Recipe Notes For Ham Sliders
- Replace the layers of ham with thin sliced turkey or roast beef deli meat instead for a different flavor.
- Replace yellow mustard with honey mustard or dijon mustard for an extra touch of flavor.
- Although I adore using provolone for these sammies, feel free to swap it out for another melty cheese such as cheddar cheese, mozzarella or even swiss cheese.
- Using sweet Hawaiian rolls for these sandwiches produces such a delicious end result, but regular dinner rolls will work fine, too.
- These are super easy to make ahead of time. Assemble the sandwiches as directed. Mix up the topping but store it separately in the fridge. Brush it over the tops of the sandwiches just before baking.
- This is a good recipe to freeze. Place them in a resealable bag and wrap in foil. Freeze for up to 4 months!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container covered with foil or plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
Soup and sandwiches always make a great combo.
With tomato soup, grilled cheese has always been the best pairing. But it couldnt hurt to experiment a little!
How about a ham sandwich for a change?
The great thing about this duo is that you get a contrast of flavors sweet, savory, tangy that are sure to tickle the tastebuds!
And did you know that with only three ingredients, you can make a spectacular tomato soup? Yup, just some tomatoes, onions, and butter are all you need!
Toasted Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Typically I make cold ham and cheese sandwiches, but now and then Ill toast it up. Toasted ham and cheese sandwiches are so simple to make.
Instead of spreading the butter/mayo on the inside, just spread one or the other on the outside. Add to a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry both sides until crisp, with the cheese melted in the centre. Alternatively, you can use a toastie machine if you have one!
Process shots: spread outside of sandwich with mayo or butter and add to pan , fry both sides , slice in half .
Don’t Miss: Does Cheddar Cheese Have Vitamin D
Ham And Cheese Sandwich Recipe : Hot Roast Beef & Cheese Sandwiches
Layer peppers, ham, and swiss cheese on rye bread before buttering both sides and toasting in the skillet. Then add the ham and cheese and close the sandwich. Bake sandwiches, on a sheet On 2 of the 4 Wrap buns in foil and place in preheated oven.
Total Time: PT30MCuisine: AfricanCategory: Side-dish Recipes
Nutrition Information: Serving: 1 serving, Calories: 410 kcal, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Protein: 4.7 g, Sugar: 0.4 g, Sodium: 990 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Fiber: 1 mg, Fat: 19 g
Keywords: Ham And Cheese Sandwich Recipe
What To Put On Ham Sandwich
You can play with a ton of entertaining components. Actually, the sky is the limit. Seasonal fruits and vegetables, a variety of spreads and dips, and seasonings!
Here are some ideas for spreads:
- Mayo Make sure you have a conventional option in addition to a fun flavor option like Chipotle Mayo.
- Jelly and peanut butter
- If youre planning to serve some children or picky adults, this is a terrific addition.
- Cole slaw, potato salad, tuna salad, or chicken salad. Your guests can eat it as a side dish or add it to their sandwiches!
- Glaze of balsam
- This is fantastic for drizzling over fresh mozzarella! You can manufacture your own or get it from a retailer.
And for garnishes:
- To make it simpler to add lettuce to the sandwiches, cut the leaves in half.
- Make sure the tomatoes are cut!
- Again, sliced pickles are simpler.
- herbs like basil.
- red onion slices
- stale salt
- I absolutely gotta do this! People frequently forget to salt their boards. You guys need to season those tomatoes!
- Sriracha, hot sauce, or something extra spicy.
Read Also: How Much Sodium In Mac And Cheese
Grilled Ham Cheese And Pickle Sandwiches Recipe
Assemble for grilling : On each of 4 slices bread, buttered side down, spread 1/4 of the jalapeno cream cheese, 1/4 of the green chile, distribute 1/4 of the Pepper Jack cheese and place 2 slices ham. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, buttered side up. Step 4. Bring a large nonstick skillet or grill pan to medium heat.
2 slices ham. 2 slices pickle. directions. Heat a pan over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread, spread the mustard on the insides, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the roast pork, ham, pickle, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
For each sandwich, fold 1 slice of the ham on top of the mustard spread and top with a piece of Swiss cheese. Cover with the 4 remaining bread slices. Spread butter on top of the remaining bread slices. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches to the skillet butter-side down.
2 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread. 2 leaves of lettuce. 1 Roma tomato. 3 slices Sara Lee® Honey Ham. 2 slices American cheese. 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard.
Top each slice with Swiss cheese, then Black Forest Ham. Place slice of rye on top, butter side up. Cook until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt. For the potato salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool and slice thin.
What Alternative Sauce To Mayonnaise Can You Use On A Sandwich
Pine nuts, basil, garlic, cheese, and olive oil are the ingredients in pesto, a popular paste-like sauce.
You can include it in some recipes to improve your intake of vitamin E, vitamin K, manganese, and the beneficial monounsaturated fats in olive oil, even though it has a nuttier flavor than mayonnaise.
Pesto is made up of 1/4 cup , which includes
- 98 percent of the DV for vitamin K
- 36 percent of the DV for vitamin E
- Manganese makes up 17% of the DV.
- 14 percent of the DV for riboflavin
- 10% of the DV is copper.
- 8 percent of the DV for calcium
To add a splash of color and flavor to sandwiches and wraps, use pesto in place of mayo for optimum results.
It also works well as a nice topping on sauteed vegetables or in pasta salad.
Don’t Miss: Is Cottage Cheese Good For A Diet
What Goes Well With Tuna Fish
23 Cool Things To Do With Canned Tuna
- Tuna Rigatoni with Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Share On facebook Share.
- Tuna, Kale and Egg Salad. Share On facebook Share.
- Tuna, White Bean and Kale Soup. Share On facebook Share.
- Creamy Shells with Tuna and Spinach.
- Emeril’s Kicked-Up Tuna Melts.
- Lower-Carb Easy Cheesy Tuna Casserole.
- Breadless Tuna Melt In a Tomato.
- Avocado Tuna Salad.
How To Make The Best Ham & Cheese Sandwich
We just dont eat enough grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. In part, thats because theyre so easy to make six steps! that we forget just how amazing they can be. Dont think a ham and cheese sandwich will blow your mind? We dare you to try this recipe.
We slather a very soft sourdough bread with butter and a tangy Dijon-mayonnaise, and then put it in a hot skillet. While its toasting, we pile on the nutty Gruyère, thin ribbons of ham, and fresh tomatoes. The result is sublime: Crispy, golden brown bread, gooey cheese, and wonderfully salty ham. Our favorite part might be the way the melty cheese, tomato, and Dijon-mayo combine so that theyre almost saucy. It makes the whole thing feel elevated shades of croque monsieur.
Its rich, its indulgent, and its worth it! This is the kind of sandwich you can serve as a meal its quite filling. And yet, for that very reason, it also makes a terrific snack. You could grill up a double recipe, cut the sandwiches into quarters, and serve them as a movie night bite your family will go wild. In the test kitchen, our too-small stack of sandwiches disappeared in seconds. Find more recipes today at Gelsons!
Read Also: What Sauce Is On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
You May Like: What Cheeses Are Best For Keto
What Condiments Are Used On Sandwiches
This page examines a wide range of sandwich toppings that can be utilized to give a plain old sandwich a lot of flavor. A sandwich condiment is a spice, sauce, spread, or ingredient that gives classic sandwich contents like ham, tofu, chicken, roast beef, turkey, etc. an added kick of flavor. Usually, the sandwich bread or filling is spread with or dusted with these condiments. A lot of sandwich toppings are also used to provide sandwiches a little moisture if they are too dry to some peoples preferences.
We earn a small profit if you purchase items using the links below at no additional cost to you. This website benefits from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate.
What Goes Well With Tomato Soup
12 Grilled Cheese Recipes to Pair With Tomato Soup
- Grilled cheese rolls. Pin.
- Spinach, goat cheese & avocado grilled cheese. Pin.
- Ultimate nacho grilled cheese recipe. Pin.
- White pizza grilled cheese. Pin.
- Grilled cheese sandwich with Brie & red onion marmalade. Pin.
- Hawaiian grilled cheese. Pin.
- Apple-butter grilled cheese sandwiches. Pin.
- Hot Buffalo chicken & bacon grilled cheese.
Read Also: What Comes On Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
A Perfect Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Here Ill show you the tastiest way to whip up a classic Ham and Cheese Sandwich!
When youre scouting the sandwich section at the supermarket, youll more than likely spot the good old ham and cheese sandwich. Its not one I ever find myself grabbing, just because its so much easier and tastier to make at home. But the combo of cheese and ham should be celebrated nevertheless, and thats exactly what were doing today. Follow me
Instead Of Chips What Else Can I Have With A Sandwich
11 Suitable Side Dishes to Go With Your Sandwich
- The classic duo of soup and sandwich.
- Sandwich + Chips or Fries: Recreate Your Local Deli Favorites.
- To make a tasty, nutritious lunch, add a salad to your favorite sandwich.
- Combine Your Sandwich Design with Delicious Coleslaw.
- Your sandwich lunch should include vegetables and hummus.
You May Like: What Cheese Is Babybel Original
The Epic Grilled Ham And Cheese
I cant wait to share my favorite ham and cheese sandwich recipe, but before I do, I have lots to tell you about this simple meal. All the information I found out about a simple ham and cheese sandwich was crazy pants!!
Whether you enjoy hot or cold sandwiches, I have several tips that you can use to change how you eat them.
Not even going to lie, my puppers also loves to have a bite here and there because the sandwiches turn out so yummy!
So ok, take a quick peek at these tips, and you will be devouring a delectable ham and cheese sandwich in no time! You can make it as simple or as advanced as your heart desires!
Also Check: Can You Melt Babybel Cheese
Ham And Pimento Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
Rich, creamy pimento cheese is irresistible piled on top of a flaky buttery biscuit with a few slices of salty-sweet country fried ham. Add bright pickled red onions, earthy bright green scallions, and bold spices for a satisfying combo.
It takes a total of 6 minutes to put one sandwich together, but if you have everything ready and double or triple the amounts you can offer these at lunch for each guest to assemble their own.
Serve with a fruity and refreshing salad like this kale and fruit.
Read Also: How To Make Hot Ham And Cheese
Ham Egg And Cheese Sandwich With Secret Sauce
Sharing is caring!
Looking for an easy lunch idea that has plenty of protein and is loaded with melty, cheesy goodness? Try these Ham, Cheese, and Egg Sandwiches with Mustard Secret Sauce!
Ok, I know yall looked at this recipes title and thought, Why in the world do I need a recipe for something as simple as a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich? I get it. I do. Chances are you DONT need a recipe to figure out how to put a couple of slices of toasted bread, ham, cheese, and an egg together. But, my friends, the secret is in the sauce!
This was another one of the recipes born of necessity when my farmer called me up late one morning asking if I had anything I could bring him for lunch. Im thinking youre sensing a pattern here, and youd be right. This happens a lot in our household, mostly because he doesnt often know what hes going to be doing day-to-day, so planning ahead isnt always possible.
On the particular day that this sandwich was born, we had been to some sort of function just a few days earlier where someone had made those amazing baked ham and cheese sliders. You know the ones Im talking about, right? The ones that are on the Hawaiian Bread Rolls, with a yummy mustard-mayonnaise sauce, slathered in butter, and baked? The sauce on those little sliders is so good, and easy, that figured I could add it to a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich and have it taste just as good!
How To Build Hot Ham And Cheese Sliders
The components of these sliders are minimal and straightforward, but each serves a specific and delicious purpose:
- Compound butter: This compound butter can be made with ingredients you likely already have in your fridge and pantry, and it takes these ham and cheese sliders from ordinary to superb. It not only flavors the sliders, it also helps them get perfectly golden brown and not dry.
Simply Recipes / Ross Yoder
- Swiss cheese: There are lots of cheeses thatd work nicely here, from American and cheddar to gruyere. Ive personally found that sliced Swiss cheese yields the best resultsit’s mild and lets the ham and compound butter shine and it’s cost-efficient. Theres also a double layer of cheese in this recipe, which acts like glue to hold the ham perfectly in place once baked.
- Sliced deli ham: This recipe calls for thinly-sliced deli ham, but use whatever kind of ham you have access to. After a big holiday meal, these sliders would also be excellent with leftover thick-cut ham.
- Hawaiian slider rolls: Hawaiian rolls add just a touch of sweetness and they stay perfectly fluffy even when the compound butter turns the outsides nice and crisp. And yes, theyre also pretty fun to tear into when it comes time to separate them.
Also Check: What Kind Of Cheese Is Keto Friendly
Best Cheese For Cold Sandwiches
In this recipe, I use some mature Irish cheddar cheese which is just wonderful and tasty and easy for us to purchase locally. I always prefer using an older and more matured cheese for these type of sandwiches. My preference is also to use cheese I have sliced myself rather than processed cheese slices. I just think it tastes better.
But of course, again the options are infinite. Different countries all have their own different cheeses and you will find that many of them, even though perhaps not what you are used to eating, are quite delicious.
When we lived in the Netherlands, a slice of medium strength Gouda cheese would normally find its way into the lunchtime sandwiches. All these cheeses will change the character of your sandwich, so choose what you prefer.
Cold Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
Chicken cordon bleu is typically made by stuffing ham and cheese inside a chicken breast, but for this sandwich, were stacking the ham and cheese on top of buns, popping it in the broiler, then adding the chicken.
For a better result, we recommend a brine of buttermilk for the chicken breast for as little as 8 hours and ideally for 48 hours in the refrigerator. Once the chicken is ready, pat-dry and coat with flour and salt and pepper before frying. To make your sandwich, spread mustard on bread and put bread halves with cheese on one and ham on the other under a broiler. Place fried chicken cutlet on top of one half and close with the other on top. Serve hot with some kale chips.
Also Check: Who Moved My Cheese By Spencer Johnson
Hot Ham And Cheese Thats Been Baked With Hawaiian Rolls And An Onion & Dijon Butter Sauce Make The Perfect Party Sandwiches
When I was a kid, wed make two sandwiches all the time: hot ham and cheese and tuna cheesies. Both were wrapped in tinfoil then baked in the oven until they were hot and the cheese was melted and gooey. These were the 80s version of party sandwiches.
We lived in a pretty small town and I still remember when we got our first fast-food joint. It was a Hardees and even then they served their hot ham and cheese sandwiches. My parents still love to tease me that theyd be going to the Pine Tree for a nice dinner and invite me along. Id always respond with just get me a hot ham and cheese, Dukes of Hazzard is on tonight.
So despite this hot ham and cheese recipe not being quite the same thing, it still brings fond memories to mind.
I make party sandwiches all the time, regardless of whether theres an actual party happening. Theyre so simple to make, even for lunch! And you cant beat them for dinner with a quick side salad.
These arent just plain old hot ham and cheese sandwiches, either. Theyre called party sandwiches for a reason! Yes, they have ham and cheese on a roll, but you bake them all at once the pour over a delicious buttery onion & Dijon flavored sauce that puts these bad boys over the top.