Tips For Making And Storing Rotel Cheese Dip
- Make in the microwave. Place all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and heat on high for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave carefully it will be hot. Stir well. Heat for one additional minute and stir. Continue heating in 1-minute increments until the cheese melts.
- Make in a slow cooker. Spray the insert of the slow cooker with oil to help keep the cheese from sticking. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and set it on low for 2 hours. Cover and stir after an hour. This nacho cheese dip has the perfect consistency when made in your crockpot.
- Serve hot. Keep the queso dip warm by using a mini slow cooker set to warm setting or a fondue set.
- Throw away any Velveeta Rotel dip you served. You can store unserved Rotel cheese dip for 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. If you add meat to the Rotel dip recipe, you should eat it within two days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It has to be one of the easiest dips you can prepare. This is one of the cheesy dips that make frequent appearances at my house.
Using A Double Boiler
Cut the Velveeta cheese into bite-sized cubes that are roughly around Â½ inch by Â½ inch cubes. Doing so will help the cheese to melt faster. In the lower half of a double boiler, bring some water to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat. Add a dollop of butter to the smaller vessel or the upper half of the double boiler and allow it to melt. This will prevent the cheese from sticking to the bowl. Add in the cheese to the butter and stir it in well. Mix it continuously with a spoon till it melts thoroughly.
Note: As you havent added in any milk to the cheese, you will get thick creamy cheese, and the cheese might solidify as its temperature cools.
You May Like: How To Make Baked Macaroni And Cheese With Sour Cream
Tips For The Best Rotel Dip
Here are a few tips that will help you make the best cheese Rotel dip:
- Serve your dip as soon as its ready. Since it is a cheese dip, it will harden as it cools and we dont want that. Of course, if you want seconds, just reheat it and you will have yourself a great melty dip again.
- Dont forget to drain the fat off your ground beef for the best flavor before adding in the cheese and the Rotel.
- Serve your dip with corn chips or flat bread.
Also Check: How Long Will Babybel Cheese Last Unrefrigerated
Is Velveeta Really Cheese
Originally Velveeta was made from real cheese. Today, its mainly whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, milk, fat, and preservatives. By the Food and Drink Administrations standards, thats not real cheesewhich is why the FDA forced Kraft to change its label from « cheese spread » to « cheese product. »
How To Make This Rotel Dip Recipe
The ultimate appetizer, Rotel Dip couldnt get any easier to make:
Also Check: Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
Instant Pot Sausage Rotel Dip
This recipe for Instant Pot Sausage Rotel Dip uses Velveeta, Rotel, cream cheese, and hot breakfast sausage to make an out-of-this-world tailgate appetizer that everyone will love! Can also sub ground beef or chicken for the meat.
Here you have it my absolute, end-all-be-all, favorite recipe on the planet.
Ive had gourmet food all over the world. Ive had some of the finest delicacies on the planet. But, if I had to choose my last meal right now, it would be Rotel Dip thats the honest truth. I could probably take out one of these whole recipes in just a few days. Give me a bag a chips and a big bowl of Rotel dip, and Im set!
And, for you Instant Pot fans, its totally possible to make this in the Instant Pot! Its so nice to be able to brown the sausage, marry the flavors of the meat and Rotel, and easily melt the cheese in one place. Yes, its completely ok to make this in the microwave/stovetop as well this method just allows you to do everything quicker and with less dishes. Ill take that option any day of the week.
Get ready for the most addictive, delicious tailgate appetizer youll ever meet. Its rare that this recipe makes it home when taken to a friends house. Everybody loves it!
Not a big sausage fan? No problem. You can use ground beef, rotisserie chicken, or even pulled pork in this Rotel dip any combination is delicious! Ive even made it without meat beforeits still amazing, but something about that hot sausage really sets off the flavor.
Notes Tips And Variations
Like all great recipes, you can also tweak this to your preferences.
- SUBSTITUTE THE MEAT Usually, ground beef is used for for this dip, but you can substitute ground chicken, ground turkey or even sausage! You could even use spicy sausage or chorizo to give it some more kick!
- ADD TACO SEASONING? We give you the option of adding some chili powder. But you could also add some spice by using taco seasoning when browning your ground beef.
- ROTEL TOMATOES- Often times, ROTEL Tomatoes come in different spice levels. You can play with this to your liking.
- CHANGE THE CONSISTENCY? You can add some cream cheese to the mixture to make it a little more creamy. Add a little at a time to get it to your liking. Also, if your dip feels to thick, you an add a little milk until it thins up!
How To Make Rotel With Shredded Cheese
Skip the Velveeta and make this fan favorite gameday snack with shredded cheese, chili powder, milk and Rotel tomatoes.
I hear theres a big game coming up this weekend.
I wouldnt know, honestly. For all the angst and worry I devote to the college football season, I barely blink when theres an NFL game on. But I live in a home with two fairly devoted pro-football watchers, so they keep me up to speed on that side of the sporting world.
This years Super Bowl will, no doubt, look VERY different from years past. So why not serve a VERY different version of a gameday favorite Rotel dip. Skip the Velveeta and making it with freshly shredded cheese instead!
As you probably know, traditional Rotel dip calls for Velveeta. And while pasteurized process cheese food is weirdly impressive in its shelf-stability and ease of melting, its just not the kind of cheese I keep on hand I always have cheddar, chili seasoning and milk add a can of Rotel tomatoes and youre on your way.
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
Option : Use A Slow Cooker
Your next option is to use a slow cooker. Just like in the microwave method, the first thing you need to do is shred the cheese into smaller pieces.
For this method, we recommend using a pound of Velveeta cheese. You should add the cheese straight into the slow cooker and cover it, leaving it to boil on low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
Please note that this method does not require you to add any butter or milk to the slow cooker as you are cooking it on a very low heat.
To stop the cheese from getting clumpy, we recommend regularly stirring it throughout the 30 minutes that it is in the slow cooker.
Once the 30 minutes have passed, you should replace the lid on the slow cooker and leave the cheese to cook for between 1-2 hours.
During this time you should not stir the cheese or remove the lid as this could damage its consistency. After this, the cheese will be ready to serve, so simply keep it warm until you are ready to eat.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Instant Pot Creamy Sausage And Rotel Soup
Instant Pot Creamy Sausage and Rotel Soup. Delicious and fast. Perfect for a cozy winter night. Love sausage and rotel dip? You are going to love this twist into soup! Keto/gluten free/ primal.
Happy Sunday friends! Actually happy Instant Pot Soup Sunday! Whats Soup Sunday? Well thank you so much for asking.
Today is our first day of a series called Instant Pot Soup Sunday! Each Sunday for the next 4 weeks a new delicious instant pot soup will be here waiting for you to read all about! I cant wait for you to see all the delicious, easy and fast instant pot soups that will all be gluten free.
Instant Pot Cheesy Hamburger Dip
*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Cheesy Hamburger Dip is a meat and cheese dip match made in food heaven. Savory beef flavored with onions and taco seasoning is blended with creamy cheese, tomatoes, and green chiles. If youre looking for a cheesy hamburger dip to feed a crowd, this is it! Meaty, cheesy, and great for sharing!
Dips are just something we love! Most of our savory dips use flour and butter as a base.
It needed to be something similar to our beef queso dip but easier. More of a dump and go type of recipe.
After several attempts, we created a hamburger dip recipe that is flavorful, simple, and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
All you need is a few ingredients and an Instant Pot!
Ive listed some best practice tips below, including one about which type of meat we use. Be sure to check it out before you go!
Dont Miss: Instant Pot Saute
Recommended Reading: Where Is Babybel Cheese Made
How To Make Rotel Dip In The Crockpot
Making it in a Crockpot is a great way to keep it warm during your party or while watching the big game!
- Start by browning the ground beef and drain off the excess grease.
- Then, add all the ingredients except the sour cream to the slow cooker and turn to low and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Once, the Velveeta cheese has completely melted, add in the sour cream and stir everything together. When you are ready to serve. Set the slow cooker to warm to keep the dip from solidifying.
How To Do You Make Rotel Cheese Dip Without Velveeta
I will be the first to admit that we always make this with Velveeta . Its not an ingredient I use oftenin fact, this is probably one of the only recipes I use it in. But theres just something a little nostalgic about it to me.
That being said, you can substitute the processed cheese for cream cheese and a little shredded cheddar. The consistency will be a little different, but its still delicious.
My family typically makes this dip without meat. But, if you want to add some cooked ground beef, sausage, or a vegetarian group meat to this dip, its a great addition!
And, Im curious, how many of you make this dip at family get-togethers? I sort of think of it as a Midwest thing, but honestly I am not even sure thats true.
So, let me know in the comments if your family makes a version of this too. xo. Emma
You May Like: Domino’s Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Sauce
Instant Pot Soup Sunday Number One
We are starting today off with a creamy tomatoey, little bit spicy, sausage instant pot soup. This instant pot creamy sausage and rotel soup screams winter comfort food. It is currently 28 degrees here in the Cincinnati area and Im dreaming of this creamy sausage soup.
There is a lot to be said for a quick amazing soup you can have when its below freezing outside. This Keto friendly, low carb, and primal instant pot soup is ready in almost 30 minutes!
Technically, the soup is prepped and cooked in under 28 minutes! But you still have to add your cheeses so lets say you can eat this soup in 33 minutes. Not too bad right? That is easy enough to do on a weekday night!
And thanks to the instant pot this creamy sausage soup is pretty much hands off while the instant pot does its thang! And boy does an instant pot do its thang so well.
Ive never typed the word thang in my life. Just thought I would use it a couple times to see if I liked it. I dont. Thang will no longer be used on this blog. I promise.
How Do I Make Velveeta Queso Without Rotel Tomatoes
Recommended Reading: Philly Steak Dominos Topping
How Do You Melt Velveeta Singles
Melt Velveeta in the Microwave If you dont have a box grater or food processor, cube the Velveeta the smaller the cubes, the more quickly the Velveeta melts. Place the shredded cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for two minutes. Stir the Velveeta and repeat until the cheese is melted.
Can This Dip Be Made In Advance
A great way to keep this easy dip recipe warm after cooking it on the stovetop is to use your slow cooker! Just add the cooked dip to the crock and set on warm.
If youd like to make this rotel sausage dip the day before your gathering, just allow the dip to cool and then store in the fridge until youre ready to eat it. Heat on the stove or in a crock pot. You may need to add a little milk to help the dip not be too thick.
Recommended Reading: Tallarico’s Steak Sandwich Sauce Recipe
Get The Same Ingredients For This Velveeta Queso Without Rotel Tomatoes:
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and fromMisfits Market they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and its purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get$10 off your first box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive think again, and giveMisfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this vegetarian and gluten free Velveeta queso without rotel recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Lets keep in touch make sure to to get fresh recipes weekly. And dont forget to follow over on , & Id love to connect with you there!
Suggestions For Nacho Cheese Dip
- For a heartier version of this cheese dip, cook up some ground Italian sausage, pat off excess grease and stir in after the cheese is melted.
- You could also add diced chicken, ham, bacon, or sliced summer sausage for a meatier version.
- The secret to this sauces spiciness is using a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles. If you prefer a little less of a kick, use a can of diced tomatoes without the green chiles.
- You can quickly make this sauce in the microwave, stirring every 2-3 minutes until fully melted. Or you can toss it all in the Crock pot and let it melt slowly on low. It stays nice and warm for all night parties.
- Serve this dip along with a tray of carrots, pea pods, broccoli, cauliflower, celery sticks and red pepper slices for a healthier snack. Of course, a pile of tortilla chips tastes absolutely delicious too!
- Top your bowl of nacho cheese dip with sour cream, diced onions, cilantro, green onion or guacamole. There is no wrong way to serve this cheesy bowl of goodness. This recipe makes the very best plate of nachos in a snap!
- To reheat leftovers, simply microwave on high for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid hot spots.
Also Check: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Don’t Miss: How Long Can Babybel Cheese Be Unrefrigerated
Minute Velveeta Cheese Dip
2 ingredients is all it takes to make this ultra creamy Velveeta cheese dip. A white velveeta provides this thick and rich cheese dip, thats perfect for dipping. Give this Velveeta dip a try.
Learn how to make this Rotel queso dip for a simple appetizer for any occasion. This makes for a great Mexican appetizer. Or use this dip for adding to a plate of nachos, tacos, enchiladas and more. One of my favorite Velveeta recipes to use.
We are a sucker for a good cheese dip in our home. Try my smoked queso which is loaded with meat, cheese, rotel, jalapenos and more. Scroll to learn how to make this warm dip recipe.