Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
In our house, we love Instant Pot macaroni and cheese! All of the different kinds. Even the box kind if my husband is making it.
When we came up with this amazingly simple Instant Pot idea for creamy macaroni and cheese, I fell in love! Its so great that I can just pour the noodles in, set the timer and no draining is required.
If you want to try out some more awesome macaroni recipes take a look at our Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup recipe, or our super delicious Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe, and another favorite, our Cheesy Macaroni Casserole recipe.
Copycat Kraft Macaroni Cheese Dinner Pressure Cooker Or
Close the lid and set the pressure release. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
Easy instant pot mac and cheese recipe mac cheese. Add pasta, water, onion powder, dry mustard, salt, pepper and butter to the instant pot.
How to make mac and cheese in the instant pot instant. Add the pasta, water, butter, and seasonings to your instant pot, and stir to combine.
How to make easy kraft boxed mac and cheese in the instant. Add the uncooked macaroni noodles, vegetable broth, and water to the instant pot.
Instant pot boxed kraft macaroni and cheese recipe. Add water, macaroni, butter, paprika salt and pepper to instant pot.
Instant pot easy mac and cheese macaroni and cheese. Follow instructions to quick release.
Instant pot mac and cheese recipe creamy delicious. Food prep time is however long to open a box and some cans.
Instant pot mac and cheese recipe in 2020 instant pot. For this recipe, i used 2 boxes of kraft mac and cheese so that wed have some leftovers.
How To Make Kraft Mac And Cheese In Instant Pot
Food prep time is however long to open a box and some cans.For this recipe, i used 2 boxes of kraft mac and cheese so that wed have some leftovers.Here is how to make kraft boxed mac n cheese in the instant pot:How to make box mac and cheese in the instant pot.
How to make boxed mac and cheese in the instant pot pressure cooker.How to make instant pot mac & cheese.How to make instant pot mac and cheese.How to make instant pot macaroni and cheese with ground beef.
How to make mac and cheese in the instant pot.How to make white cheddar mac and cheese in the instant pot.How to make yummy mac and cheese.How to store leftover mac and cheese.
Instant pot copycat kraft mac and cheese ingredients:Instant pot mac and cheese kraft.Instant pot macaroni and cheese with tuna fish and peas is quick to throw together.Its easy and usually always have all of the.
Ive even made 3 boxes.Keep in mind that the sharper or stronger the taste of cheese, the better your instant pot mac and cheese will be.Next, put the pasta in the broth and add the salt,.Open the kraft macaroni and cheese box and set aside the cheese packet.
Pour the pasta into the pot in an even layer.Put noodles, water, and salt into the instant pot and push a few buttons.Release pressure once completed, there will be water in the.Sauté the ground beef with the.
Read Also: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Dominos Calories
Ingredients In Instant Pot Mac And Cheese
I can already feel you looking at that evaporated milk and I sense a little judgment. YES, there are other cream/milk options you can absolutely use- please feel free- but the evaporated milk really does seem to give this the BEST and creamiest texture here. Milk or cream seems to create a grainier texture.
- shallot adds so much depth!
- macaroni- or other pasta
- butter and olive oilor sub vegan butter, or other oil
- evaporated milk try this organic brand of evaporated milk
- dijon mustard– gives mac and cheese a delicious tang.
- grated cheddar cheese
- pepper jack cheese
- Optional additions: Kale, broccoli, edamame, Everything Bagel Spice, Allepo Chili flakes
Special Equipment For This Recipe
- Instant Pot I recently upgraded to this model and I love it!
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS COMMENTS FOR TIPS AND REVIEWS.
AND DONT FORGET, IF YOUVE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING LETTING ME KNOW HOW YOU ENJOYED IT!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
Don’t Miss: Is Sour Cream Good In Mac And Cheese
How To Make This Gluten
Add all ingredients except the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and milk in the inner pot.
Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
Allow for a quick pressure release and then add in the remaining ingredients, stirring in the cream cheese and cheese to melt with the pasta, and then adding in the milk a little at a time.
Serve in a large bowl or platter and garnish with grated cheese and fresh parsley.
Kimchi + Bacon + Chopped Scallions
We have to thank cook and food writer Caroline Choe for introducing us to this sublime, Korean-inspired combination. Ever since she dreamed up her recipe for Kimchi Macaroni & Cheese, her family, friends, and co-workers haven’t been able to get enough of itand there’s no reason it can’t work for boxed mac and cheeses . The key is to sauté the kimchi to cut down the acidity before mixing it into the cheesy macaroni, along with crispy bacon bits, and garnishing with chopped scallions.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Why Give The Gift Of Mac And Cheese
Mac and cheese in a jar is about more than sharing an irresistible comfort food with those you love its about giving the gift of convenience. This is your way to lend a helping hand and make getting dinner on the table a little easier. Its also a convenience for you, as its incredibly easy to assemble no cooking required.
Unlike a tin of homemade cookies, this is the gift that holds up well for months to come. Let the lucky recipient tuck this quick-cooking meal away in the pantry and rejoice in a comforting weeknight dinner once the regular routine sets back in after the holiday rush.
This Is The Absolute Best Macaroni And Cheese
Its incredibly easy to make macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot. Im very happy to share with you what my family considers to be the best macaroni and cheese! This mixture of cheeses is, in our book, perfect! Ive even made it a couple of times in the same week, and got zero complaints about the repeat meal!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items I used to prep and make this wonderful mac & cheese recipe:
- Youll be shredding 2 ½ cups of cheese. A good cheese grater makes the task a breeze.
- I threw my shredded cheese in these large bowls. Although theyre not food prep bowls, per se, I use them that way and they are awesome for keeping bulk ingredients in.
- These food prep & mixing bowls are some of my favorites. Ive had them for a few years now. Theyre light, sturdy and have a silicone ring at the bottom to prevent sliding. Plus, they come in lots of pretty colors!
- I love my measuring spoons.The butterfly design on the end is just so pretty.
- These large silicone spoons are perfect for serving food from the Instant Pot. I, of course, have them in aqua.
Appliances & Cookware
This recipe was made in my 8 quart Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. Youll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
Recommended Reading: Does Laughing Cow Cheese Have To Be Refrigerated
Instant Pot Mac And Cheese Recipe Tips
- Shred your own cheese. Store bought pre-shredded cheese is often coated with an anti-caking agent that prevents it from melting smoothly.
- When you quick release the pressure after the Instant Pot cook time ends, move the steam release valve very carefully and, if possible, move it just a little bit at a time. Its best to release the steam and pressure slowly to avoid a starchy spray from coming out of the valve. As long as you do a slow and careful quick release, you shouldnt end up with a mess.
- For easy clean up, give your Instant Pot lid a quick rinse right away after you take the lid off. Then later you can give it a full wash with soap, after youve finished eating. Rinsing the pasta starch off of the lid right away makes clean up much easier! You will also want to remove the steam release handle and rinse it out. It pulls right off and then you just press it back on. See my Instant Pot manual for a photo.
Can I Make Instant Pot Mac And Cheese With A Different Type Of Milk
The short answer is yes. I used whole milk for the recipe because I think it provides a better creamy texture. However, using half and half or heavy cream would also be great options. You can also use evaporated milk in place of milk , but it adds a slightly off putting taste in my opinion. Some people LOVE evaporated milk in mac and cheese, but I like to stick to regular milk. Its totally your preference!
My favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
Make sure you dont miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
- 1cupwhole milk
- 4ouncessharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese,freshly grated
- 4ouncesmonterey cheese,freshly grated
- 2ouncesparmesan cheese,freshly grated
- black pepper to taste
Add pasta to instant pot. Add water/broth, salt, and mustard stir to combine. Close instant pot lid and place pressure valve in sealed position. Set on manual/high for 4 minutes.
Once the time is up, release the pressure immediately by flipping the valve and releasing the steam. Remove the top, then add milk, cheese, paprika, and butter stir constantly until cheese is melted and everything is combined*. Add black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Brick Cheese
Customize Your Mac And Cheese
Its hard to beat a classic bowl of creamy shells and cheese, but for anyone who might enjoy more flavor, this is an easy gift to customize.
- Give it a spicy twist: Stir 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper into the cheese powder.
- Give it a taco twist: Stir 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder into the cheese powder.
- Give it a Middle Eastern-inspired twist: Stir 1 teaspoon zaatar into the cheese powder.
No Drain Instant Pot Pasta Recipe
I tested it so many ways to ensure this was a NO DRAIN recipe. There are plenty of recipes out there that you have to drain the water after pressure cooking, but that really didnt appeal to me at all since there had to be another advantage to making it this way to make it worth it. It does make it slightly less starchy, but like I said, I wanted to make sure it had an advantage.
I think this is a good method for anyone using their Instant Pot in close quarters or outdoors like camping. Anyone who might be weak or elderly that cant lift a pot of boiling water to drain in a colander would love this approach.
Read Also: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
How To Make Microwave Macaroni And Cheese ~
- Put 1/3 cup of elbow noodles into your mug. Add a scant 1/2 cup of water to it. Be sure to use a liquid measuring cup to measure your water. And by scant, I mean just shy of 1/2 cup.
- Basically you will microwave this mixture until the water has evaporated. In my microwave this takes about 4 minutes.
- Microwave it for 2 minutes to start, then stir. Then another minute, and stir again. Then a final minute, and the water should be absorbed. If not, microwave a bit more until it is.
- Stir in your milk and cheese, and microwave for a final 30-60 seconds. Stir very well to blend everything together into a creamy sauce, and enjoy.
Doubling Instant Pot Easy Mac
If you choose to double this recipe, multiple all ingredients, but keep the cook time the same!
I have had good results doing this, but some readers have reported some issues. I suggest adding the noodles, stirring them so they dont clump, and cook them right away. Another way to avoid issues is by preheating your Instant Pot so its warm before you start adding water.
Don’t Miss: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Dominos
Cooking The Mac And Cheese
Help the lucky recipient of this gift bring dinner to the table by including a recipe card with cooking instructions. Heres what youll want to include.
Instant Microwave Mac & Cheese Is The Answer To Mid Day Cravings
I tend to get crazy hunger spikes in the middle of the day, and for some reason I have a block against buying anything remotely appropriate for lunch when Im at the supermarket. Im always stuck roaming around the kitchen hunting for something, anything, to deal with my intense mid-day munchies, so imagine my excitement at finding an instant rich and creamy macaroni and cheese for one in a mug made right in the microwave!
Recommended Reading: What Kind Of Sauce Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Tips For The Best Mac And Cheese:
You really cant mess up Instant Pot mac and cheese, but here are a few pointers to keep in mind!
- Use an 8-quart Instant Pot if you can. If you use a 6-quart, make sure to adjust your cook time to 5 minutes instead of 4.
- Cream is the best texture. If you only have milk, you can use it in the recipe, but cream creates the silkiest texture.
- Mustard powder is optional but recommended. You dont need it, but it adds the nicest color and you cant taste it!
Cherry Tomatoes + Basil + Mozzarella
Sure, you’ve heard of the traditional caprese salad, along with its cousins, the caprese grilled cheese and a grilled panzanella twist. But have you ever thought to work those ingredients into your instant macaroni and cheese? Maybe notbut that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. Simply mix in halved cherry tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, and chunks of melty mozzarella for a light, bright upgrade.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
How To Make Instant Pot Boxed Mac And Cheese
There are a couple of key tips to making boxed macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot:
By the way, the history of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, aka Kraft Dinner, is kind of interesting.
Why I Like To Make Mac And Cheese In The Instant Pot
Instant mac and Cheese as I like to call it is made best in the Instant pot.
So many ready to eat Mac and Cheese in the markets , why do you make it at home. This is a recipe when one graduates from the Instant Mac and Cheese , wants more Gourmet almost Truffle Mac and cheese. This recipe is for you.
Every time the pasta is cooked to perfection . No checking needed.
Almost a dump and Enjoy recipe. Add all the Ingredients of your Choice. Cheese Mozzarella , Gruyere, Parmesan, Mexican Blend,Or even Vegan cheese. The Choice is yours .
I say this as I have added some Shaved Truffles in the end .Also a drizzle of truffle oil ..Oh so yummy !!!
Make It your own.
Recommended Reading: Does Babybel Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
Mac And Cheese Made In The Instant Pot
Before we get to the recipe, have you cooked with an Instant Pot yet? Its basically an electric pressure cooker, but really easy to use. Much easier than a conventional pressure cooker, which I was always scared to use.
What I love about the Instant Pot is that its a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker including a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute/browning, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer. Plus, it has a stainless steel cooking pot and steam rack LOVE that! I have literally gotten rid of my old slow cooker and yogurt maker because I can do it all with the Instant Pot.
Looking for Instant Pot recipe ideas? Check out my top 50 gluten-free and Paleo Instant Pot recipes. You can also follow my too.
Ready for the Gluten-Free Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe? Its so easy to make. Youll be done from start to finish in about 20 minutes.