Is Velveeta Real Cheese
At the forefront of Velveetas list of ingredients are milk, water, whey, and milk protein concentrate. Milk protein concentrate is a concentrated milk product that contains 40-90% milk.
As far as the U.S. government is concerned, MPC is not an ingredient found in a cheese spread. The FDA ruled that because MPC was listed as an ingredient, Kraft could not identify this velvety, smooth product as a cheese spread, but rather a cheese product.
So is it technically real cheese? No. It is not, however, it is absolutely perfect for making Velveeta Cheese Dip.
Crockpot Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Crockpot Queso Cheese Dip is a real crowd pleaser. Great for any gathering, from last minute parties to game night. Slow Cooker Queso is easy to make and irresistible, this smooth and creamy cheese dip is perfect for your favorite chips, bread or nachos!
- Pin this recipe for later!
Easy Queso Blanco Recipe Tips And Faqs
1. Can I leave the diced green chilies and diced jalapenos out? Yes, but you may need to add more milk because the liquid in the peppers helps to thin out the queso.
2. Can this easy queso blanco be made in a crockpot? Yes! Just put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 1 2 hours. Stir until smooth. Turn the temperature to warm for serving.
3. Can this recipe be made ahead of time and reheated? Yes, this queso blanco reheated. Add more milk it necessary.
4. I cant find the Velveeta Queso Blanco. Can I make queso with the regular Velveeta instead? Definitely! It will change the color, of course, and change the flavor but it will still be delicious.
5. Want more ingredients in your queso blanco? Add diced onions, a can of Rotel, a dash of hot sauce, minced garlic
6. How about toppings for the queso blanco? Try topping it with diced tomatoes, cilantro, or jalapenos.
7. To make this queso more hearty, include some meat. Try adding one pound of cooked hot Italian sausage or seasoned, cooked, ground beef taco meat.
You May Like: Baked Macaroni And Cheese With Sour Cream Recipe
Creamy White Queso Dip
Bring out a new party favorite with this Creamy White Queso Dip. This delicious white queso dip gets a kick from jalapeÃ±os while sour cream adds a creamy touch. Serve it with tortilla chips or freshly chopped vegetables!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine ingredients in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 min. stir. Microwave additional 1 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Top with chopped tomatoes. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.8818 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
How To Warm Store Bought Tortilla Chips
I love warm tortilla chips. To warm spread a layer of chips on a cookie sheet and warm on 250º for 8-10 minutes until warmed or place in microwave safe bowl and heat on high 30 seconds at a time until warmed.
Invite some friends over, turn on a game, enjoy dipping pool-side, or serve over your favorite Mexican dish .
Looking for more of a make-ahead, but still wows your friends and family appetizer recipe? Try these Cheesy Dips!
This recipe for white queso dip was adapted from The Cookie Rookie
Also Check: Babybel Cheese Refrigeration
What Is Mexico Chiquito Cheese Dip
If youre in the mood for a delicious and cheesy dip, then youll want to try Mexico Chiquito cheese dip. This flavorful dip is made with a blend of cheeses, including cheddar, Monterey Jack, and cream cheese. Its then spiced up with diced jalapeños, green onions, and cilantro. Serve it with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables for a tasty appetizer or snack.
White Queso Dip Recipe Faq
What Goes with this best queso Dip?
Serve this Queso Dip with tortilla chips, hard or soft pretzels, Dorito chips, or toasted pita triangles. This dip also works great as a cheese sauce for flour tortillas tacos and burritos.
How to Reheat Leftover White Queso Dip
Place your desired amount of cheese dip into a microwavable container. Microwave in 30 second intervals, making sure you are stirring frequently between intervals. You can also heat up in a small crockpot on low heat or in a saucepan on the stove.
Don’t Miss: Another Name For Brick Cheese
How To Make Queso Blanco Dip
Depending on how you would like to serve up this delicious dip, there are a few options to the method of making this recipe:
Crock pot: This takes a bit longer to get smooth than the other methods. Simply add all the ingredients except any toppings into the crock pot and stir occasionally until smooth.
Microwave: In a medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add ¼ cup milk and the cheese to the bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth and creamy. Stir in chiles and serve immediately.
Stove Top: In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the cheese, milk, and butter. Stir frequently, scraping the sides until melted and smooth. Stir in the green chiles. Serve immediately.
Ingredients For White Queso Recipe:
- White American Cheese I find this at the deli counter at my local grocery store. If you cannot find it, you can use Velveeta Blanco in this recipe instead.
- Milk I usually use milk as it makes this cheese dip creamier. You can use heavy cream or half and half as well.
- Butter Dont skip the butter and make sure to use a high quality butter not margarine for this recipe. I prefer Land O Lakes butter but any 100% butter will work great in this recipe.
- Green Chiles I use the canned ones and they work awesome. You can use fresh diced fresh green chiles as well if any are available in your area.
- Cumin Dont skip the cumin in this recipe. Its add the perfect flavor to this dip recipe that you will miss!
- Garlic Salt Garlic powder would work as well. If you use garlic powder, I recommend using ¼ of the total amount.
- Cayenne pepper I just use a pinch and this recipe and it adds a little zip. You can use more or less depending on how spicy you enjoy your dip recipe!
Recommended Reading: Does Harry And David Cheese Need To Be Refrigerated
The Best Cheeses For Homemade Queso Dip
It honestly depends of which queso youre making, but here are a few options!
- Cheddar + Monterrey Jack: If you are making a regular Yellow Queso Dip, Id suggest using a combo of cheddar cheese and Monterrey jack or just a straight cheddar cheese.
- White Cheddar + White American Cheese: If youre make White Queso Dip Id suggest a white cheddar cheese or white american cheese.
- Cream Cheese: Adding cream cheese to this mixture will really make things smooth and creamy. Plus it will help it not seize up like most quesos do when they are removed from heat.
What To Serve With Queso Blanco
Queso Blanco isnt just for eating with tortilla chips. There are a few options you can serve with white queso dip. Ive listed a few of my favorites below.
Vegetables: Carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Flavored Corn Chips: Any flavor of Doritos is delicious.
Bread: Try toasting some baguettes or serving with some pita bread.
Smothered Burritos: We love to smother chicken burritos or chimichangas with this Queso Blanco sauce.
Read Also: Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Ingredients
Instructions For Making Easy White Queso Dip
- Melt butter in saucepan
- add coconut milk and cheese and melt on medium heat
- Add all other ingredients. Top with cilantro, tomato, and jalapeno
- Feeds two people. Double recipe for more.
- ¾ cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup organic shredded gouda cheese – – gouda has less fat and calories compaired to cheddar cheese. If you want to keep this a low calorie queso use gouda.
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp good quality salsa – I used 365 hatch chili salsa
- ½ tomato chopped
- 2 tsp or more cilantro – save some to sprinkle on top
- Dash of garlic powder
- 3-4 drops of hot sauce – I used Cholula brand- don’t skip this step, it gives it great flavor and don’t worry this does not make it too spicy
- 1-2 chopped SLICES jalapeno pepper – we used pickled jalapeno
Crock Pot Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Crock Pot Queso Cheese Dip is a real crowd pleaser. Great for any gathering, from last minute parties to game night. Easy to make and irresistible, this smooth and creamy cheese dip is perfect for your favorite chips, bread or nachos!
- Pin this recipe for later!
Recommended Reading: How Long Does Babybel Cheese Last Unrefrigerated
Are Queso And Cheese Dip The Same Thing
I dont make the rules, but heres what makes them different in my opinion:
- Queso is more of a smooth melted cheese dip that tends to have things like peppers, salsa, and spicier elements mixed in .
- While cheese dip can be any number of dips with a cheesy element.
- I would call queso a cheese dip, but I wouldnt call every cheese dip queso.
However, Ill sort of be using the terms interchangeably in this post, since Im sharing both types of recipes .
What type of cheese should I use for queso?
Any easily-meltable cheese will do, but white cheeses, pepper jack, or sharp cheddar work well.
How long will homemade cheese dip last in the refrigerator?
Most will keep about 4 days in the refrigerator, but it depends on the full ingredients list. Be sure to store dips in airtight containers to keep them fresh.
How do you thicken cheese dips?
The best way to thicken queso and cheese dip is to mix in a bit of cornstarch .
How do you keep queso warm?
The best way to keep queso warm during a party is to keep it and serve it out of a slow cooker. Place it in the cooker and set it to the WARM setting.
Is queso keto?
Cheese is low on carbs and high on fat, which makes it good for the keto diet. So most quesos or plain cheese dips will work.
How long can cheese dip sit out?
Like most cooked foods, cheese dips should be refrigerated within 2 hours. So dont leave them sitting out longer than that without a warmer or lid .
Queso Blanco Recipe Variations
With a few simple additions, you can have a completely different, but equally delicious, white cheese dip! Here are some ideas:
- queso fundido is a crave-worthy chorizo white cheese dip.
- fiery hot queso diablo Want to clear your sinuses fast? Add a few ghost peppers or Carolina reaper chiles!
- beef queso dip has yellow cheese rather than white. With ground beef, its a delicious cheeseburger dip.
- smoked add your favorite smoked white cheese!
- roasted salsa verde stirred into white queso is amazing!
Don’t Miss: Unrefrigerated String Cheese
How Do I Reheat Queso Blanco Dip
To reheat your QuesoBlanco Dip:
- Microwave: transfer dip to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until heated through, stirring in between intervals.
- Stovetop: transfer Queso Blanco to a small sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through, stirring often do NOT let it boil. Add milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Crockpot: transfer dip to crock pot and cook on low for 30-60 minutes, depending on how much White Queso Dip is left, stirring a couple of times throughout the reheating process. If your dip feels too thick, add additional milk to thin to desired consistency.
More Amazing Game Day Dip Recipes
If this beef queso dip just isnt your thing *gasp*, here are some more tasty dip ideas:
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip if youre looking for an insanely easy and delicious dip recipe, this sausage cream cheese dip is THE ONE!! Just 3 ingredients + 3 steps to prepare.
- Crockpot Pizza Dip this AH-MAZING hot pepperoni pizza dip is elevated to pizza supreme status with the addition of diced green & red bell peppers and black olives!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip With Canned Chicken this buffalo chicken dip is a deliciously close copy of our favorite appetizer served at a local bar and grill, perfect for tailgating!
- Warm Jalapeno Popper Dip this warm and creamy jalapeño popper dip recipe is sure to be a game day favorite!
- Sour Cream Chip Dip if youre a chips and dip junkie, youre going to LOVE this out-of-this-world chip dip recipe made from only 3 ingredients!
Id love to see how your beef queso dip turns out Tag me on or use the hashtag #Unsophisticook so I can check it out. Enjoy!
You May Like: How Long Will String Cheese Last Unrefrigerated
Why This Is The Best Queso Recipe
White Queso Dip is the stuff dreams are made of. A great salsa or queso recipe can be life changing!
Ive been on the hunt for the perfect white cheese dip recipe for years and years, and this one has finally completed me. If you havent made homemade queso blanco before, then today is the day.
I feel like Ive been searching for the perfect restaurant style queso recipe to serve on Taco Night, Super Bowl, and Cinco de Mayo my entire life. One thats smooth, creamy, cheesy, and just perfect for dipping, nachos, and pouring over my favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
Making restaurant style Mexican cheese dip is SUPER EASY and amazingly addictingso youve been warned.
How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese
How to Melt Velveeta Cheese?
Also Check: Babybel Cheese Wax Edible
White Queso Dip Recipe
This white cheese dip is what I serve at every tailgating party, every summer bbq, and every night where Im simply craving cheese. I have a lot of cheesy dips on this site, but this Queso Blanco is HANDS DOWN my favorite.
As a rule, I almost always make Homemade Tortilla Chips for dipping. Its worth the extra time it takes to make them , and bonus: theyre baked and not fried!
A Good Crockpot Dip Can Improve Your Meals
It doesnt matter if youre making dips for personal snack time or for a party with a lot of people, the most important thing to remember is to choose the right recipe for the occasion. And with the extensive list that I have shown you, I dont think its going to be difficult at all.
Hopefully, many of the dishes above can inspire you to make up your own creations in the future. The culinary world is always open to newcomers.
With that, Im going to end another great journey. I hope you like todays topic. If you do, make sure to hit the like button and share the article on your various social media accounts. Comment below if theres a topic that you are interested in. See you next time!
- Choose your preferred recipe for crockpot dip.
- Prepare needed ingredients.
- Cook for 30 minutes or less.
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do Cheese Sticks Last Unrefrigerated
How To Store White Queso Dip
Leftovers of this dip can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat using stove top or microwave and add any more milk if needed if the dip has thickened up.
I do not recommend freezing this dip.
DID YOU LIKE THIS WHITE QUESO DIP? TRY OUR OTHER DIPS & SAUCES:
Dont forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DONT MISS OUT ON ANY OF CURRYTRAIL RECIPES! FOLLOW ME ON , , , .
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? ID LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOUVE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! ILL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
Chili Mac N Cheese Dip
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
If there is one thing that most Americans would agree on, its that Mac N Cheese can do you no wrong. This popular comfort food captures the hearts and minds of many thanks to its overwhelmingly cheesy flavor and starchy texture.
But just when you think there is no way to make the Mac N Cheese better, this incredible Chili Mac N Cheese can change your mind immediately with its emphasis on increasing the things you can taste in this dip.
First, there is the familiar mixture of cream cheese and Mexican cheese, creating a super thick and delectable layer. Aside from that, you get a certain level of spiciness from the hot sauce and chili con carne .
On the other hand, the Macaroni noodles offer a firm texture that gets better with all the extra sauce.
This is a closer look at this Chili Mac N Cheese dip recipe.
Also Check: Trader Joes Bread Multigrain