or, if you can’t wait, chop it up and toss it into a microwave-proof bowl and zap it briefly a few times until it’s room temp.
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HOT BACON CHEESE DIP
- Cheese: You can experiment with your Hot Bacon Cheese Dip by using different types of cheese. Along with the shredded cheddar cheese try mixing in Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack, American, or mozzarella cheese.
- Spicy dip: For a little extra heat in your Hot Bacon Cheese Dip, try adding cayenne pepper flakes or mixing in a little hot sauce. Make sure to add the spicy ingredients slowly to the Hot Bacon Cheese Dip. That way you dont end up with something too spicy to eat.
- Add-ins: For more variations try mixing in a teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or fresh parsley with the Hot Bacon Cheese Dip. You can have fun experimenting with different herbs and seasonings. You could even chop up some green onion or chives to sprinkle over the top before serving.
MORE BACON APPETIZER RECIPES
Also Check: How You Make Macaroni And Cheese
How Do You Make Cheese Sauce From Scratch
This homemade cheese sauce is ready to enjoy in almost no time because the recipe is so simple. It uses well known ingredients that are easy to work with and prepare. You will be so glad you have this recipe in your collection!
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Your cheese will start to get clumpy or stringy if it gets too hot. To avoid this, add the cheese end at the very end, then promptly remove it from the heat.
Can You Make Rotel Dip In Advance
To make Rotel ahead of time, follow the instructions on the recipe, let the mixture cool down, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigirate it until you are ready to serve.
Once you are ready to serve this delicious cheesy dip, reheat it on the stove and serve.
The only tip I have about making this Rotel dip ahead of time would be to make it no longer than 24 hours before you are planning on serving it or having it.
Recommended Reading: What Color Is Cheddar Cheese