Ingredients In Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Sauce: I use Franks Buffalo sauce in this dip, you can also use homemade buffalo sauce.
Cheddar Cheese Sharp cheddar is our favorite but anything goes. Pepper Jack, Tex-Mex or your favorite pre-shredded blend works great here. If youre a blue cheese lover, sprinkle a handful of crumbles in/on this dip before baking.
Chicken Canned chicken is super easy and works incredibly well in this recipe. It does tend to break apart so it is gently added on top of the cheesy layer. If you prefer you can use rotisserie chicken or leftover baked chicken .
Cant take the heat?!mild buffalo sauce
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yes, you can.
Same as overnight storing, youll have to transfer the buffalo chicken dip into a container with a lid. Put it in the freezer so it can last up to 2-3 months.
Reheating frozen buffalo chicken dip is also simple. All you need to do is pop the whole container in the microwave and warm it up for 5 minutes.
What Makes This Spinach Artichoke Dip Healthy
- Lower Fat: Spinach artichoke dip is usually made with tons of shredded cheese, cream cheese and even mayo which makes it super high in fat. I swapped out cream cheese/dressing for greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Higher in protein: The greek yogurt/cottage cheese mix still makes this rich and creamy, with way less fat and a whole lot more protein!
Now, lets get into what youre here for how do you make healthy spinach artichoke dip?!
Also Check: How Long Will String Cheese Last Unrefrigerated
Also Check: How Much Is Stouffer’s Mac And Cheese
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip has to be one of the most popular game day snacks, and for good reason!
Its all the delicious flavor of spicy Buffalo wings, except its so much easier to eat. That makes it the perfect contender for your next tailgate, or really anytime you want to serve easy and delicious party food.
Its creamy, perfectly spicy, cheesy, and just the best. Everyone will love this dip recipe!
Ive partnered up with BUBBLR to bring you this delicious appetizer. I love serving it with an ice cold can of their passion fruit wondr flavor!You can find out where to buy BUBBLR here.
Recommended Reading: Do They Serve Beer At Chuck E Cheese
Oven Instructions For Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Its one of THE easiest recipes to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below. Then pour into a medium baking dish and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Its then ready to eat!
A great way to keep this warm is to use a crockpot on the counter or to take with you on the go!
If you bake it in a dish, use a thermal carrier to keep your dish warm. I love mine and use it often!
Note: You can also bake for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and its hot and bubbly.
You May Like: How Long Is Cheddar Cheese Aged
Chicken Wing Dip Dippers
You really canât go wrong when it comes to scooping up the creamy, cheesy deliciousness of this chicken wing dip recipe. That being said, some of our favorite dippers include the following:
- Celery sticks.Câmonâ¦this is a natural choice.
- Toasted baguette slices. One of my favorite options, since you can hold a whole lotta dip on a slice of baguette! You can even spread the dip across the surface of the bread if youâre lacking a plate to catch your drips. Ã°
- Crackers. The sturdier, the better. Because you donât want to lose half of your cracker in the dip, am I right?
- Tortilla chips. I mean, what dip isnât delectable cradled by a crunchy, salty tortilla chip?
So whatâs your favorite thing to munch on during the big game? Are you into burgers, brats, pizza, or chili? Do you rely on your crock pot to feed the masses? Or, like me, do you prefer to enjoy a spread of appetizers and finger foods and dips?
Well, if the latter is the case, youâll definitely want to whip up this delightfully decadent Chicken Wing Dip. Iâm telling you, friendsâ¦itâs a guaranteed tailgating touchdown!
What You Need & Modifications
- Spinach it is easiest to buy already cooked and frozen spinach that you simply thaw and squeeze out the moisture, but you can easily cook down fresh spinach if you prefer.
- Artichoke hearts these come in a can and you simply drain them and dice them up.
- Feta Cheese feta cheese is a rich cheese that packs a rich flavor punch. If you dont like feta, you can swap for mozzarella here.
- Onion & Garlic use any onion you like, a shallot would be great in here. I often opt for red onion as it is a bit more mild when using it raw.
- Greek Yogurt & Cottage Cheese these 2 are the replacements for mayo and sour cream. The cottage cheese is blended to make a smooth, yet thick consistency.
- Worcestershire, Sriracha, and lemon juice add a bit of flare to the rich dip. Feel free to swap for your favorite hot sauce. Use bottled or fresh lemon juice.
- Parmesan Cheese This is added just on top for the melty cheese layer, but again, feel free to swap this for a milder cheese like mozzarella if you prefer.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Biggest Chuck E Cheese
Tastes Like The Classic
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip still tastes like that appetizer recipe everybody loves! Trust me: nobody is gonna notice you tweaked it to make it a little more healthy. Its:
- Creamy and spicy, with really bold buffalo flavor.
- Plus some ranch-y vibes, and gooey cheddar.
- With tender chunks of white-meat chicken.
- And little pops of savory onion and cooling, refreshing celery .
Yes, friends. Theres a reason why every self-respecting party needs this party animal. Its so darn great, and nobody ever gets tired of having it around!
An Easy And Creamy Spinach Dip
I love whipping up a batch of this spinach dip recipe whenever we have friends over. Its always been a hit at get-togethers, potlucks and Super Bowl parties, but I even make it as an everyday snack sometimes. Its crazy how fast it disappears!
Classic cold and creamy spinach dip is great, but this hot version is SO much better. With the addition of bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella, this spinach dip becomes ten times better.
Whether youre using crackers, veggies, or tortilla chips, I promise you this oven-baked dip will be gone before you know it!
If you love cheese and spinach dishes, make sure and also check out my favorite Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Shells recipes. We made this last weekend again and had zero leftovers!
Don’t Miss: How To Make Queso Out Of Shredded Cheese
Why I Love This Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is probably one of my top 10 favorite foods. I mean, its spicy, its filling, its rich its just so good.
When I had to be dairy free for nursing my kiddo, I remember going to a Christmas gathering and being so sad that I couldnt eat the dip. While it took me a while to find a way to recreate that same flavor without the dairy, I think Ive finally gotten it down pat.
The secret ingredient? Mayonnaise.
Yes, I know it sounds kind of gross. A dip with a bunch of mayo for real? But I promise, it tastes amazing.
The mayo mixes together with the buffalo sauce to create that indulgent flavor youre craving.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect dip for any party with buffalo wing-inspired flavors baked to bubbly perfection.
This buffalo chicken dip uses canned chicken to make it really quick and easy with lots of cheese and spicy buffalo sauce.
Over the years, Ive made many versions of this dip this is a quick and easyclassic buffalo chicken dip.
- No extra add-ins but still packs great buffalo wing flavor.
- Minimal ingredients make it super easy to prepare!
- Canned chicken means you can make this at a moments notice but shredded or rotisserie chicken work too.
- Its versatile, use any kind of buffalo sauce or add extra cheeses, chopped jalapenos, bell peppers, or onions.
Don’t Miss: What Do Vegans Use For Cheese
Which Hot Sauce Is Best For This Dip
For Buffalo anything we use either Crystal or Franks, and typically have both in our house. Joey is particular about which one he prefers in which dish. Ive used both in my Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip and both are equally delicious! Check out this article by the Chicago Tribune comparing the top hot sauces!
Cream Cheese Spinach Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese The cream cheese makes this baked artichoke dip so creamy and craveable. Learn how to soften cream cheese quickly.
- MayonnaiseMayo is also a great base for creamy dips! Olive Oil Mayo is my go-to.
- Sour Cream Theres nothing quite like the creamy tang of sour cream for an added touch in a dip. I prefer full fat, but if youre trying to cut back this is an easy place to do it!
- Chopped Spinach frozen spinach is best for this recipe, I like to buy the steamable packages.
- Monterey Jack Cheese Fresh grated jack cheese makes this dip sooooo creamy! Avoid pre-shredded cheese, as its covered in a flour like substance that helps it resist sticking and melting.
- Minced Onion adds a subtle burst of flavor.
- Minced Garlic I find that buying pre-minced garlic is a great shortcut.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes Crushed red pepper flakes in this recipe are not enough to make it hot, but just enough to spice it up a little.
- Parmesan Fresh grated or store bought, your choice! Parmesan doesnt melt quite like the creamier cheeses, so fresh grated isnt as important.
- Black Pepper For a little spice!
- To Garnish: Diced Red Pepper I add a little diced red pepper or red pepper flakes to the top for a pop of vibrant color. Totally not necessary if youd prefer to skip!
Keep reading for the printable Creamy Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese recipe and watch how to make it in the video in this post!
You May Like: Philly Steak Papadia
Don’t Miss: How To Make Cheese Dip With Velveeta And Rotel
Why Is My Buffalo Chicken Dip Greasy
Ive tried too many slow cooker buffalo chicken dip recipes that have a layer or pockets of that orange colored oily liquid floating around. This is because the ingredients have either separated or never fully combined in the first place. You dont want that orange oily liquid dripping on your clothes!
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Cottage Cheese Arms
How To Make The Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is the lazy persons trick for serving Buffalo wings for a crowd. You get all the tangy, fiery flavors of hot wings coated in a rich, creamy dip. You know its good when its just as delicious on celery as it is on chips! And maybe best of all, you wont go through a tower of napkins while enjoying it!
But what makes this the ultimate? Its not the sauce or the cheese it all comes down to the chicken.
Read Also: How Long Can String Cheese Be Unrefrigerated
Also Check: How To Call Chuck E Cheese
Other Awesome Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- We LOVE these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels. Theyre also SO simple to throw together and perfect to take to parties. Make them the day before, cut them just before serving, and watch them disappear.
- These buffalo chicken nachos are always a hit in our house. Theyre packed with blue corn tortillas, shredded buffalo chicken, green onions, and a completely addictive blue cheese sauce.
- If youre feeling a little ambitious, these Mozzarella-stuffed buffalo chicken rolls are so fun, and SO delicious.
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You May Like: Which Cheese Is Best For Toddlers
Also Check: Does Cheese Make You Gain Weight
Buffalo Chicken Dip Slow Cooker Oven And Instant Pot
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has everything you love about buffalo wings, only made into a dip no messy hands!
Provided by Gina
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE â EASY CROCK POT BUFFALO â¦
- I serve on baguette that has been sliced and toasted. However, it is also tasty on corn chips.
BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN AND CHEESE DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â SPEND WITH PENNIES
FRANKâS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â COPYKAT RECIPES
EASY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â SOUTHERN PLATE
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â CAFE DELITES
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â HUNDREDS OF EASY RECIPES!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â THE CHUNKY CHEF
BUFFALO CHICKEN PINWHEELS â I AM HOMESTEADER
EASY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â SOUTHERN PLATE
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â THE CHUNKY CHEF
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â SLOW COOKER BUFFALO â¦
CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP â BALANCING MOTHERHOOD
Buffalo Chicken Dip Is A Sinfully Creamy And Mouthwatering Appetizer Infused With Hot Wing Flavours Perfect Comfort Food For Any Special Occasion
With a hint of butter and garlic, our creamy Buffalo chicken dip recipe is a stand out hit wherever you serve it. Using rotisserie chicken to beat cooking times, it doesnt get any easier than this one!
You May Like: Who Sells Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
We entertain a lot well, before March 2020 we entertained a lot hoping this will change back soon because we miss all of our people!
I actually still find myself making this creamy buffalo chicken dip often though. Its restaurant-worthy, way less messy than buffalo wings and everyone loves it.
Not to mention the fact that this cheesy buffalo chicken can be so easily repurposed and made into buffalo chicken stuffed peppers or even several creamy buffalo chicken pasta recipes.
Personally, I like to make buffalo chicken pizza with any leftovers that I still have on the last day before the dip goes bad To make the buffalo chicken pizza, I use homemade pizza dough with my pizza dough in a bread maker LINK https://couponcravings.com/easy-homemade-pizza-dough-dinner-recipe/ recipe, the dry ingredient packages of pizza dough or the premade packaged pizza dough rounds, top with the dip, pile with mozzarella cheese and bake at 425 degrees for 9-11 minutes. That is a winner of a dinner!
On to the directions for making this creamy buffalo chicken dip, as I really dont think that youll have any leftovers
Donât Miss: What Comes On A Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
It is so easy to make slow cooker buffalo chicken dip. You pretty much just dump everything in and the crock pot do its thing.
This makes about 2 quarts of dip.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Get Rid Of Cottage Cheese Thighs
Youll Need A Good Slow Cooker
I make it in our small 1.5 quart slow cooker when I make it for just my family, because it is the perfect size. This crock pot is great for my favorite dip recipes.
Its generally pretty inexpensive too so if you like to throw parties, you definitely have to get one.
However, if you are making it for a crowd I recommend that you double the recipe and then you will want to use a 3 quart crock pot or a standard size crock pot.
Also Check: Does Babybel Have To Be Refrigerated